Hoppy holidays! Disney Springs has once again transformed into a winter wonderland, showcasing twinkling lights, special decorations and holiday surprises (and shopping, of course). The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll has returned with 20 trees, including some special additions inspired by "The World’s Most Magical Celebration!" You can even get some individual time with Santa Claus himself!
From themed treats and decor to a Christmas Tree Stroll scavenger hunt, we've made our list of special festivities at Disney Springs (and checked it twice) so that you can get in on the holiday fun too.
Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail
As the main holiday attraction at Disney Springs, the Christmas Tree Trail just keeps getting better each year! In 2020, the Christmas Tree Trail was modified to a Stroll — which means the featured trees are spread all around the four neighborhoods of Disney Springs! Returning in 2021 throughout Disney Springs, each tree has a different Disney theme. Many of them are based on movies (new ones include "Nightmare Before Christmas," "Black Panther" and "Raya and the Last Dragon") while others are based on Disney World attractions, such as the Haunted Mansion. I’d suggest spending an extra minute at each one to comb through all of the details. Just be prepared to move out of the way if other frog families are waiting to take a picture.
Christmas Tree Stroll Scavenger Hunt
As you walk around admiring the trees, you can participate in a scavenger hunt for a festive surprise! Before you start your tree tour, pick up a free Christmas Tree Stroll map at Planet Hollywood, Under Armor, City Works Eatery & Pour House, Under Armor, Amorette's Patisserie, The BOATHOUSE and Basin. (Psst — these spots are also the redemption locations where you can go after you complete the hunt.) The map comes with stickers that represent each tree's theme. When you come across a tree, place the corresponding sticker onto the correct blank space on your map. There are 20 trees in total so there's plenty to look for as you go throughout Disney Springs!
Once you’ve completed this merry mission, show your completed map to a cast member at one of the redemption locations for a festive surprise. Lily and Tad filled out their own separate maps so they could each get a prize. It’s the perfect activity to keep the tadpoles busy while one parent sneaks away to get some secret Christmas shopping done!
Also, keep that map handy! On the back of it, you'll find discounts for various restaurants and retail locations at Disney Springs. By the time we were done, we were hungry frogs and got 10 percent off of our dinner at Blaze Pizza!
Meeting Santa at Disney Springs
In 2019, guests were able to meet Santa at his chalet at the end of the Christmas Tree Trail. In 2020, to maintain a safe distance, Santa and Mrs. Claus were randomly floating by in colorfully decorated pontoon boats.
We're hoppy to say that Santa has returned for 2021! You can have individual time with Santa Claus this year, albeit at a distance. You can visit Santa at the Once Upon a Toy store, past World of Disney and near Earl of Sandwich. You can enjoy a distanced greeting with a festive backdrop, with PhotoPass photographers available. Note that due to the meet-and-greet being indoors, masks are required.
Santa is available from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. through Dec. 14 and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. from Dec. 15 to Dec. 24. To get in line, be sure to join the virtual queue. We can't wait to say hi to old Saint Nick!
Disney Springs Christmas Entertainment
A live DJ spins tunes during the day and at night in front of World of Disney at the Waterside Stage. It's a great way for the tadpoles to let loose and burn off energy before bedtime … that is if all the shopping hasn’t already tired them out! Keep an eye out for roaming entertainers such as toy soldier stilt walkers and snowflake skaters throughout Disney Springs.
Back for 2021, guests can experience "snow" flurries at Town Center and the West Side!
