Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Trick or treat! (Or in this case, just treat!) Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates for 2020 were announced. (It's never too early to start planning, right?) Tickets are on sale now, so be sure to get a jump on them if you're going to attend (they can sell out scary-fast!) If you want more information about all of the spooky-fun in store at this special event, hop into our full guide to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- The tallest, fastest, longest and only floorless dive coaster in California will open at SeaWorld San Diego this spring! The thrilling Emperor coaster, named after the largest penguin species, measures in at a whopping 153 feet tall and will top speeds of 60 miles per hour. And after riding Emperor, you can check out actual emperor penguins taking their own dives in the park's "Penguin Encounter" attraction! Cool!
- Spring is almost in full bloom, and with it comes Epcot's International Flower and Garden Festival! Disney released the menus for 2020's festival, and oh. em. gee. We cannot wait until the festival officially kicks off March 4! Orange Bird sippers are back for 2020, but new this year, guests can also collect Spike the Bee sippers! (I don't know about you, but our Orange Bird could definitely use a friend!) Lily is toadally looking forward to Arendelle Aqua Lemonade. What's on your must-have list?
- The "Magic Happens" parade is making its official debut today at Disneyland Park! Will you be attending? We are so excited to say that we'll be there to witness all of the brand-new magic as it hoppens, so don't froget to follow along on Instagram @ThemeParkFrog!
- Spaceship Earth is getting "reimagined!" Disney released the concept art above, showcasing an Egypt unlike we've seen before on the attraction, "transformed by the power of light." The reimagining will also blend in some brand-new scenes. The attractions fourth update will begin May 26, 2020; we'll keep you posted on Spaceship Earth's upcoming refurbishment (and any others at Walt Disney World!) in this post.
- Mickey Shorts Theater at Disney's Hollywood Studios is so close to opening its doors ... and Disney announced the very first animated short that will be gracing the screen! Guests can hop into the theater and take a seat in chairs that look like (get ready) Mickey's shorts to catch “Vacation Fun," highlighting Mickey and Minnie's favorite vacation memories, on March 4.
- Did you know that February is Chocolate Lover's Month?! (If not, you're toadally welcome for this excuse to indulge a little!) Universal Orlando has ordered up some delectable celebration suggestions from Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at CityWalk! But don't worry: These sweet offerings stick around year-round so that you can treat yo' self anytime.
- Can you believe the Temple of the Forbidden Eye has been open for 25 years?! That's right, Indiana Jones Adventure is turning 25, and Disneyland Park has some toadally fun treats and merch available to celebrate, including the specialty Dole Whip loaded with chocolate (do you spy the boulder?), chilled shaker-style salad with crunchy noodles and specialty rib bowl pictured above. Annual passholders can join in the fun by jumping on the attraction for an hour after park closing March 4 and 5. Woohoo! HBD Indy!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.