Whenever we assemble with other Super Hero hopefuls in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park, we work up an appetite. Our crew of recruits always plan perfect outfits and DisneyBounds. It’s always about food at Disneyland with us hungry frogs, but we are especially excited about these dishes, drinks and treats. A few new items make their way to the menus each season. And of course, everyone is talking about the $100 Pym-ini sandwich! Like the immersive Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land, the food in this land is unique and part of the world of the Avengers. Rather than typical theme park food and touristy treats, this is the food the Avengers choose to eat and create themselves. Appetites — assemble!
Our Super Foodie Guide to the Restaurants at Avengers Campus
There is one main restaurant at Avengers Campus. The Pym Testing Kitchen is a quick-service restaurant that offers meals, snacks and beverages. The next-door Pym Tasting Lab is more like a quick-service lounge with beverages and snacks. Both offer Mobile Order and at times may take Mobile Order only. Keep an eye out for additional special menu items available during the Oogie Boogie Bash and other Disneyland After Dark events as well as seasonal items.
We recommend ordering in advance before you get hungry, especially for Pym Test Kitchen. The Shawarma Place carts do not take mobile orders for food, but you can mobile order novelty items through Shawarma Palace Too.
By the way, slinging webs on WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure will definitely help you work up a heroic appetite! Just eat after you go on Guardians!
Pym Test Kitchen Featuring Impossible Foods
We were so excited to visit this old lab facility that's now a quick-service restaurant to see it in action. The "lab technicians" wear lab coats. Your food is served on Scott Lang's lab notes. The menu outside is on a giant cell phone screen. Just. So. Cool. But wait — there's more!
The concept is that it uses Pym Particles to grow and shrink foods. In the movies, Ant-Man and the Wasp use Pym Particles to grow and shrink just about anything. Take a look around the restaurant area to see the results of past Pym Particle experiments. Note the gigantic condiment bottles and soda cans.
When you enter, you get to watch the growing or shrinking of a pretzel as it makes its way through the quantum tunnel directly above the kitchen. Watch it go from large to small, small to large, then the final result: a super-sized pretzel perfect to share! With a growing tween with an uncontrollable appetite, I may need to look into this technology. FYI, we tasted this pretzel and the whole family approves.
But today, the subject is your meal. Campus visitors are the taste testers, getting to enjoy hero-sized meals and tiny treats while watching the Pym food scientists at work in the kitchen lab. There used to be a Caeser Salad, but lately, the workers are experimenting with a Compound Crustacean salad on the menu. It's really tasty and feels light and healthy. With a lab for a kitchen, we can expect to see new seasonal items popping up (such as Orloni on a Stick kebabs and a Salmon Poke Atomic Pretzel as of May 5, along with a Milky Fizz beverage). Looks like we have some tasting research ahead of us!
Pym Test Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks! With limited breakfast choices in the theme parks these days, we need to take a moment to do the froggy happy dance that we'll have some morning choices again — and super fun ones at that! Here’s a look at the menus.
- Calculated Breakfast = E x 2 + (B+P)/T — Eggs Two Ways with smoked bacon, crispy potato bites and focaccia toast
- Impossible Quantum Garden Breakfast — Plant-based folded omelet with Impossible breakfast sausage, crispy potato bites and focaccia toast
- Ever-Expanding Cinna-Pym Toast — Baked Pym particle bread and egg custard with cinnamon-sugar topping, a fried egg, smoked bacon and maple syrup
- Nano Eggs-periment 101 — Softly arranged eggs and turkey bacon with toast (for small beings ages 3 through 9)
- Cinna-Pym Mini Toast — Warm toasted cinnamon Pym particle bread with turkey bacon and maple syrup (for small beings ages 3 through 9)
You can also get a side of bacon, turkey bacon, potato bites or mandarin oranges.
If you have a morning sweet tooth, the Celestial-sized Candy Bar: Choco-Smash is also available at breakfast!
Lunch and Dinner
Menus are divided up by Blue Particle Specials and Red Particle Specials, as Blue Pym Particles expand items — sometimes to sharable sizes — and Red Pym Particles shrink them (for smaller tadpoles). We ordered one of everything off the adult menu because it was too hard to decide! No, we did not get the family-sized Pym-ini, but we did take a look at it! It comes in eight slices.
Blue Particle Specials (meals and desserts) include:
- Pym-ini — Salami, salame rosa with pistachio nuts, rosemary ham, provolone and sun-dried tomato spread on toasted focaccia with marinara dipping sauce and arugula salad. It's served by the slice ($14.69) or in a shareable family-sized format (serves six to eight people for $99.99 — it's eight slices, and they are pretty filling).
- Not So Little Chicken Sandwich — Fried chicken breast, teriyaki and red chili sauces, pickled cabbage slaw on brioche with crispy potato bites. The chicken is delicious, but you'll want to grab a fork and knife to eat it! The sauce has a little kick to it, but we did not find it too spicy.
