Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Halloween Horror Nights Orlando's '80s theme is back once more for 2019, scaring up some toadally rad houses, live entertainment and scare zones! Single and multi-night tickets, as well as hotel and ticket packages, Express Passes and R.I.P. Tours are all now up for grabs. Hop over to our gruesome guide to Halloween Horror Nights Orlando for all of the spine-tingling details about the event.
- Bo Peep is heading to the Disney Parks! Bo will be making special appearances at Toy Story Land in Disney's Hollywood Studios, Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Paris and across the Pacific at Disney Parks in Asia this summer to celebrate the release of "Toy Story 4" on June 21.
- Walt Disney World has begun announcing 2019's Candlelight Processional narrators! The four confirmed celebrity narrators (so far) include Whoopi Goldberg (Dec. 6-7), Pat Sajak (Dec. 16-18), Steven Curtis Chapman (Dec. 22-24) and Edward James Olmos (Dec. 25-26). Part of the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, The Candlelight Processional is the retelling of the Christmas story through word and song, featuring a choir and a live orchestra. We're hoppin' excited to hear the rest of the celebrity narrator lineup! In the meantime, you can book a Candlelight Processional Dining Package as of July 3.
- While it may be Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Minnie will be taking care of the nighttime spectacular this year! This holiday season, an all-new fireworks show will debut during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks show. Hosted by Minnie Mouse herself, the show will be visible all across Magic Kingdom, and will celebrate the magic of the holidays with medleys of seasonal faves such as “Joy to the World," “Deck the Halls," “Up on the House Top” and “We Wish You A Merry Christmas.” You can catch the all-new fireworks show during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on select nights Nov. 8 through Dec. 22, 2019.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios' FastPass+ tiers will be changing this summer! Beginning Aug. 29, Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster will be moving to Tier 1. Be sure to strategize accordingly! Looking for learn more about Disney World's FastPass+ system? Have no fear ... the Frogs are here!
- Universal Orlando is ready to celebrate the Fourth of July! From July 4-6, you can join in on the star-spangled festivities, including a live DJ and band, where you can move and groove alongside your favorite Universal characters. Count us in!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.