'Sup?! It's Tad, the Frog Family Avengers Campus and Superhero super fan. If you are visiting Disney California Adventure during Holiday Time and the Festival of Holidays, you now have one more toadally rad celebration to enjoy! The Wakanda Forever celebration mostly takes place in Avengers Campus, the newest land in the park. You can find additional Wakanda-inspired foods and merchandise in nearby Hollywood Land.
Wakanda Forever Overview
Long live Wakanda! This celebration kicked off the day the “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” movie was released and the Festival of Holidays begins. Woot woot! Who else will be re-watching "Black Panther" to prepare for this event?
During the Wakanda Forever celebration, you can encounter and learn from new visiting warriors, taste foods inspired by Wakanda, honor the legacy of the Black Panther and experience more in Avengers Campus, Hollywood Land and Downtown Disney. You can find merchandise in the Hollywood Land Super Store Featuring Avengers Campus.
Wakanda Forever Dates at Disneyland
Wakanda Forever at Disneyland takes place for a limited time. You can catch it Nov. 11, 2022, through Jan. 8, 2023. Those are the same opening and closing dates as Holiday Time at Disneyland Resort and the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure. With Wakanda Forever hoppening and the return of World of Color — Season of Light, it will be the most epic holiday season yet!
Wakanda Forever Entertainment and Characters
Keep an eye out for new entertainment in Avengers Campus. Witness the announcement of the next warrior to take on the role of Black Panther. M'Baku will lead an all-new experience. He's looking for recruits to join in "The Way of the Jabari." Learn about the culture of the Jabari Clan through chants and percussion. Showtimes are mid-afternoon through the evening. You can see Shuri, the new Black Panther, at Avengers Headquarters before and during "The Way of the Jabari."
Experience continuing entertainment as well. The Dora Milaje are still holding their powerful training sessions — The "Warriors of Wakanda: The Disciplines of the Dora Milaje." You can catch them from morning until mid-afternoon. Showtimes are on the entertainment calendar and in the Disneyland app. If you time it right, usually about 3 p.m., you can catch the last Dora Milaje show and the first M'Baku show after. (And you can be entertained with a holiday stunt show in the middle while you wait!)
MagicBand+ has come to Disneyland Resort. So far our MagicBands have been lighting up and vibrating at the Avengers Campus rides and during entertainment. The bands light up purple with the Wakanda signs and installations in the dining area behind Shawarma Palace Too.
Wakanda Forever Food and Merchandise
Where are my fellow foodies? You can get a taste of Wakanda-inspired foods at the Flavors of Wakanda marketplace in the Hollywood Backlot. Here's what's on the menu:
- Peri-Peri Chicken with yellow Jollof rice (very tadpole friendly)
- Butterfly Pea Tea Lemonade (so tasty and colorful)
- Dawa beverage (vodka, lemonade, honey, ginger beer and butterfly pea tea)
- Maafe — ground peanut stew with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, black-eyed peas and spices, served with naan (tasty but has a kick to it)
- Shuri's gauntlet drinking vessel
These items are not on the Sip and Savor Pass.
You can also find new foods and drinking vessels in Avengers Campus. Shawarma Palace and Shawarma Palace Too have a new menu item and drink vessel:
- Wakandan Roasted Pork Wrap — spiced pork with black garlic sauce and chermoula
- Shuri's gauntlet drinking vessel
Besides the drinking vessel, you can find additional Wakanda Forever merchandise (and movie props!) in Hollywood Land at the Super Store Featuring Avengers Campus at Stage 17. Merchandise is also available at the Studio Store.
Tips for Enjoying Wakanda Forever at Disneyland
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of Wakanda Forever at Disneyland:
- See the movies.
- Check the show schedule. Look up "The Way of the Jabari" in the Disneyland app for show times (and hop to our Avengers Campus characters post for more entertainment).
- In Downtown Disney, pose with a new mural outside the former ESPN Zone by artist Nikkolas Smith. He previously created the art installation “King Chad.”
- Enjoy other holiday foods at the festival marketplace booths. Our guide to the yummiest holiday treats and foods can help you find your must-try flavors of the season.
- Arrive early to ride rides in Avengers Campus before the entertainment starts. Hop back in the afternoon for entertainment.
- Find the best days to visit this holiday season if you want to avoid crowds.
- Pay attention to your MagicBand+ for lights near Wakanda Forever signs and quotes.
Are you visiting Disneyland Resort during the holiday season and the Wakanda Forever celebration? You'll want to purchase your theme park tickets and make theme park reservations as soon as possible.