Ever dreamt of bellying up to the bar of an other-worldly cantina, complete with strange creatures, pulsating beats and bubbling concoctions? We’ve found just the place, and it's called Oga's Cantina! Oh, and don't mind those "strange creatures." They are most likely just fellow tourists ;)
Oga’s Cantina is one of the most hoppenin’ hot spots inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, and for good reason. This colorful cantina, just a few steps from the Millennium Falcon, is a modern version of the Mos Eisley Cantina from the 1977 Star Wars film. Oga’s also has the distinction of being the only public place in Disneyland Park to serve alcohol, but don't worry, there are non-alcoholic concoctions for your "younglings" too. Space is tight and so is time inside Oga's, so you'll need a few tips — and perhaps some Jedi mind tricks — to get in. Don't fret, you're green friends are here to help!
How to Make Oga’s Cantina Reservations at Disneyland
During the opening weeks of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, guests plotted and planned the best ways to get inside the land's most in-demand attractions, Oga's Cantina and the lightsaber-building experience* inside Savi's Workshop. Of course, everyone wanted to take a ride on Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, but wait times were surprisingly short compared to the other two. Now there's a new same-day reservation system for both, so you have a better shot at getting in, but you'll still need to hop to it so you don't might miss out!
You can make same-day reservations for Oga’s Cantina starting at 7 a.m. PST using the Disneyland app or online. If you are using the app, click on the magnifying glass at the bottom and type in "Oga's Cantina Reservations." (We did not see it on the Star Wars page.) Reservations were filled within about 20 minutes on the first day.
By the way, there is also a same-day reservations system in place for Savi’s Workshop. You’ll need your credit card to make a reservation for either experience. If you do not show up for your Oga's Cantina reservation, you will be charged $10 per person. (It's a steep $199.99 if you do not show up for the Savi's Workshop reservation.) If you want to do both, perhaps enlist the help of a friend or family member. One person can try to obtain one while you try to get the other.
A reservation guarantees your access to the cantina. As a bonus, it also guarantees you access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land. People who arrive in the morning may enter the land until it reaches capacity. (Note that the land will not be open during Extra Magic Hours or Magic Mornings. These early entry days usually fall on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings at Disneyland.) Once the land reaches capacity, park guests may request to join a virtual queue. They'll be notified of when they can enter the land. However, people who have reservations for Oga’s Cantina (and Savi's Workshop) do not need to join a boarding group and will be admitted before their reservation.
If the land is open to everyone, feel free to hop on over whenever you like before your reservation. If entrance is restricted to boarding groups, your Oga's Cantina reservation grants you access to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge one hour before your reservation. If you like, you can also join a boarding group if the land is not open to walk-ins. That way you can access the land for whichever occurs first.
It's nice to know for planning purposes whether you have an Oga’s Cantina reservation and are guaranteed to enter the land. That takes a lot of anxiety out of the process. Plus if you have a later reservation, you won’t have to rush to be at the park first thing in the morning. We also find this reservation system more fair for all.
Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your Oga's Cantina reservation. You may have a wait to get in. And unlike in the movies, your droids are welcome to accompany you, though the bartenders may not serve their kind.
Tips for Making Oga's Cantina Reservations
- Be available to book a reservation right at 7:00 a.m. PST.
- Follow the link for Oga's Cantina Reservations or open the Disneyland app and search for "Oga's Cantina Reservations."
- Make sure you have the exact information from your credit card, including phone number (mobile vs. home phone) on the account and the security code, even if you use this credit card through the Disneyland app already.
- Know your party size and the time you want to visit.
- Be flexible.
- Only choose a reservation you can realistically make.
- Note your confirmation number and look for a confirmation email.
- Arrive to the Cantina about 15 minutes before your reservation.
What’s the Lowdown on Oga’s Cantina?
You Star Wars movies fans have watched your favorite characters hanging out in various cantinas across the galaxy. Well, Black Spire Outpost, the village on planet Batuu, has its own drinking establishment so you can enjoy that same experience. The backstory of Oga’s Cantina is that proprietor Oga Garra (a local crime boss) deals in the underworld in Black Spire Outpost. While you don’t see Oga (or any obvious aliens about), you may hear her yelling from the back from time to time. Rumor has it, she is not one you want to cross. Be sure to look around. You'll see bullet holes in the walls. Diehard fans may note other details.
The long bar is oval-shaped. Bartenders appear to fill drinks from the tanks, pipes and containers behind the bar, many of which have creatures and colorful liquids in them. The walls are damaged from some past fights. Guests can stand around the bar and order from bartenders (there is a wheelchair-height section) or stand around bar-height tables and order from servers. The outside edge of the bar has some seated booths with servers. Unfortunately, you do not get to pick where you go, so it’s kind of luck of the draw. You may be seated with strangers, which makes this new strange land all the more interesting. Standing at a tall table is a bit hard for the short and wiggly tadpoles. If you don’t get a booth, you might only want to hop in for a short visit. As it is, you're currently limited to two drinks and 45 minutes.
