Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- With more limited capacity in the parks, we've been thrilled to find that formerly hard-to-get Disney World dining reservations have more availability now! In fact, some restaurants have even had walk-up availability — and the My Disney Experience app is rolling out or testing a feature that can show you which restaurants are accepting walk-ups "now!" Once on property, guests can select "Check Dining Availability" (formerly "Make a Dining Reservation") in the app, and opt for "now" as the timeframe. The app will then show you restaurants with walk-up availability, starting with those closest to your current location. Cool!
- Central Park Crepes is now open at Universal Studios Florida! The brand-new counter-service restaurant offers a mix of sweet and savory crepes, including a vegetarian option, all under $10. (At the top of the Frog Fam's must-try list is the Cookies & Cream crepe, which is filled with Oreos, Oreo mascarpone, whipped cream, chocolate ganache, and powdered sugar. Drool.)
- ICYMI, Universal Orlando Resort moved to a new date-based ticket this week. But don't fret — your favorite frogs have you covered! Undercover Tourist is offering these new date-based tickets ... at a discount, of course! You can read all about this transition here.
- While Halloween Horror Nights has been cancelled for this year, Universal Orlando continues to build on its Tribute Store. The pop-up shop has expanded the store to include Beetlejuice and debuted werewolf cake pops.
- You've probably heard that EPCOT is undergoing some exciting changes! Among these is an entrance transformation, including a new fountain. This week, Imagineer Zach Riddley shared a behind-the scenes look at the installation of EPCOT's new fountain pylons (which stand over 16 feet tall and weigh more than 4,000 pounds!). Have you caught a glimpse of the pylons in person? What did you think? We can't wait to see the finished fountain!
- In an effort to maintain social distancing efforts, upon reopening, Disney World has temporarily pressed pause on its nighttime spectaculars. But there's hoppy news! Disney World Resort hotels are now streaming virtual fireworks on demand so that guests can catch "Happily Ever After" from the comfort of their rooms at the end of their Disney day. The story comes alive ...
- In the cutest thing we've seen this week, SeaWorld San Diego hosted a puppy sleepover ... and since the pups headed to Shark Encounter, they donned their very own shark fins! All of the puppies on the field trip were up for adoption through Misson Bay Puppy Rescue and Pups N Boots. Both organizations are dedicated to helping pets find their forever homes.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.