Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Beginning Aug. 8, 2022, early entry benefits will return to the Disneyland Resort! Guests of Disneyland Resort Hotels will have access to enter both parks — Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park — 30 minutes before the park is scheduled to open. Woohoo! Other on-site perks, such as package delivery service, preferred dine access and activities classes, will also return this summer. For more info, hop over to our post that's all about the benefits for hotel guests.
- Cannonball! Debuting this summer for half an hour each day, the hotels of the Disneyland Resort will be offering pool parties, featuring favorite characters, games, music and more. Pool parties will take place July 1 through Aug. 31, 2022.
- Bibbidi, bobbidi, boo! Magical news for princes and princesses alike — the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will reopen Aug. 25 at Disneyland and Walt Disney World! Check out our royal guides to the boutique at both Disneyland and Disney World for even more details.
- Global Marketplace menus for this year's EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival have arrived — we hope you're hungry! We frogs are personally looking forward to the Fry Basket. The festival kicks off July 14. Bon appetit!
- Ready for a swashbuckling adventure? LEGOLAND Florida's newest pirate-themed water ride, Pirate River Quest, will open Nov. 2, 2022. Riders will join the LEGO pirate crew on a quest to find Captain Redbeard's lost treasure. Along the way, the pirate crew will meet Calico Jade and encounter flamingos, monkeys and even a kraken.
- Hello, Hank! Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage will reopen July 25 at Disneyland Park. imagineers have been hard at work adding more coral, fresh paint, special effects and lighting to the attraction. Plus, you'll notice an all-new friend giving you a seven-tentacled wave.
- Another house has been announced for SeaWorld Orlando's Howl-O-Scream this year! Captain's Revenge — Drowned in Darkness is a reimagined version of last year's Captain's Revenge house, where guests board an ill-fated pirate ship and risk becoming a permanent part of the crew. Gulp.
- Universal's Loews Royal Pacific's Wantilan Luau show has returned to the resort! The family-friendly show also includes a Polynesian-inspired buffet. Yum!
@undercovertourist 🚨Get early access to Disneyland Resorts! 👆Hear this and more weekly theme park news from our frog friend @thedavidvaughn! 🙌 Hop to our blog (link in bio) for more details! #undercovertourist #disneynews #themeparknews #themeparks #themeparkfan ♬ I Just Wanna Know - Luke Reeves
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.