Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- LEGOLAND New York has officially reopened for the 2022 season for a year filled with awesome events! The resort made its grand opening in July 2021. Later this summer, LEGO City Water Playground, a brand-new attraction located within LEGO City, will debut. In addition to beating the heat, you'll be able to build and race your own LEGO watercraft at the Build a Boat feature. You can save some green by getting discount LEGOLAND New York tickets through us frogs!
- Raise your hand if you are also singing along to "Encanto" all day long! For those visiting Disneyland Park, celebrate the fan-favorite song "We Don't Talk About Bruno" with special projections on "it's a small world" beginning April 11. Running several times each night, this limited-time montage pays tribute to the hit song with special projections and lighting effects. For other "Encanto" fun, meet Mirabel in Frontierland with a beautiful backdrop of her family's painting. And starting April 22, the Main Street Electrical Parade returns with a new finale float featuring many films, including "Encanto."
- ICYMI: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT will officially open May 27 to the general public! We can hardly wait for Memorial Day Weekend. Disney has confirmed that annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club members will have an opportunity for special previews ahead of the opening (sign-ups will be emailed out soon). I am Groot!
- Attention music lovers! Even more artists have been announced for the Seven Seas Food Festival at SeaWorld Orlando. Upcoming performers include Flo Rida, Boyz II Men, Chase Bryant and Luis Fonsi. The festival begun Feb. 4 and runs through May 8. Check out our top five reasons to visit the festival!
- A new restaurant has opened at CityWalk at Universal Studios Hollywood. Chick Chick Chicken offers up a colorful display of hand-breaded chicken. Enjoy chicken sandwiches and tenders, along with sides and drinks. Are you up for the Nashville Hot N' Spicy Chicken? The quick-service restaurant opens at 11 a.m. daily.
- Entertainment continues to return and evolve at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park at Walt Disney World. The daytime show, Disney KiteTails, will soon shift to shorter and more frequent performances. This summer, the Festival of the Lion King will see the beloved return of the Tumble Monkeys and the aerial birds. Soon, our frog-favorite musical "Finding Nemo: The Big Blue... and Beyond" will open as a reimagined show. And Mickey and Minnie will once again be meeting guests at Adventurers Outpost. It's sure to be a wild time!
- Hoppy day — Disney Parks has released the foodie guide to Easter and there are so many adorable options (they're almost too cute to eat!). For eggs-tra fun, guests at Disneyland Resort can participate in the Eggstravaganza scavenger hunt through April 17. Keep an eye out for hidden "eggs" at Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure and Downtown Disney. At Walt Disney World, be sure to check out the large Easter egg displays at Disney's Beach Club (through April 17), Disney's Grand Floridian Resort (through April 18) and Disney's Contemporary Resort (through April 20).
- Disneyland Resort has several activities throughout April celebrating Earth Month. Now through April 26 at the Food & Wine Festival in Disney California Adventure, vote on your favorite art pieces, all made from recycled and reused materials. Every Thursday in April, hotel guests can enjoy family-friendly Earth Month activities, such as a "Beneficial Garden Insects Show & Tell" hosted by the Disneyland horticulture team at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- Disney Cruise Line will dock out of Port Everglades beginning in fall 2023. Disney will sail one ship year-round from the new Southern Florida port, with a second seasonal ship added by 2025. The Port Canaveral will still continue to be a strong home base for Disney Cruise Line.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.