Mommy Frog's Note: After a temporary closure due to COVID-19, Walt Disney World Resort is beginning to reopen! Disney Springs began a phased reopening May 20. Disney World has announced a plan to reopen its theme parks in phases starting July 11 for the general public! Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom would be the first parks to open in this phased reopening, followed by EPCOT and Disney's Hollywood Studios on July 15. Check here for the latest information about Disney's park reopenings and procedures.
If you are traveling to Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu, you're going to work up a galactic appetite. Before you hop to the local water hole or even go looking for blue milk, there are a few things you need to know about eating on this alien planet. Some of the choices are a little different from our choices on Earth or even the rest of Disneyland! Our guide to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge food will help you identify the local cuisine and fill your belly with yummy meals, snacks and beverages.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Food and Drink at Disneyland
Are you hungry for information about the special food and drinks in this new land? Join the party! You can sample delicacies not found elsewhere in Disneyland. Got Blue Milk? If not, you can find this non-dairy drink here. Green milk too! And a new variation on green milk — The Toydaria Swirl! Reservations are not accepted for any Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge food and beverage locations except Oga's Cantina — at least for now — but several locations offer mobile ordering to help you skip the lines. Bring your refillable water bottles to save money on bottled water because there are filling stations all over the land.
Welcome, weary space travelers, to this watering hole for smugglers, pilots, bounty hunters, locals and travelers alike. Oga's Cantina serves adult drinks and nonalcoholic beverages in unique vessels. It's also the first place to ever serve alcoholic drinks inside Disneyland Park. That adds an extra unique thrill. Entering the Cantina will really bring you back to the Mos Eisley cantina on the planet Tatooine as seen in the original "Star Wars" film. With alien creatures and other worldly sounds being spun by a familiar droid DJ, you'll feel that you've stepped into an alternate universe. Oga's Cantina offers colorful themed cocktails, nonalcoholic “mocktails” and other options!
Here's a look at the concoctions and bites available in Oga's Cantina. Selections may vary by time of day (although some daytime items may be requested in the morning).
Morning Specialties with Alcohol:
- Spiran Caf – Peru Alto Mayo Organic Joffrey’s Coffee, orange marmalade, rum, vanilla whipped cream and citrus zest
- Bloody Rancor – Vodka, chile liqueur, spicy Bloody Mary mix and rancor bone
Morning Specialties without Alcohol:
- Black Spire Brew – Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee, honey, falernum, passion fruit and citrus
- Moogan Tea – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, chocolate milk, vanilla and cinnamon
- Tarine Tea – Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea, peach, huckleberry and mint
- Blue Bantha – Blue Milk served chilled with bantha-inspired vanilla-butter sugar cookie
- Rising Moons Overnight Oats - Oats, dragon fruit, yogurt and seasonal fruit
- Mustafarian Cinnamon Roll - Sweet galactic delight (think cinnamon roll)
Afternoon and Evening Specialties with Alcohol:
- Fuzzy Tauntaun – Peach vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice with tangerine, pure cane sugar and “buzzz” foam (Take it from this Momma Frog and beware the foam of this drink, which makes your tongue and lips tingle and go numb on purpose!).
- Jedi Mind Trick – Grapefruit and rose vodka, falernum, blue curaçao, white grape juice, lime juice and grapefruit bitters.
- The Outer Rim – Silver tequila, açaí liqueur, lime juice, pure cane sugar, black salt and exotic fruit purée.
- T-16 Skyhopper – Vodka, melon liqueur, kiwi and half & half.
- Dagobah Slug Slinger – Reposado tequila, blue curaçao, citrus juices, ginger, herbs and bitters.
- Jet Juice – Bourbon, chile liqueur, açaí liqueur, white grape juice and lemon juice.
- Yub Nub – Pineapple rum, spiced rum, citrus juices and passion fruit (served in souvenir Endor mug).
- Coruscant Cooler – Maker's Mark Bourbon, Luxardo Maraschino liqueur, Carpano Antica sweet vermouth, cranberry and lime juice.
- Takodana Quencher – Bacardi Dragon berry rum, Blue Curaçao, Simply Orange with pinapple, and kiwi.
- Specialty beers, wine and hard cider on tap (and those wines may not be the colors you have come to associate with wine on Earth).
Afternoon and Evening Specialties without Alcohol:
- Cliff Dweller – Citrus juices, coconut, hibiscus-grenadine and Seagram’s Ginger Ale (served in a souvenir Porg mug).
- Hyperdrive (Punch It!) – Powerade Mountain Berry Blast, white cranberry juice, black cherry purée and Sprite.
- Jabba Juice – Simply Orange with pineapple, kiwi, cantaloupe and blueberry popping pearls.
- Blue Bantha – Blue Milk served chilled with bantha-inspired vanilla-butter sugar cookie.
- Blurrgfire – Lemonade, pomegranate juice and habanero-lime.
- Carbon Freeze – Powerade Lemon Lime, wild strawberry, blueberry and green apple popping pearls.
