Mommy Frog's Note: We were so excited that so many of you submitted your theme park Top 5 list for the September Undercover Tourist of the Month Contest! Today we're very excited to announce that Chip Rohrbach of Pennsylvania is our lucky winner, for his wonderful piece on the most beautiful spots at Disney World to enjoy for free.
For those of you who still want a chance to win a $250 credit, this month we're asking for your review of a Disney World ride or attraction that you think is perfect for kids. On top of the credit, we'll be giving away a signed copy of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids. Here are the details on how to enter. In the meantime, enjoy this fantastic post on the Top 5 Beautiful Spots at the Walt Disney World Resorts!
1. Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Take a stroll down memory lane as you revisit the decade you were born, or the year you were married as you traverse your way through Disney’s Pop Century Resort. You will be completely immersed in the culture of the decades that each block of hotel rooms represent; Disney didn’t miss a beat from the fades, the sayings and the sounds that were synonymous with the times. Imagineers even threw in your favorite Disney character of the decade for you to grab a photo with. Remember the 8 tracks of the 70’s or the saying “Can you dig it?” from the 60’s? It will all come flashing back as you enjoy your time around Disney’s Pop Century Resort!
2. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campgrounds – Explore the great outdoors from the moment you step outside Disney’s Fort Wilderness Lodge Resort. From the man-made streams that feed the swimming pool and the geyser that faithfully shoots water 100 feet in the air to the beautiful foliage and natural landscape you can’t help but feel you are just a horse drawn carriage away from visiting the great North American frontier! Lose yourself as you stroll through the lush green landscape on 2.5 mile nature trail that connects Fort Wilderness Lodge to the Fort Wilderness Campground Resort. Breathe in the fresh pine smell as you spot Chip & Dale’s real life counterparts and other wildlife crossing your path as you take a break from the theme park action.
3. Disney’s Boardwalk Promenade - Take a nightly stroll down the Atlantic City Boardwalk of the early 20th century. Enjoy the sights and sounds of days gone by as you dine, shop, dance and enjoy this escape from everyday life. Enjoy the carnival games and free street performances as you kick back and feel the ocean breeze … if only in your mind.
4. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Lobby - The lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort is beautiful at any time of day; but it’s worth a stop back after dark. The lobby becomes a concert venue for the Grand Floridian Lobby Society Orchestra. Listen to the sounds of Dixie, jazz as well as some traditional Disney tunes as you sit and enjoy the surrounding oasis of luxury or shop in the stores that surround the three storied Victorian themed lobby.
5. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Resort’s Animal Preserve – Looking to escape to the wild; travel to the savanna by way of the Kidani Village at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort. Pass through the beautifully appointed, African inspired lobby and down the grand curved staircase to the lower level on the hotel where you can walk outside and right into the middle of the African plains! Sit on rocking chairs around a roaring fire pit while giraffes, zebras, gazelles and emus graze on the land just feet away. Want to know more about the animals or the African culture; just ask the knowledgeable Disney cast members on hand.
For more free Disney activities and tips, check out our Plan Your Days in Orlando page inside the Orlando Planning Timeline!
Related: Frog Family's Favorite Free Disney Activities
Related: More of Our Favorite FREE Things to Do at Walt Disney World