Disney Cruise Line (DCL) is setting sail once again and we frogs are hopping with excitement to get back out on the water! With four ships and a wide variety of exciting destinations to choose from, any voyage on DCL is sure to be unfroggetable. Each ship is magically unique — from the staterooms and dining options to the recreational facilities and character interactions — but while we've already broken down what sets each ship apart, we thought we'd share what you can expect to find onboard regardless of which ship you choose! No matter how old your tadpoles are or if you're a sea-soned cruiser or not, world-class amenities, can't-miss experiences and thrilling adventures await you on your Disney Cruise.
Entertainment Options on Disney Cruise Line
It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that Disney Cruise Line has top-tier entertainment. So many childhoods across the world are shaped by Disney movies, the characters that inhabit them and the music that accompanies them. DCL brings its passengers into the worlds of their favorite films in exciting and magical ways. With so many entertainment options aboard this fleet, the only stressful thing might be choosing what to experience next!
Disney is no stranger to award-winning musicals. Luckily, you don't have to go to Broadway to get a taste of that theatrical magic. Whether you're in the mood for musical adaptations of your favorite Disney movies or fun, new variety shows that you won't find back on land, Disney Cruise Line has it all!
- Relive the "tale as old as time" at Beauty and the Beast on the Disney Dream.
- Enter the icy kingdom of Arendelle at Frozen, A Musical Spectacular on the Disney Wonder and Disney Fantasy.
- Help the Lost Princess find her way home at Tangled: The Musical on the Disney Magic.
- Attend the hottest award show in town at The Golden Mickeys on the Disney Wonder and Disney Dream.
- Meet a family whose lives are changed by a little "Disney Magic" at Disney's Believe on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Experience "a whole new world" at Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular on the Disney Fantasy.
- Find out what happens if Cinderella never tried on the glass slipper at Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story on the Disney Magic.
Onstage isn't the only place you get to see your beloved Disney characters! Disney Cruise Line has a wide variety of meet-and-greets that allow you to interact with your favorite princes and princesses, heroes and villains, sidekicks and henchmen, and, of course, the iconic Sensational Six.
- Assemble alongside Earth's mightiest heroes at Marvel Day at Sea on select cruises on the Disney Magic.
- Join the Fab Five as you celebrate the start of your vacation at Mickey's Sail-A-Wave Party! A Bon Voyage Celebration on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder.
- Dance along with your favorite toys, rodents, monsters and more at the Pixar Pals Party on select cruises on the Disney Wonder.
- Embrace your inner buccaneer at Pirate Night on select cruises on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Start your voyage the Disney Way at the Sailing Away Deck Party on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Journey to a galaxy far, far away at Star Wars Day at Sea on select cruises on the Disney Fantasy.
- Join Anna, Elsa and more at the Frozen Deck Party on select cruises on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder.
- Put your sleuthing skills to the test and help Mickey and pals find out whodunnit by enrolling in the Midship Detective Agency on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
Holidays at Sea
There's nothing more magical than spending the holidays with your loved ones and, boy, does Disney know how to celebrate! Join in on the festivities on the high seas — which include your favorite characters, dazzling entertainment and delectable meal offerings — aboard any ship on the DCL fleet.
- Ring in the New Year as you enjoy a special dinner menu, a jubilant New Year's Eve deck party, holiday-themed giveaways, meet-and-greets with some favorite Disney Characters and teen- and tween-only holiday parties.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with a mouthwatering, full-course traditional turkey dinner, seasonal décor throughout the ship and live football broadcasts via satellite.
- Share in the magic of the holiday season with merry offerings such as Disney characters in their holiday finest, Santa's Winter Wonderland celebration, Santa Claus sightings, Storytime with Mrs. Claus, themed actives and crafts for kids and exclusive, holiday-themed merchandise.
- Join in on the haunted Halloween fun with spook-tacular offerings like Mickey's Mouse-querade, Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream, Halloween-themed activities and treats and even a special event just for adults.
Dining Options on Disney Cruise Line
One of the best parts of any vacation is the cuisine. It's no different aboard a Disney Cruise. With menus created by world-class chefs and restaurants ranging from fine dining to casual, DCL's vast array of dining options don't disappoint. Get ready to feast on exquisite cuisine in magical environments that will transport you to various locations around the world, back in time or even into your favorite Disney stories.