- PB3 Superb Sandwich — Warm PB&J with banana and candied bacon on Pym particle bread, with micro banana smoothie and crispy potato bites.
- Caesar Salad + Colossal Crouton (Not currently available)— Hearts of romaine, Kalamata olives, pickled onions, Caesar dressing, garlic crouton and Parmesan crisps. It's a full-on head of romaine, so grab that knife to cut it up yourself. The salad is very tasty. Notice the large crouton has blue particles swirled in and the tiny croutons have red. We love the delicious details!
- Impossible Spoonful — Rigatoni and ditalini pasta, plant-based meatballs, tomato sauce, dairy-free Parmesan and micro basil
- Compound Crustacean — Shrimp salad with iceberg and leaf lettuce, couscous, quinoa, tomatoes, olives, feta, red pepper and citrus vinaigrette
- (New) "Bigger than Buffalo" Wings — Buffalo turkey wings with spicy ranch potato bites, carrot and celery slaw, garnished with a Buffalo chicken wing and blue cheese.
- Choco Smash CANDY Bar — Dark chocolate (it isn't very dark) on the outside with peanuts, caramel, nougat and chocolate brownie inside. This is HUGE. And you really can't easily take it with you the way it's wrapped, so make sure you save room to share it for dessert or ask for a box. And you guessed it, you'll need a knife to cut into it. It tasted a lot like a giant Snickers bar.
Available sides include arugula salad, slaw, cheese-beer sauce, marinara sauce, candied bacon, potato bites and mandarins.
Red Particles shrink down aspects of the adult meals to tadpole size. These are smaller versions of the adult meals. The Mini-Meals for small Terrans ages 3 through 9 include a Cuties mandarin orange, Dannon yogurt and a choice of small low-fat milk or small DASANI Water (except Mini Pasta & Impossible Meat-balls).
- Teeny Pym-ini — Toasted ham and provolone sandwich with marinara dipping sauce
- Subatomic Chicken Sandwich — Crispy breaded chicken breast on a soft roll
- PB&J Flavor Lab: Assemble Your Own Experiment — Smooth peanut butter, strawberry jelly and Pym particle bread. Kids and young lab techs can use a wooden spoon to build their own version of a PB&J.
- Mini Pasta & Impossible Meat-balls — Rigatoni and ditalini pasta, plant-based meatballs, tomato sauce and dairy-free Parmesan served with almond milk yogurt and small DASANI water
- Quantum Pretzel — Weighing in at 453.8 grams, this Bavarian-style pretzel has a sharp cheddar beer sauce and is perfect for sharing with friends.
- (New) Atomic Pretzel — This normal-size (for Disney) pretzel changes flavors seasonally. As of all 2023, it's a pulled pork pretzel.
- Pingo Doce — Refreshing lemon-lime with a vanilla kick! This distinctly green beverage from Avengers lore is available exclusively at Avengers Campus. It's available from the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine. This sweet green drink can best be compared to a vanilla Sprite.
- Proton Punch — Minute Maid Lemonade with berry purée, cherry boba and a grenadine-filled pipette.
- Banana Smoothie
- (New) Witch of Westview's Cold Brew
- The Ooze Cauldron — Filled with Quantum Ooze Cherry
Even the serving vessels and utensils at Pym Test Kitchen do not escape the effects of “Pym Particles.” That makes for a visually fun presentation.
Do not froget the fun novelties, such as the Glowing Pym Particle Capsule, Glowing Pym Particle Disc and Enlarged Pingo Doce soda can.
- Beer Mimosa
- Four Sons Brewing, Surf City Pale Ale
- Flying Embers Hard Kombucha Orange Passion Mimosa
Pym Tasting Lab
Looking for something a little harder? The oversized beer can next door to The Pym Tasting Lab may clue you into what kinds of beverages are available at this location. The Pym Tasting Lab is brewing up cocktail experiments, craft beers with unique beer taps that fill glasses from the bottom up (we ordered a beer just to watch it fill, and it was well worth it!) and Snack Molecules. Here’s a look at the lounge menu (some items have been reinvented, hence the 2.0):
- Popping Particle Punch — Non-alcoholic carbonated pineapple hurricane with Grenadine and flavor bursts.
- (New) R&D Martini — Espresso martini with cereal-infused milk, dark chocolate espresso beans and cereal crumbles (starting May 2, 2023).
