Disney Cruise Line has revealed brand-new details about Disney Treasure, DCL's upcoming ship that's set to sail on its maiden voyage Dec. 21, 2024. The ship's overall theme is centered around adventure, exploration and discovery, with real-world influences from Asia and Africa, as well as stories such as "Aladdin," "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," "The Lion King" and more.
Here's everything we learned from the grand virtual reveal about the Disney Treasure!
- The AquaMouse water attraction will introduce a new story, "Curse of the Golden Egg," which follows Mickey and Minnie Mouse on an adventure to explore the mysterious temple of the Golden Egg.
- Inspired by the ice cream parlor in "Zootopia," Jumbeaux's Sweets will serve more than 35 flavors of handmade gelato, ice cream and sorbets.
- A two-story entertainment space called "Sarabi," themed after "The Lion King," will host daytime activities and adult-exclusive entertainment, including "Match Your Mate," "Family Time Game Show" and more.
- Two walk-up cafes will feature Disney Princesses, Mulan and Moana, and their adventures — Heihei Cafe and Jade Cricket Cafe.
- The Walt Disney Theatre will host live shows, including "Beauty and the Beast," "Disney Seas the Adventure" and a third brand-new Broadway-style show that will be revealed later.
- A new lounge, Skipper Society, will be themed after the iconic Jungle Cruise attraction.
- Periscope Pub will be the first DCL venue inspired by the "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" film and former Disney attraction, serving themed cocktails, craft brews and light snacks.
- The immersive Worlds of Marvel dining experience, first introduced on Disney Wish, will also join Disney Treasure. It will offer a worldly menu and two separate nights with distinct shows and dining inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Experience. You might just encounter Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Wasp and Nick Fury.
- The Disney Treasure staterooms will balance modern design with a nostalgic charm featuring touches from Disney stories such as "Aladdin," "Pocahontas," "Up" and "Encanto."
- The concierge suites feature "The Lion King" (complete with a lounge, private sundeck and complimentary food and drinks), and the four Royal Suites pay tribute to feline companions of Disney characters, including the Bagheera Royal Suites and Rajah Royal Suites.
- The Tomorrow Tower Suite is inspired by EPCOT and the exploration of the future.
- Disney's Oceaneer Club will feature immersive spaces for children, including Marvel Super Hero Academy, Fairytale Hall, Walt Disney Imagineering Lab, Star Wars: Cargo Bay and Mickey & Minnie Captain's Deck. Plus, Vibe and Edge return for tweens and teens.
- Plaza de Coco will be the first "Coco"-themed theatrical dining experience aboard the Disney Cruise Line. The story of Miguel and his family will continue, as they gather in Mariachi Plaza for two nights of music-filled journeys celebrating family memories and dinner menus with modern twists on traditional Mexican cuisine.
That's all we know for now, but more details about the new stage show, the second night of entertainment in Worlds of Marvel and additional spaces will be announced in the future. So stay tuned and keep hopping back!
Disney Treasure will embark on its 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral, Florida, Dec. 21, 2024, followed by its inaugural season of seven-night itineraries to the Eastern and Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral. Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club members can book a cruise as early as Sept. 12, 2023, and bookings for the general public will open Sept. 20, 2023.
What are you most excited about regarding the new details we learned from the latest Disney Treasure reveal? Don't froget — you can now get exclusive Disney Cruise Line pricing (provided by Undercover Tourist)!