Disney Cruise Line's Rotational Dining system lets you eat at one of three restaurants for any given meal while your servers follow you from venue to venue. This allows you to try delicious new menus catered to your tastes in uniquely themed settings for breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the duration of your voyage.
- Enter the kingdom of Corona and enjoy a regal birthday feast at Rapunzel's Royal Table on the Disney Magic.
- Head on down to New Orleans and savor flavors straight from the Bayou at Tiana's Place on the Disney Wonder.
- Learn all about the art of Disney animation and even try your hand at bringing a character to life while dining on delicious fusion cuisine at Animator's Palate on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Step inside a storybook and feast like royalty on French-inspired continental fare at Royal Court on the Disney Fantasy.
- Choose from a seasonal menu of market-style flavors from around the world in a lush conservatory inspired by Versailles at Enchanted Garden on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Dive down to the kingdom of Atlantica and indulge in fresh seafood at Triton's on the Disney Wonder.
- Get lost in the world of classic Disney fairytales and dine like kings and queens at Royal Palace on the Disney Dream.
- Join your favorite candelabra in the grand ballroom and be his guest at Lumiere's on the Disney Magic.
Get away from the tadpoles for a night or two and enjoy romantic dinner destinations that cater exclusively to adults.
- Experience the meaning of La Dolce Vita and dine on classic Northern Italian cuisine with a modern twist at Palo on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Join the Little Chef in the City of Lights for a masterfully curated menu of fine French fare at Remy on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
Disney knows stomachs don't always run on a schedule. That's why there's plenty of casual dining options aboard the DCL fleet to choose from!
- Enjoy Middle Eastern-inspired shawarma and classic American fare at the Duck-In Diner on the Disney Magic.
- Indulge in delightfully decadent frozen desserts and other sweet treats at Sweet on You on the Disney Fantasy.
- Get your sugar rush on at Vanellope's Sweets & Treats on the Disney Dream.
- Fuel up on burgers, chicken, pizza, salads and sandwiches at Flo's Cafe on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Grab a slice of sizzling pizza at Pinocchio's Pizzeria on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder.
- Chill out with a super-cool smoothie at Frozen Treats on the Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Chow down on some American favorites like burgers and hot dogs at Pete's Boiler Bites on the Disney Wonder.
- Curb those between-meal cravings with health-conscious treats at Daisy's De-Lites on the Disney Wonder.
- Replenish and recharge after a vigorous workout or luxurious massage at Sense Juice Bar on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Stock up on snacks before entering the Walt Disney Theatre at Preludes on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Let the food come to you with 24-hour room service available on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
Special Dining Experiences
For a little extra green, tadpoles and grown-up frogs alike can take part in a unique culinary experience onboard your cruise.
- Princes and princesses ages 3 to 12 and their parents can enjoy a whimsical teatime in an idyllic storybook setting at Royal Court Royal Tea on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. This fanciful meal includes a selection of herbal teas, two delicious courses and a very special meet-and-greet with some favorite Disney princesses!
- Frogs 18 and up are invited to throw on their aprons and whip up some delizioso Northern Italian cuisine with expert chefs at Palo Be Our Chef on the Disney Fantasy. Cook side by side with gastronomical gurus and savor an aromatic medley of flavors while learning to make several favorite dishes from the restaurant's brunch menu.
- From champagne to chocolate and wine to whiskey, frogs 18 and up are invited to sample select adult beverages at informative seminars during their voyage on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy. Beverage tastings vary based on ship and itinerary, have limited availability and are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Clubs on Disney Cruise Line
Take the day or evening off and drop your tadpoles ages 3 to 17 at one of these larger-than-life play stations chaperoned by trained counselors. These youth clubs found on every ship on the DCL fleet are great places for tadpoles to make friends and enjoy character greetings, games, arts and crafts, themed parties and more!
- Tadpoles ages six months to three years are invited to play games, make crafts, watch movies or even take a nap at "it's a small world" nursery! Here, your little ones can make new friends under the supervision of caring, highly trained counselors in a whimsical environment inspired by the classic Disney attraction that's sure to stimulate your child's senses.
- Tadpoles ages 3 to 12 are invited to explore multi-themed magical lands with surprises around every corner. Disney's Oceaneer Club is pure Disney fantasy where tiny tots and older kids alike can experience character-driven performances, special storytelling sessions, larger-than-life play areas, dress-up opportunities and cool interactive activities.