Special Holiday Dining and Shopping at Disney Springs
Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar has received a festive makeover again this year! Along with over-the-top decorations, the bar will have a limited-time menu with holiday eats and drinks. Check out the 2021 holiday goodies (available through Dec. 30):
- Venison Slider – Sliders with venison sausage patties, arugula, tomato and cranberry aïoli on house-made buns
- Fried Brussel Sprouts – Fried Brussel sprouts with bacon vinaigrette
- Holiday Lights Deviled Eggs – Colored deviled eggs with tobiko and shrimp
- Ham and Brie Flatbread – Shaved ham and brie cheese, pomegranate seeds, granny smith apples, apple vinaigrette and watercress
- Cookies and Milk – Assorted Christmas cookies and coquito
- Lump of Coal Dessert – Cookies and cream ganache “coal”
- Elf Elixir – Tequila, crème de menthe and half & half with cookie crumb and holly leaf sugar garnishes
- Claus Mo – Traditional cosmopolitan with a shimmery twist garnished with red and white sugar and a candy cane
- Yule Mule – Gin, ginger beer, cranberry juice and rosemary simple syrup with a holly leaf sugar garnish
Other Specialty Holiday Sweets and Treats at Disney Springs
You won't have to look hard to find seasonal sweets and treats at Disney Springs! Here's what is on the menu for 2021:
- Amorette’s Patisserie
- White Chocolate Peppermint Éclair with White Chocolate and Peppermint Mousse (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Santa Mickey Dome Cake (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Holiday Mickey Mousse Mini Dome Cake (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Holiday Parfait – Bourbon white chocolate mousse, cranberry cherry panna cotta, maple chocolate ganache and chocolate chiffon cake (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- NYE Petite Cake (available Dec. 31)
- Cherry Jubilee Bubble Waffle – Bubble waffle filled with scoops of vanilla ice cream, cherries jubilee fillings and whipped cream (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Santa Hot Crêpe – Sweet crêpe filled with eggnog custard topped with chocolate sauce and whipped cream (available Nov. 26 to Dec. 30)
- D-Luxe Burger
- Holiday Turkey Burger – Turkey patty, butternut squash risotto cake, bacon-cranberry jam, lettuce and tomato (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 1)
- “Oh Deer” Cookie Shake – Hazelnut liqueur, vanilla gelato, cinnamon beverage syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon and sugar dusting with ginger deer garnish (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- The Daily Poutine
- Gobbler Poutine – French fries with shredded turkey, gravy and cheese curds (available through Dec. 30)
- Dockside Margaritas
- Snowman on the Beach Margarita – Silver tequila, key lime juice, crème de coconut, sweet and sour, graham cracker rim, chocolate pearls and carrot sugar piece (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Earl of Sandwich
- Holiday Turkey Sandwich – Turkey, cornbread stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and mayonnaise
- The Ganachery
- Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise (available Nov. 12 to Dec. 30)
- Santa Mickey Piñata (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Gingerbread Ganache Square (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Peppermint Bark (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Chocolate Christmas Cottage (available Dec. 22 to Dec. 30)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
- Classic Hot Cocoa
- Sea Salt Caramel Hot Cocoa
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- Peppermint Bark Ice Cream – Rich white chocolate ice cream blended with crunchy chocolaty peppermint bark and peppermint pieces. (available in a cone, cup or any handmade dessert through Jan. 1)
- Marketplace Snacks
- Peppermint Bark Nachos (Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- The Polite Pig
- Pumpkin Mudslide Cocktail (Nov. 5 to Dec. 31)
- The Polite Pig Pie (Nov. 5 to Dec. 31)
- Christmas Cookie Cupcake – Vanilla cake studded with red and green sprinkles topped with vanilla buttercream frosting with red and green sprinkles and a homemade sugar cookie coated in sprinkles (available Nov. 26 to Jan. 2)
- Gingerbread Cupcake – Spiced ginger cake topped with cream cheese frosting and dusted with cinnamon sugar (available Nov. 29 to Dec. 26)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake – Belgian dark chocolate cake topped with bittersweet chocolate-peppermint frosting and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies (available Nov. 29 to Dec. 26)
- Vivoli il Gelato
- Red Velvet Cannoli (Nov. 8 to Dec. 31)
- Red Velvet Peppermint Cheesecake Cookie Sandwich (Nov. 8 to Dec. 31)
- Outdoor Carts and Kiosks
- Mistletoe – Coconut rum, melon liqueur, blue curaçao, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Fireside Cider – Cinnamon whiskey, vanilla vodka, white cranberry juice, grenadine and Ginger Ale (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- Merry Margarita – Tequila, ginger liqueur, cinnamon beverage syrup, white cranberry juice, sweet and sour and grenadine (available Nov. 5 to Dec. 30)
- ... and more!
Disney's Days of Christmas
Disney's Days of Christmas is your one-stop shop for Christmas ornaments, stockings and everything in between. In 2019, each tree along the Christmas Tree Trail featured an ornament that could be found at Days of Christmas. The store did not have any in 2020, but we have not seen one for 2021 yet!
What's your favorite themed tree along the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail? Got any Disney Springs shopping or dining tips for the holidays? Be sure to share in the comments below!