TypePoi | Ride
Height Req.48" (122cm) minimum
HangTime is surf-themed roller coaster In the Boardwalk area of Knott’s Berry Farm. You start out, feet dangling, with a thrilling straight-up vertical climb, and as you crest the hill at 150 feet, you stop and hang, perched at a 60-degree angle over what looks like a disappearing track for 10 seconds. In reality it is the steepest — 96 degree! — drop in California. As you plunge into the wave you’re in for a gnarly ride full of barrels, twists, turns and 5 gravity-defying inversions, reaching speeds of 57 miles per hour. It’s a smooth journey, but the back offers the roughest ride. It’s the second coaster in the Western Hemisphere with a negative-g stall loop. So that’s why you feel like you’re floating! At night this beautiful blue coaster illuminates the Boardwalk area and changes color as the coaster surfs through.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips about HangTime
Frog Family Tips
- Ride in the front car for the best visual and smooth sailing.
- Ride in the back for the roughest and gnarliest ride (you’ll catch air)!
- Ride at night for cool light effects.
- Be ready to smile for the camera near the end!
- Store all loose items in the cubbies before riding.