Haunted Mansion® Attraction
Liberty Square Area
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
About Haunted Mansion® Attraction
Haunted Mansion® Attraction Details
TypePoi | Ride
Begin your spooky adventure in the foyer of this Disney classic, the Haunted Mansion® Attraction, where you'll see ghosts fly above you and old portaits seem to stretch by themselves. Board your "doom buggy" and venture through the rest of the mansion to meet more friendly haunts!
As you try to find your way out of this frightening escapade, you'll journey into various haunted chambers of the mansion like Madame Leota's candle-lit séance room, the Grand Ballroom and the musical Graveyard. Don't close your eyes, though-- you might open them to find 3 hitchhiking ghosts sitting beside you. 999 haunts are a part of this paranormal gathering, and they're eager to add just one more! The "build-up" to the ride as you enter the mansion is almost as cool as the ride itself and seeing the hitch-hikers in your "doom buggy" at the end of the ride brings smiles every time.
The Haunted Mansion® Attraction is a slow-moving tram ride located in the northwest corner of Liberty Square Area at Magic Kingdom® Park. The duration of the attraction is about 10 minutes counting the preshow. It is enjoyed by guests of all ages but may frighten very young children. The “Doom Buggies” are egg-shaped vehicles with a lap-bar restraint. Each vehicle can comfortably sit up to 3, but most families split into smaller groups in separate vehicles.
Guests must transfer from their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to board the ride vehicle. Flash photography is not allowed inside the Haunted Mansion® Attraction. Handheld Captioning devices, which display text segments, are available at Guest Relations. Audio Description devices provide supplemental audio for guests with visual disabilities and are also available at Guest Relations.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Haunted Mansion® Attraction
Frog Family Tips
- Try to go while The Hall of Presidents is in progress or Liberty Square Riverboat is either loading or not at the dock. This is a fast-loading attraction, so the lines remain manageable even on busy days.
- Don't be intimidated by the word "haunted" in the name; this spooky ride is loved by all members of the Frog Family and enjoyed by all ages. Like other Magic Kingdom® Park classics, the Haunted Mansion® Attraction is not to be missed!
- The Haunted Mansion® Attraction is one of the original Magic Kingdom® Park attractions, having opened on October 1, 1971. There are now versions of the Haunted Mansion in every Disney park! Hong Kong Disneyland, however, has a completely different take on the ride; the mansion features no haunts, spirits or scares and takes a more lighthearted approach.
- Madame Leota's voice is Eleanor Audley, who also voiced Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty!
- The translucent ballroom ghosts are created by an illusion called Pepper's Ghost.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Haunted Mansion® Attraction
Related Orlando Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Our ~Grinchy~ Guide to Christmas at Universal Studios Hollywood
- What’s Coming to Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood in 2022 and Beyond — '100 Years of Magic' Kicks Off January 2023!
- Your Step-by-Step Guide to Disney World Mobile Ordering
- Our Spooky-Good Guide to Disneyland Halloween Time 2022
- A Super Guide to Avengers Campus Characters