- Oga’s Obsession – Lemonade, cotton candy flavor and blueberry popping pearls with a bursting dried fruit mixture. (It's like a petri dish with gelatin and popping pearls.)
- Happabore Sampler - A selection of cured meats, cheeses, crackers and pickled and preserved rations.
- Batuu Bits - A light, crispy Snack Mix from the Galaxy (some sweet and some very spicy).
You’ll have to consume the beverages inside the cantina — no taking them to-go — so kick back, enjoy DJ “Rex” and keep your eyes on the other cantina patrons. We had fun choosing colorful drinks! We recommend the Jedi Mind Trick — this IS the beverage you are looking for. Now, Oga’s Cantina is a bit of a shady establishment run by alien Oga Garra, who has a strict code of conduct to keep unruly visitors in check. As the Cantina is a safe haven for smugglers and those seeking to avoid the First Order, it’s best to keep your wits about you. If only these walls could talk!
Oga's Cantina is a popular watering hole in the village of Black Spire Outpost. Reservations are highly recommended for Oga’s Cantina. You can make advance Oga's Cantina reservations up to 60 days in advance. You can reserve through the Disneyland app or site. Have your credit card information handy. When choosing a reservation time, you can keep scrolling for more times. We find it easier to select a more general time period such as "morning," "afternoon" and "evening" to get more choices than a specific time.
If you cannot get a reservation, check again for more released same-day reservations starting at 7:00 a.m. through the Disneyland app or the link to Oga's Cantina on the Disneyland site. Limited walk-in reservations may be available each day, but there's no guarantee you will be able to get in. If you have an early morning reservation, you can enter Disneyland early (bring proof of your reservation) through a special turnstile (usually the first turnstile all the way to the left) so that you can get to Oga's on time.
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
This is the place for exotic tastes and flavors procured by one Chef Strono "Cookie" Tuggs, who has traveled the galaxy far and wide after his time at Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana. The themed restaurant alone is toadally cool.
Outside the building, you can see cargo containers being lowered into the roof. As you walk in, you can see the container being lowered in. Many of the seats are in these containers! You can learn more about the numbers on the roof containers and the story behind them in Leap's post on Hidden Gems in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland.
The foods are all variations and new ways of presenting ingredients that earthlings should be able to recognize. Even in space, you can find dishes like the Endorian Roasted Chicken Tip-Yip salad with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa and pumpkin seeds. I love this fresh salad, with its roasted veggies and pumpkin seeds.
The Endorian Fried Chicken Tip-Yip is a breaded chicken dish with herb gravy and vegetable mash. You can now order it with mac and cheese instead! The sticky Smoked Kaadu Pork Ribs come with a blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw. I also love the Batuuan Beef Pot Roast. These are not like other theme park foods!
You'll find a lot more vegetables at this location than "off planet" in the rest of Disneyland, and that makes this Momma Frog very hoppy! There are a few plant-based entrees, as well. The hummus and plant-based meatballs are tasty! If you eat a vegetarian or plant-based diet, definitely hop over to learn about the best vegetarian food at Disneyland.
You can also enjoy nonalcoholic beverages like Phattro and Moof Juice (a tasty fruit punch and big favorite with the tadpoles). End your meal with out-of-this-world desserts such as the colorful raspberry crème puff with passion fruit mousse or chocolate cake with white chocolate mouse and coffee custard. Docking Bay 7 offers Mobile Order, which is a great way to skip the lines!
- Rising Moons Overnight Oats - Oats, dragon fruit, yogurt and seasonal fruit.
- Mustafarian Cinnamon Roll - Sweet galactic delight.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, you may find a larger breakfast menu, with offerings such as:
- Bright Suns Breakfast Platter - Three-cheese egg bite, pork sausage, purple potato hash, mini Mustafarian Cinnamon Roll.
If you are rising early to join a Boarding Group for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, you might be looking for a hearty breakfast in the Disneyland parks. Follow the link for more detail on breakfast both in Galaxy's Edge and the rest of the Disneyland.
Lunch and Dinner Items:
- Smoked Kaadu Pork Ribs – Sticky pork ribs served with a blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw.
- Endorian Fried Chicken Tip-Yip – Crispy chicken served with roasted vegetable potato mash and herb gravy.
- Endorian Roasted Chicken Salad – Marinated chicken served with mixed greens, roasted seasonal vegetables, quinoa, pumpkin seeds and green curry ranch.
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad – Chilled shrimp served with marinated noodles and vegetables.
- Felucian Kefta & Hummus Garden Spread – Plant-based meatballs served with herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish and pita.
- Batuaan Beef Pot Roast – Beef pot roast served with cavatelli pasta, wilted kale and mushrooms.
Meals for Small Tadpoles (milk or water included):
- Bright Suns Youngling Breakfast (breakfast only Friday through Sunday) - Scrambled egg, purple potatoes and fruit.
