Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is officially open to the public at EPCOT! This "story coaster" is an innovative, fun thrill with a score you'll sing along to — exactly what you'd expect from the Guardians! Guests can access the new attraction using the virtual queue system or by purchasing an individual Lightning Lane selection. (Wanna learn more about this new and toadally epic ride? Hop over to our FAQs!)
- Starting June 8, 2022, Disney Genie+ service will only be available for purchase on a daily basis using the My Disney Experience app at Disney World. That means if you want to secure your tickets with Genie+ included for the length of your trip, you may want to hop to it! Undercover Tourist will continue to offer discounted Disney World tickets with Genie+ until June 7! (Note that Disneyland tickets with Genie+ included can continue to be purchased in advance OR via the Disneyland app — this change only impacts Disney World tickets.)
- And speaking of Genie+, beginning May 31, 2022, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will move from an a la carte individual Lightning Lane option to being an option on the flat-rate Genie+ service. Magnifique!
- The very first Halloween Horror Nights house has been announced — and you'll be able to experience it at BOTH Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood! The all-new "Universal Monsters: Legends Collide" will bring together The Wolf Man, Dracula and the Mummy in the 19th century on a quest to find the famed Amulet of Ra.
- Some additional pixie dust is returning to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts! First up, the Harmony Barbershop at Magic Kingdom Park is reopening July 31. Then, before the year is over, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques at both Disneyland and Disney World will open their doors again! Magical news, indeed.
- In celebration of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Heritage Month, guests visiting the Disneyland Resort can find an all-new window display honoring Children’s Day, a holiday which is celebrated in many cultures, including Japan and South Korea. This special window display can be found just outside the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A.
- The lineup for EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival's Eat to the Beat concerts is here — and boy are we excited! From previous favorites such as Baha Men, Tiffany and Air Supply, to new acts such as Hoobastank and Stokley, there's something for everybody. (Mommy Frog's '90s loving heart is already planning to attend Joey Fatone & Friends, BBMak, Hanson and Boyz II Men!) Emile's Fromage Montage is also returning, and Eat to the Beat Dining Packages are now on sale.
- The foodie guide for H2O Glow After Hours has been released! Enjoy a night under the stars with neon lights and bites at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon during this glowing After Hours event. The lineup includes ManGLOW (Mango) Barbeque Chicken and Waffles (with rainbow Mickey waffles!), Glow Mein Noodle Salad, Alohilohi Tuna Poke Bowl and much more!
@undercovertourist 🚨 Here are the weekly updates that you may have missed from our frog friend @thedavidvaughn! 👉 Tap link in bio for more details! #undercovertourist #disneynews #themeparks #themeparkfan ♬ Disney-style comical orchestra(475679) - EBISU MUSIC
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.