Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- We shared a few weeks back that Disney's Polynesian Resort is undergoing a number of changes, including reverting to its original name, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Now there's more to share. Disney's Polynesian Resort will open a new children's activity center called Club Disney. Children will be able to make crafts, play dress up and participate in storytelling experiences while moms and dads enjoy a night out. Imagineers have taken inspiration from Disney Little Golden Books "Alice in Wonderland," "Pinocchio" and "Lady and The Tramp" with the area designed as a fairy tale brought to life. Guests can make reservations now, and Club Disney will open next month.
- Guests planning a stay at Disney's Polynesian Resort should also note that the Nanea Volcano pool, one of the best-themed in all of Disney World, is undergoing some enhancements, including adding a new aquatic playground with slides, a hot tub and a larger deck with more seating for guests. The pool will be closed July 26 through July 2015. Guests who stay at the resort during this time will receive one complimentary water park ticket. More details can be found on our Closings & Refurbishments page.
- I am so glad I stumbled upon the yummiest Disney nail art tutorial for Mickey Bar nails. Looks easy enough for even my frog fingers. Sweet!
- Universal Orlando finally gave us a look inside Gringotts Bank, and the soon-to-open Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley attraction looks to rival Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in both thrills and theming!
- SeaWorld Orlando has taken in its 500th rescued manatee since the launch of its animal rescue program 40 years ago.
- LEGOLAND Florida's newest area, Duplo Valley, is set to open May 23. The area geared toward toddlers offers farm-themed attractions, an indoor play area and an outdoor water play area.
- You might have seen the delish Darth cupcake in Liliane Opsomer's preview of this year's Star Wars Weekends, which kick off TODAY, by the way, but did you see this most awesome video of what happens in the bakery display case when Darth is consumed by the dark side? You must watch!
- Disney's newest property, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, is set to open this August within the gated Golden Oak community. The Orlando Sentinel takes a look at what makes it so Disney. It looks amazing, with plush rooms and a family playground, complete with water slides, zero-entry pool, a splash pad, a rock climbing wall and more.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.