- (New) Honey Buzz 2.0 — Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey whiskey, lemonade, and honey syrup with a mint sprig
- X-Periment — Tequila, Minute Maid lime juice, mango and habanero syrups with mango popping pearls
- (New) Honey Fusion 2.0 — Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey whiskey and Elysian Space Dust IPA with lemonade, honey syrup and a mint sprig, Minute Maid lemonade, honey syrup, IPA and a honey straw
- Molecular Meltdown — Marshmallow milk stout and vanilla ice cream topped with miniature marshmallows
- The Regulator — Tequila, Minute Maid lime juice, mango and habanero syrup, wheat ale and mango popping pearls
- Particle Fizz — Passion, Orange Guava Hard Fruit Spritz with seasonal flavored pearls
- Tropical Hurricane Cocktail — Vodka, pineapple Hurricane mix topped with fruit flavor-filled boba
- Various beer
- Hard seltzer
- Hard Kombucha
- Snack Molecules — Mini pretzels, honey-roasted peanuts and sweet and popped sorghum. I guess Red Particles had their way with these snacks. I hope the calories shrunk with the foods too!
- (New) Zarg-Bits — Crispy rice paper, buñuelos corn chips, veggie chips, seasoned roasted pistachio (as of May 5, 2023).
The cocktails come in a souvenir beaker cup.
Beer lovers and super fans can try several drinks with the pint-size mini beer flight. Four tastings are served in mini beer mugs on an oversized ruler. How do these drinks measure up to each other? Let us know what you think. The best part is that you can take the bugs and ruler home with you as a souvenir!
Avengers Campus Food Stands for Snacks and Meals On-the-Go
Terra is a planet in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" films. It’s also known to its inhabitants as Earth. Earthlings are called Terrans. And what do Terrans/human Earthlings almost universally love? Churros! (Prove me wrong.) You’ll find Terran Treats sells sometimes-colorful or flavored churros. There are often seasonal churros. Sometimes churros are straight and sometimes round at this location.
The other treat since opening day is a Cosmic Cream Orb. This crispy cream puff is filled with colorful whipped raspberry cheesecake mousse.
There is a new item, the Type 526: Chocolate-Cherry Pie — It's a chocolate-coated pizza crust, cherry pie filling, and slivered almonds with a chocolate cherry sauce
This stand is located across from Guardians of the Galaxy. Perhaps wait until after you ride Guardians before partaking.
Shawarma Palace (centrally located in the land) and Shawarma Palace Too (between the Hyperion and Guardians)
When the Avengers are ravenous after an epic battle, they’ve been known to refuel at Shawarma Palace. Now you can too (without the battle)! The Avengers convinced Shawarma Palace to open a food stand (or two) on campus. Is there anything Tony Stark cannot accomplish? Hop by the food stand for a chicken or vegetarian version of this wrap.
At Breakfast, there is a plant-based Impossible Breakfast Sha-warm-up. It has plant-based sausage and egg in it and is served with spiced maple syrup.
We tried one of each lunch and dinner shawarma options:
- New York’s Tastiest — Warm chicken wrap with garlic sauce
- Impossible Victory Falafel — Hummus and crusted cauliflower
Both come with a coconut yogurt tahini creamy sauce for dipping. The sauce is so yummy!
Fans will surely notice all of the Avengers memorabilia on the carts. Each cart has different stickers (or newspaper articles) and such.
Avengers Campus Food Novelties
What’s more fun than trying new, themed foods at Disneyland? Acquiring souvenir food and beverage novelties to enjoy at home, such as:
- Glowing Pym Particle Capsule and Glowing Pym Particle Disc — Light up your beverage with a red or blue glowing Pym particle capsule or disc
- Pint-Sized Pints Mini Beer Flight — Oversized ruler flight board with mini beer steins (toadally cool looking, BTW).
- Iron Man's Infinity Gauntlet — A great way to hold your favorite Coca-Cola bottled beverage
- Mighty Thor's Hammer Drink Vessel — Served with Coca-Cola bottled beverage.
- Ooze Cauldron — Filled with Coca-Cola beverage.
- (New) "Milky Fizz" Sipper — Now can order at Shawarma Palace Too, separate from Desert Pear-flavored soda water with cream at Pym Test Kitchen.
- Enlarged Pingo Doce Can or Celebrate: Wakanda Coca-Cola can
You may be able to skip the lines by using Mobile Order to get these items when available. The Shawarma Palace Too at Hyperion sometimes has novelties available on Mobile Order.
These items were originally available but are not currently on menus. We'll leave them here a minute in case they restock:
- Doctor Strange Eye of Agamotto Sipper — Served with Coca-Cola bottled beverage.
- (New) "Milky Fizz" Sipper — Now can order at Shawarma Palace Too, separate from Desert Pear-flavored soda water with cream at Pym Test Kitchen.
- Shuri's Gauntlet — Can order it with a drink or choice of Shawarma
What new Avengers Campus foods are you most excited to try? I know, it's so hard to decide! If you are looking to visit Avengers Campus, you'll need to purchase Disneyland theme park tickets (Pssst ... you can save money on discount Disneyland Resort multi-day tickets through Undercover Tourist) and make a park reservation.