Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- It's here! The Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival kicks off today, March 3, 2023, at Disneyland Resort. The springtime foodie festival highlights famous flavors from across the Golden State at festival marketplaces and other select restaurants in Disney California Adventure Park and Downtown Disney District every year. Hop along with us on Instagram @themeparkfrog as we give you the scoop on this year's event. You can also find more details about every festival offering in our separate menus post.
- Accio vegan Butterbeer! Universal Parks in Orlando and Hollywood now offer a non-dairy version of the famous wizarding drink upon request, for both its cold and frozen forms. (Note: the hot version still contains dairy.) Starting on Harry Potter's birthday last July, guests at Universal Orlando Resort were able to request Butterbeer without the topping, making it allergy-safe. But now, all muggles, witches and wizards on both coasts will be able to enjoy Butterbeer in its full glory and rock a foamy 'stache. Cheers!
- Want to get away and have a perfect picnic? You'll soon be able to! Once Mickey's Toontown reopens March 19, there will be two new dining spots — Cafe Daisy and Good Boy! Grocers — and Disney released a first look at the mouthwatering menu items, including Daisy's Dressed-up Dog and pizza flop-overs. You can even get a Perfect Picnic Basket that comes with three snacks and a Perfect Picnic Blanket, and dine just like Mickey and Minnie!
- The Mandalorian and Grogu are now regularly roaming the streets of Batuu at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The popular pair surprised guests in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge March 1, which marked the release of Season 3 of "The Mandalorian" on Disney+. They've been frequent visitors over on the West Coast at Disneyland Park, so we're hoppy that they finally made their debut at Disney World!
- This week at Magic Kingdom, "it's a small world" welcomed a new doll in a wheelchair, building on the ride's diverse representation. Back in November, two dolls in wheelchairs debuted at Disneyland's "it's a small world." It may seem like a small change, but it marks a big movement toward inclusivity!
@undercovertourist From Hook to Tiana, these topiaries are absolutely flowertastic! 🌸 Catch them from now until July in EPCOT! Which one is your fav? #epcot #epcotflowerandgarden #epcotflowerandgardenfestival #disneyworld #waltdisneyworld #wdw ♬ original sound - undercovertourist
- Stop and smell the roses — EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival has bloomed! The 2023 festival planted its roots March 1, with new "Encanto" topiaries and fresh flavors from the Outdoor Kitchens. And you've got plenty of time — it will continue to flourish until July 5. Check out our tips from our first-day visit in our main Flower and Garden guide!
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park is ready to welcome back surfers and swimmers alike. The water park underwent its annual refurbishment this winter and will reopen March 19, 2023 — just in time for spring break! And as we shared last week, H2O Glow After Hours event will return May 20 for limited nighttime access to the water park on select nights throughout the summer.
- Speaking of H2O Glow After Hours, Disney After Hours event tickets are now on sale — including H2O Glow After Hours, Disney After Hours at EPCOT, and Disney After Hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios (for extended May and June dates). You can save some green by purchasing discount tickets through Undercover Tourist!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.