To lighten things up, DJ R-3X, or "Rex," is spinning tunes. You may recognize the droid as the former pilot of Star Tours. Voiced by Paul Reubens, Rex is still trying his best, but occasionally things go wrong. The weird beats are fun, and Rex is entertaining.
When the Hyperdrive that powers the bar starts to overload, you’ll see the lights flicker and the music drop. The bartenders may bang some hammers to get it (along with DJ Rex) going again.
Despite the shady history of Oga’s Cantina, kids and droids are welcome in this bar, and there are many fun kid-friendly "mocktails" to try. Plus your younglings will obsess over Oga’s Obsession.
Oga’s Cantina Menu
Let’s get into the fun stuff: The food and drinks!
Oga’s is open from breakfast time at opening until the park closes. In the morning, you can enjoy breakfast foods and beverages until about 10:00 a.m. You may request items off the regular menu during that time as well. The rest of the day, you’ll find a selection of colorful alcoholic and nonalcoholic otherworldly drinks, a dry snack mix and Oga’s Obsession. Oga's Obsession looks like a petri dish but actually tastes quite good.
Morning Specialties with Alcohol:
- Spiran Caf – Peru Alto Mayo Organic Joffrey’s Coffee, orange marmalade, rum, vanilla whipped cream and citrus zest
- Bloody Rancor – Vodka, chile liqueur, spicy Bloody Mary mix and rancor bone
- Morning Specialties without Alcohol:
- Black Spire Brew – Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee, honey, falernum, passion fruit and citrus
- Moogan Tea – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, chocolate milk, vanilla and cinnamon
- Tarine Tea – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, peach, huckleberry and mint
- Blue Bantha – Blue Milk served chilled with bantha-inspired vanilla-butter sugar cookie
- Rising Moons Overnight Oats - Oats, dragon fruit, yogurt and seasonal fruit
- Mustafarian Lava Roll - Sweet galactic delight (think cinnamon roll)
Afternoon and Evening Specialties with Alcohol:
- Fuzzy Tauntaun – Peach vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice with tangerine, pure cane sugar and “buzzz” foam (Mommy Frog says beware the magical foam of this drink, which makes your tongue and lips tingle and go numb on purpose!)
- Jedi Mind Trick – Grapefruit and rose vodka, falernum, blue curaçao, white grape juice, lime juice and grapefruit bitters
- The Outer Rim – Silver tequila, açaí liqueur, lime juice, pure cane sugar, black salt and exotic fruit purée (we enjoyed this one)T-16 Skyhopper – Vodka, melon liqueur, kiwi and half & half (super sweet and tasty with a dried kiwi on top — and it’s green (ribbit!!)
- Dagobah Slug Slinger – Reposado tequila, blue curaçao, citrus juices, ginger, herbs and bitters
- Jet Juice – Bourbon, chile liqueur, açaí liqueur, white grape juice and lemon juice
- Yub Nub – Pineapple rum, spiced rum, citrus juices and passion fruit (served in a souvenir Endor mug)
- Bespin Fizz – Rum, yuzu purée, pomegranate juice, white cranberry juice and cloud swirl
- Specialty beers on tap, beer flights, wine on tap and hard cider on tap
Afternoon and Evening Specialties without Alcohol:
- Cliff Dweller – Citrus juices, coconut, hibiscus-grenadine and Seagram’s Ginger Ale (served in a souvenir porg mug)
- Hyperdrive (Punch It!) – Powerade Mountain Berry Blast, white cranberry juice, black cherry purée and Sprite
- Jabba Juice – Simply Orange with pineapple, kiwi, cantaloupe and blueberry popping pearls (these are the eggs of the Worrt behind the bar)
- Blue Bantha – Blue Milk served chilled with bantha-inspired vanilla-butter sugar cookie (unlike blue milk served at the Milk Stand, this is not a frozen beverage)
- Blurrgfire – Lemonade, pomegranate juice and habanero-lime
- Carbon Freeze – Powerade Lemon Lime, wild strawberry, blueberry and green apple popping pearls (this is a fun one!)
Snack and Provisions:
- Oga’s Obsession – lemonade, cotton candy flavor and blueberry popping pearls with a bursting dried fruit mixture (It's like a petri dish with gelatin and popping pearls with a popping surprise on top)
- Batuu Bits - A light, crispy Snack Mix from the Galaxy (some sweet and some very spicy)
You’ll have to enjoy your drinks inside the cantina. You cannot take them to go. If you order a drink in a souvenir mug (or the rancor tooth beer flight), you’ll receive a new, clean mug (or set) to take with you. Guests are limited to two drinks each. Guests are also expected to move on after about 45 minutes.
*Reservations are required for the lightsaber experience and to Oga’s Cantina.
Do you have any favorite drinks or tips for enjoying Oga’s Cantina? Be sure to share them in the comments section below. And hop over for our Galactic Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland for more detail about the new land.