Strike a pose and say, “CHEESE!” Ride photos are one of the most popular and special souvenirs you can get at Disney World. These photos are taken during various rides and attractions and capture the thrilling moments of your experience. They are available for purchase at several locations throughout the park, and they make a great memento of your visit to the most magical place on earth — Walt Disney World! In this post, we’ll be sharing everything you need to know about Disney World ride photos, locations, pricing and a few more tips and tricks!
Attractions with Ride Photos and Exact Camera Positions
Here's where you can find all the Walt Disney World ride photos and the exact camera positions:
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin — In the final Emperor Zurg scene on the right
- Haunted Mansion — The Medusa painting at the end of the first hallway (it looks like there's lightning)
- Pirates of the Caribbean — The skull and crossbones to your left just after passing the skeleton pirate steering the ship
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train — On the first big hill (there's also a video included here!)
- Space Mountain — Right after the flashing blue tunnel before the first turn
- TRON Lightcycle / Run (opening April 4, 2023) — During the initial launch
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind — When turning around from the backward launch
- Frozen Ever After — Taken during the drop after seeing Marshmallow
- Test Track — During the outdoor acceleration
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith — During the initial launch
- Slinky Dog Dash — To your right after going over the four small hills
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror — Taken during one of the drops
- DINOSAUR — When you come face to face with the Carnotaurus
- Expedition Everest — Legend of the Forbidden Mountain — On the steep drop down the mountain
How to View and Purchase Your Walt Disney World Ride Photos
After several of the ride exits, you’ll find a wall of monitors that show the ride photo images. You can tap your MagicBand or park ticket on the designated spot to have the photo sent to your My Disney Experience account. For other attractions such as TRON Lightcycle Run or Slinky Dog Dash, the RFID technology will recognize your MagicBand and send the photos to your My Disney Experience account (though you'll want to make sure to enable Bluetooth via the app's settings).
To view your ride photos, open the My Disney Experience app, tap the three lines on the bottom right of your screen and then click on Photos. There you can see all of your Disney PhotoPass pictures including photos of your Family & Friends connected to your profile, as long as they're sharing their photos with their Family & Friends (it should already be the default, but it's good to have them double-check just in case).
MagicMaker is a personalized photography service offered at Walt Disney World, designed to help capture your magical moments with a touch of Disney magic. This service is an extension of the Disney PhotoPass service, which is a complimentary photo service offered at Walt Disney World where you can get your photos taken by professional photographers located throughout the park.
The service also includes unlimited digital downloads of all your photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers (or ride photos) during your visit. MagicMaker is available for purchase as a one-day package or as a length-of-stay package, making it easy to customize your experience and get the most out of your visit.
Purchasing MagicMaker for your Disney trip is an easy process that can be done either in advance or during your visit to Walt Disney World. If you're planning your trip in advance, you can purchase MagicMaker online through the Disney PhotoPass website or mobile app. You can choose from two different MagicMaker packages — a one-day package or a length-of-stay package. The one-day package includes access to all of the photos taken during a single day at Walt Disney World, while the length-of-stay package provides access to all of the photos taken during your entire visit. If you decide to purchase MagicMaker during your visit, you can do so at select merchandise locations throughout the parks, though you can get $30 off the length-of-stay package by purchasing online in advance!
Be sure to read our full PhotoPass guide loaded with all the pros, cons and more helpful tips!
PhotoPass Office Locations:
- Magic Kingdom: Inside the Town Square Theater
- EPCOT: Camera Center
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind
- Animal Kingdom: Garden Gate Gifts
- Disney Springs: PhotoPass Studio
Ride Photos Now Included with Disney Genie+ Service — Beginning March 20, 2023!
We're jumping for joy! Walt Disney World has recently announced that ride photos will now be included in the Disney Genie+ service, which is the digital planning tool designed to enhance the guest experience. Genie+ is a paid service that allows guests to make reservations for select attractions, skip the regular lines and receive recommendations based on their interests.
Now, with the addition of ride photos, guests can receive unlimited digital downloads of their ride photos taken during each day that they purchase Genie+. This means that you can enjoy your favorite rides and attractions while capturing memorable moments without having to worry about purchasing photos individually. The inclusion of ride photos in Genie+ provides you with a more seamless and convenient experience, making it easier to create lasting memories during your Disney trip!
Hopful Walt Disney World Ride Photo Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind!
- Once you’ve purchased and received your Disney World ride photos, they are yours to do whatever you’d like with them! Download them, PhotoShop or edit them to your liking, send them to your grandma, frame them or stick them on the fridge. The photos are now yours to keep and cherish!
- If you didn’t receive a photo of you or your crew on a specific ride, visit a PhotoPass office with the date and time (the more specific you can be, the better) and Disney will attempt to find your photos and add them to your account.
- Have fun with it! Hands up, big smiles or even being a little extra somethin' such as the YMCA pose, pretending to be asleep, acting scared, thinking or using your hands to act out wearing binoculars or showing hearts.
- Not sure you want to commit to the full MagicMaker expense, but still want to purchase a ride photo or two? You can toadally do that! Individual ride photos are priced around $18. You'll need to purchase through My Disney Experience via a web browser, as you can't purchase individual photos directly in the app.
So there you have it — everything you need to know about Walt Disney World ride photos! Do you have a favorite Disney World ride photo? What’s your favorite in-ride pose? Let us know in the comments. We can’t wait to hear all about it!