Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Today, the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary Celebration comes to a close after 18 months filled with EARidescent flair. But don't be sad, frog friends! This particular party may be over, but Disney is wasting no time at all with new hoppenings to celebrate. The fan-favorite nighttime spectacular, Happily Ever After, returns April 3 to light up the night sky over Magic Kingdom Park. Also starting April 3, EPCOT Forever comes back as the interim show until a brand-new nighttime spectacular debuts later this year for D100 at Disney World. And of course, the long-awaited TRON Lightcycle / Run officially opens April 4!
- Can't get enough boysenberry treats? Knott's Berry Farm is extending its beloved Boysenberry Festival for three more weekends! The festival's daily schedule will conclude April 16, which was the original final day, but it will continue over the following three weekends, including Fridays, from April 21 to May 7.
- runDisney revealed the race themes for the 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, ranging from Pluto representing the 5K race to Mickey and Minnie repping the marathon race. If you're up for the challenge, mark your calendar — general registration begins April 11, 2023, at 10 a.m. ET.
- Captains Mickey and Minnie Mouse are dressing up in shimmering turquoise outfits for the "Silver Anniversary at Sea," celebrating 25 years of Disney Cruise Line. The anniversary celebration will take place on all five Disney ships from May through September 2023. In other big Disney Cruise Line news, one of the upcoming ships will have a home port out of Singapore for at least five years, beginning in 2025.
- This year, Earth Day coincides with Disney's Animal Kingdom's 25th anniversary, so what better way to celebrate than with special Earth Month treats? You'll be able to find desserts, drinks and dishes throughout Animal Kingdom and select resort hotels, such as Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Flamingo Cupcake is calling my name!
- Gatorland has introduced a new interactive experience called Croc Rock Adventure, in which you'll ascend a 32-foot Croc Rock wall, cross a 150-foot swinging cable bridge and take a 350-foot zipline ride. The 45-minute tour takes place at select times daily. You will need to visit the Zipline Depot inside the park for information on tickets and reservations.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.