Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Universal Orlando's Halloween experiences, including two all-new haunted houses, will be available on select dates through November! While previously billed as a limited-time experience, the frightful festivities have been extended. Tadpoles can trick or treat at Universal's Islands of Adventure, or adult froggies can scare up some thrills at the Revenge of the Tooth Fairy or The Bride of Frankenstein Lives haunted houses at Universal Studios Florida. Woohoo! For all of the dastardly details, hop over to our full post.
- If you'll be in Universal Orlando CityWalk soon, you may spot a new addition as you pass Toothsome Chocolate Emporium — Latte, the robot dog! Penelope and Jacques have crafted a new pup, and guests can see his tricks in action daily throughout the month from 4 p.m to 6 p.m. The most impressive one? "Shake!" That's right, you can catch both Latte and his namesake milkshake, Latte's Latte, at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. Milkshakes and doggies? Sign us up!
- Attention beer lovers (yes, that means you, Leap): SeaWorld Orlando's Craft Beer Festival has been extended through Nov. 1! Featuring more than 100 craft brews, as well as other cocktail and wine offerings, the festival also offers more than 20 food items expertly paired with select brews. Best of all — it's included with your admission to SeaWorld! Cheers!
- Tokyo Disneyland announced that several brand-new attractions, restaurants, and shops will open Sept. 28! The largest expansion in the park's history will span across Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and Toontown (three of the seven lands in the park), including attractions such as the Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast and The Happy Ride with Baymax. (So jelly — we toadally want to ride with Baymax!)
- In other exciting Disney Parks news, Hong Kong Disneyland has reopened! The reopening will prioritize health and safety measures, including limited capacity, health screenings, temperature checks, required face masks, social distancing and increased cleaning and disinfecting throughout the park.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom had a big announcement on World Rhino Day — there are three pregnant white rhinoceroses in the park! Kendi, who was the first rhino born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 1999, is the first due, with a calf expected in October. Jao is expected to give birth next fall, and Lola is due around that same time, in fall/winter 2021.
- Mobile Order service at Walt Disney World Resort is getting some exciting upgrades! Not only are more quick-service locations now offering Mobile Order, such as P & J's Southern Takeout at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, but also, select table-service restaurants will offer Mobile Order service! For now, that includes to-go orders from Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village. This option is currently only for Disney Resort hotel guests, and will soon grow to include other select Disney Resort hotel table-service restaurants.
- And speaking of Mobile Order, Disneyland Resort has confirmed that the list of restaurants offering Mobile Order will expand when the park reopens to facilitate social distancing. No reopening date has been provided just yet, but we are waiting at the edge of our seats! Want a full list of the restaurants that offered Mobile Ordering service at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park pre-closure? Hop here to start planning your reopening snack lineup!
- Disney Parks Blog released a sneak peek of what's to come for Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, which is undergoing a refurbishment through summer 2021, just in time for the resort's 50th anniversary. Changes will include a new porte cochere, which will feature a high-pitched, open-truss roof covered in a thatch style and wooden screens with bright, tropical colors and geometric patterns along the monorail station. All of the changes sound so beautiful — we can't wait to see!
- Think you've got some winning dance moves? Don't froget to enter Disney's Halloween Dance Party Contest! From now until Oct. 18, grab your favorite Disney, Pixar, "Star Wars" or Marvel costume and get your groove on for a chance to win one of four $1,000 gift cards good at Disney store or shopDisney.com. You can see all of the details on how to enter Disney's contest here.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.