Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood has an opening date! Starting Feb. 17, 2023, step into your favorite Nintendo games — you even enter the land through a green pipe! Opening with the land is the brand-new attraction Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, as well as the Toadstool Cafe. Hop over to our full guide for even more details. Wahoo!
- Guess who's getting his own merchandise line at EPCOT International Festival of the Arts?! Figment! From Munchlings to tumblers, everyone's favorite purple dragon is showing up in style. Figment is also getting his own Festival Food Studio. Figment's Inspiration Station at the Odyssey: Art, Food and Little Sparks of Magic, will offer up fun bites and beverages, including rainbow cake and fruit pizza. Imaaaaaagination ...
- Toys in Andy's Backyard will soon have a new dining option to enjoy! Roundup Rodeo BBQ will open in spring 2023 in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The premise of the restaurant is that Andy has used his imagination to build the table-service restaurant for his friends, including a steam train supported by colored pencils and comic strips created just for the restaurant. While there, guests can round up (see what we did there) BBQ-inspired comfort food served family style.
- The Disney100 Platinum Celebration Collection is here, and if you haven't seen the all-new merchandise commemorating Disney's 100th anniversary, let us be the first to tell you that it is GORGEOUS! From beautiful lavender ear hats and headbands with — what else — silver sparkling touches to spirit jerseys and jackets, we toadally want them all. (The holidays are almost here, Leap; hint, hint.)
- Disneyland After Dark returns in 2023 with Sweethearts' Nite and an all-new Princess Nite. The limited-time, low-capacity events feature special entertainment, character greetings, dance parties, photo-ops and more. Tickets went on sale for the general public earlier this week.
- Walt Disney World Resort gate prices, as well as on-site hotel rates, have increased as of Dec. 8, 2022. Undercover Tourist will hold old ticket prices and hotel rates for a limited time — lock in old prices before they're gone! You can save up to $173 per ticket, for a limited time.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.