- Connected to the Oceaneer Club is Disney's Oceaneer Lab where tadpoles ages 3 to 12 can play and learn at sea through imaginative themed activities and games. Kids are sure to be entertained and engaged with toys, Disney movies and creatively themed areas with hands-on experiences at their disposal.
- Tadpoles ages 11 to 14 get their own special lounge that's bound to become their favorite destination on the ship. Edge is a special hangout where tweens can enjoy high-tech entertainment including flat-screen TVs, computers and video games, participate in daily guided activities and connect with fellow tweens from around the globe.
- Tadpoles ages 14 to 17 are invited to break off from their families and hang out with fellow teens at their very own lounge. Designed with their interests in mind, Vibe is a space for teens to chill out, listen to music, watch TV, play group games and more with cruisers their own age.
Nightclubs and Lounges
While counselors are entertaining the tadpoles, frogs 18 and up are invited to cut loose at any of the various nightclubs and lounges created just for adults. Sip on a beverage, cheer on your favorite sports team or dance the night away at these hotspots where adults can find their own paradise at sea.
- Order a cocktail and take in stunning views of the sea, shore and sunset at Currents on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Let the good times roll at the French Quarter Lounge on the Disney Wonder, a New Orleans-inspired watering hole complete with sugary beignets, a full-size streetcar and live jazz performances nightly.
- Escape to the Cove Café on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, a tropical adults-only lounge serving coffee, tea and speciality beverages throughout the day and cocktails, wine and light bites at night.
- Travel back in time to the early days of sea travel and stop in for a cigar or pre- or post-dinner cocktail at Meridian on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. (Frogs are asked to adhere to a dress code at this sophisticated indoor and outdoor lounge.)
- Toast to a happy and healthy journey at Bon Voyage, an Art Deco-inspired full-service bar on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- Each ship has its own electrifying entertainment district that caters solely to adults when the sun sets. Check out After Hours on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, Europa on the Disney Fantasy and The District on the Disney Dream.
Whether you're looking for a quick and relaxing place to grab a bite to eat or are ready to settle down for some fun for all ages, Disney Cruise Line has several venues on their ships that are perfect for the whole family!
- Dance the night away with your entire crew at D Lounge. This family-friendly nightclub on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy is a high-energy entertainment venue that features a full bar and hosts fun activities the whole family will love like lively dance parties, karaoke and trivia game shows.
- Relax and unwind at the Promenade Lounge on the Disney Magic where you can partake in activities and entertainment for the entire family during the day and or enjoy live music at night. This classy yet casual refuge is home to a full-service bar and big-screen TVs and even has a toddler play area to keep the littlest tadpoles occupied all day long!
- Take a seat and watch the waves go by at Vista Cafe on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. This Art Deco-inspired lounge is the perfect place to grab coffee and pastries in the morning or a pre- or post-dinner cocktail at night.
Recreation Options on Disney Cruise Line
Whether you want to warm up or cool down, Disney Cruise Line has a wide variety of recreational facilities available to you and your family. Treat yourself to a moment of relaxation, challenge yourself to get your body moving or just enjoy quality time with the people you love at any of these world-class facilities onboard the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
If there's one image cruises normally conjure, it's relaxing on the pool deck and soaking up some rays. Disney Cruise Line knows how integral pools are to the cruising experience. That's why you'll find freshwater pools, aqua play areas and waterslides galore onboard your ship — perfect for any age group!
- Whiz through 765 feet of snaking tubes on the first-ever water coaster at sea! The AquaDuck on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy sends riders on a wet and wild journey up, down, around and off the side of the ship, through the Forward Funnel — on a daredevil four-deck drop.
- Luxuriate in a soothing shower at Satellite Falls, an adult-exclusive wading pool on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. At this peaceful pool, a gentle rain curtain cascades from a giant sphere, offering a blissful reprieve from an afternoon in the sun.
- Tadpoles ages 8 and under are invited to splash around at Nemo's Reef on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. With shaded protection from the sun and a soft wet-deck surface, this 1,500-square-foot splash deck is a fun and safe place for kids to cool off with Nemo, Marlin, Dory and all their friends!
- Brace yourselves for a high-speed ride down 212 feet of twisting and turning translucent tubing. Designed by Huey, Dewey and Louie, the AquaDunk on the Disney Magic features a trap door that falls away and plunges you three stories down and over the side of the ship on a 20-foot curvature!
