It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
It was a very good week for the Frog Family. We were lucky enough to hop over to the very first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Tad has been very busy editing his video, and we should have them all up shortly on our YouTube channel! Here is Tad's favorite part of the evening -- watching the Headless Horseman!! Don't forget you can also check out our party tips.
- As expected, the Magic Kingdom Park debut of Jack Skellington and his love, Sally, proved to be very popular at the first Halloween party. If you're hoping to meet them at the event, we recommend getting in line no later than 6 p.m. or waiting until the end of the evening. If you haven't seen it yet, check out Crafty Staci's post on DIY Jack and Sally T-shirts!
- We were happy to announce that Andrea Fischer was the lucky winner of our Undercover Tourist of the Month Contest for August. She submitted a terrific review of her family's visit to DisneyQuest. The rest of you have a chance to win a $250 credit this month, just by submitting your theme park Top 5 Lists.
- The folks over at MiceChat have put together a terrific roundup of the Halloween Horror Nights preview. This year, Universal is taking the scare zone concept to new levels, with all of the scare zones themed to the Walking Dead! Prepare to watch as everyday people transform into walkers before your very eyes!
- Celebrity animal expert "Jungle" Jack Hanna is coming to SeaWorld Orlando for Jack Hanna Weekend this Saturday and Sunday. Jack will be performing with his animal friends at Nautilus Theater, with special meet-and-greet opportunities at Dine with Shamu and breakfast at Shark's Underwater Grill.
- California Grill reopened this week to much fanfare, and Inside the Magic has a full review of the re-imagined dining experience atop Disney's Contemporary Resort.
- One of our favorite pieces of news this week was the announcement that Disney is bringing its Glow with the Show Ears to the Walt Disney World Resort. We can't wait to get glowing with all of you at the park, starting Oct. 15!
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!