- Takodana Veggie Dippers – Black bean hummus served with edible soil with nuts, chilled dipping vegetables and multi-grain crisps. (We like getting this as a side dish to our entrees.)
- Fried Chicken Tip-Yip Youngling Meal – Crispy chicken served with macaroni and cheese and seasonal vegetables.
- Ithorian Garden Patty Bun – Bao bun, plant-based patty, roasted carrots, house sauce and Cuties mandarin orange.
- Oi-oi Puff – Raspberry cream puff with passion fruit mousse.
- Batuu-bon – Chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and coffee custard.
Specialty Beverages (Nonalcoholic):
- Moof Juice – Fruit punch and orange with chipotle-pineapple.
- Phattro – Unsweetened tea, lemonade and desert pear.
- Batuubucha Tea – Suja pineapple passion fruit kombucha.
- Black Spire Hot Chocolate topped with shimmering brown sugar whipped cream.
Former smelter droid 8D-J8 continuously turns the spit on tasty meats at Ronto Roasters. A recycled podracing engine powers the roasting for this dining experience. Wash down your Nuna Turkey Jerky (sweet or spicy) or Ronto Wrap with one of these nonalcoholic drinks:
- Meiloorun Juice - Pineapple, lemonade with blueberry, white cranberry juice, lemon juice and desert pear
- Tatooine Sunset – Unsweetened tea, lemonade, melon and blueberry
- Sour Sarlacc – Limeade, raspberry and spicy mango (it's more sweet than sour)
- Black Spire Hot Chocolate
The Ronto Wrap is a pita-like bread filled with grilled sausage and roasted pork with peppercorn sauce and tangy slaw. It's one of our favorite foods in Batuu. We also love the plant-based version, the new Ronto-less Garden Wrap, which is sweeter, with crunchy cucumbers, and is less spicy. Ronto Roasters has Mobile Order, making these perfect foods to acquire quickly and eat on the go.
- Ronto Wrap - Roasted park, grilled pork sausage, peppercorn sauce and tangy slaw wrapped in a pita
- Ronto-less Garden Wrap - A pita with plant-based sausage, spicy kimchi slaw, sweet pickled cucumber, and Gochujang spread
- Kyryll Pork Rinds with cinnamon sugar (served in a MSE-6 Series Repair Droid souvenir vessel)
Ronto Roasters also has breakfast items:
- Ronto Morning Wrap - Scrambled eggs, sausage, cheddar cheese and peppercorn sauce wrapped in a pita
- Rising Moons Overnight Oats - Oats, dragon fruit, yogurt and seasonal fruit
- The Ronto Wrap and Ronto-less Wrap are available at breakfast and throughout the day
Get your farm-fresh Blue Milk (or Green Milk!) from this stand direct from Bubo Wamba Family Farms. The frozen concoctions are refreshing and unlike any milk you’ve ever tasted. Maybe that is because there is no actual dairy in these plant-based drinks! The wait is over, because Milk Stand offers Mobile Order. What do these milks taste like? The Blue Milk is coconut and rice milk with flavors of dragon fruit, pineapple, lime and watermelon. The Green Milk is coconut and rice milk with flavors of mandarin orange, passion fruit, grapefruit and orange blossom. You may choose to sip your milk from a Bubo Wamba Family Farms novelty drink vessel.
Try the Toydaria Swirl. It includes green milk with swirls of savory chili lime seasoning and mango jelly (vegans should omit the jelly). We think the seasoning definitely punches up the flavor of green milk!
Kat Saka's Kettle
Got the munchies? Grab some Outpost Mix, a blend of sweet, savory and spicy popcorn. It tastes a bit like kettle corn, but then you feel a little heat. You can also snack on chocolate popcorn with Crait Red Salt. The salt is said to come from the uninhabited mineral world that is dusted by white salt. (Crait has become quite the safe haven for fleeing Resistance forces!) The chocolate flavor reminds us of the flavor Cocoa Puffs cereal. Collectors may be interested in the MSE-6 Series Repair Droid Souvenir Popcorn Vessel. The snack shop does not have Mobile Order. You can find these popcorn treats in the Market to the left of Ronto Roasters.
You'll see droid-driven refreshment stands that are in the colors of Coca-Cola and Sprite ... with an alien twist. Be sure to pick up a special bottle of Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite packaged in "thermal detonator" round bottles just for Batuu. The Dasani water is also packaged just for Batuu. These stands are sprinkled throughout the land. If you'll be using the planet Earth airspace to fly back home, just be aware that the TSA has repealed the ban on the "thermal detonator" round bottles. If you want to take a bottle home, you can empty it and bring it in your carry-on luggage.
Look for the Galma Garlic Puffed Cheese Chips. They're an intergalactic delight. We've also seen bags of the chocolate popcorn at the refreshment stands.
That about covers all the Galaxy's Edge food and drink. If you are ready to learn about immersive experiences in Black Spire Outpost on Planet Batuu, be sure to hop over to Tad's Galactic Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
What alien flavors are you most excited to taste when you try Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Food and drink? Please share in the comments section below!