- Frogs 18 and up are invited to escape to Quiet Cove Pool on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. This kid-free setting allows adults to relax, recharge and soak up the sun in a serene atmosphere that features a main pool and nearby whirlpool spas.
- Make waves at Goofy's Pool, a family pool area with a main pool and two whirlpool spas on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder. This onboard oasis is the site of cast member-led games, lively on-deck parties and poolside movies and even has deck chairs available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Head on over to Mickey's Pool on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy for a pool area designed for the tadpole(s) in your life. A shallow Mickey-shaped pool and winding one-deck-high waterslide await them, as well as Cast Member-led games and activities throughout the day.
- Beat the heat at Donald's Pool on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, a family pool perfect for parents and their tadpoles looking to splash it up together. This pool also features a jumbo LED screen 24 feet wide and 14 feet high and a stage area with a dance floor where many daytime deck activities and nighttime festivities take place.
- Prepare to get soaked at the AquaLab, a sprawling water playground on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Fantasy. From pouring paint cans to leaky pipes, Huey, Dewey and Louie have left their experiments at your disposal, giving you free rein to con-duck-t your own wet and wild research!
- Sit, soak and spend some quality time at the Funnel Puddle, a family wading pool on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. It's the perfect place for adults to unwind and enjoy those soothing ocean breezes while tadpoles enjoy some water playtime courtesy of a central fountain feature.
Senses Spa & Salon
Experience pure bliss, indulgent luxuries and inner contentment at Senses Spa & Salon, a lavish retreat at sea with a multitude of spa and beauty treatments and a breathtaking ocean view. This relaxing haven found on every ship on the DCL fleet features rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms, a dry sauna fashioned after a Roman bath, private luxury villas and so much more. Along with classic spa treatments such as massages, body wraps, facials and aromatherapy and traditional salon treatments such as teeth whitening, manicures, pedicures, hairstyling and traditional men’s grooming services, Senses offers some magically unique personal care services for men and women.
- Enter Senses Spa, a tranquil oasis where you can relax in a soothing whirlpool or feel tensions melt away on a canopied Roman bed. If you're searching for some solitude, inquire about their villa services where you'll be given the key to an elegant Mediterranean-inspired suite with an open-air verandah. You can book your villa in advance using their Planning Center or at the spa reception area onboard the ship. Every reservation includes a tea ceremony, a bathing ritual of your choice and a foot cleansing ceremony.
- Tadpoles ages 13 to 17 are invited to indulge in soothing beauty treatments created just for them at Chill Spa. Teens here have access to massages, facials, hair care and a variety of beauty and wellness treatments.
- Discover an array of cosmetic body and facial treatments intended to safely and effectively improve the appearance of your skin at Rejuvenation Spa. Guests interested in booking any one of the four treatments offered here must meet with the Rejuvenation Spa physician for a complimentary 30-minute consultation. Reservations for a consultation may be added by signing in to your Disney account and visiting My Disney Cruise, followed by My Cruise Reservations.
Sports and Fitness
Frogs looking to keep shipshape during their voyage will have no problems finding ways to get active onboard their Disney Cruise. DCL boasts a state-of-the-art fitness center and open-air sports deck that has everything you need to work up a sweat while at sea.
- Get your heart rate pumping during your cruise at the full-service, adult-exclusive fitness center with an ocean view on the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. Every ship features leading-edge cardiovascular equipment, treadmills and ellipticals, weight machines, classes offering aerobics, yoga, Pilates instruction and more, and even has personal training sessions available at your disposal.
- Head on up to the Wide World of Sports Deck on the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder where you'll find basketball courts, ping-pong tables and a dynamic environment, perfect for kids, teens and adults, plus magnificent panoramic views of the ocean. For other recreational opportunities, head on down to Deck 4 where you'll find a shuffleboard court and a running track spanning the entire length of the ship!
With so many experiences and opportunities onboard the ships, you may never want to leave — but don't froget to soak in all the discoveries, adventures and cultures that await you wherever you dock. No matter where your travels take you, Disney Cruise Line's marriage of legendary service and immersive storyline will no doubt create memories that will last a lifetime.
Have you gone on a Disney cruise? If so, what's your favorite thing you've done on the fleet? If not, what are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments below.