Los Angeles City Guide
Thinking about a trip to sunny LA? Or maybe you're ready to start planning your visit to Los Angeles? You've come to the right place! Use this as the starting point for your family vacation planning.
As the second-largest city in the United States and one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the world, Los Angeles has an abundance of things to do and see. It is also home to five of the United States' most-visited theme parks, Disneyland® Resort, Universal Studios HollywoodTM, Knott's Berry Farm® and Six Flags® Magic Mountain. Los Angeles sits in a basin along the Pacific Ocean, some 120 miles north of the border of Mexico, and is bounded by the San Gabriel Mountains.
Because of the sheer number of people who visit these theme parks and attractions each year, planning your visit to Los Angeles is absolutely critical. You'll find resources on this page for your Los Angeles planning!
Best Time to VisitMarch through May and September through November; these are the times when there are fewer crowds and the weather is the nicest
What We Love• Celeb spotting!
• Family-friendly beaches and world-class attractions
• Hip eateries, fine dining and destination shopping
• Generally mild temps and year-round special events
Fun Facts About Los Angeles
- The original Hollywood sign said “HOLLYWOODLAND”
- It’s home to the steepest street in California — Eldred Street (take that, San Francisco!)
- Disneyland Resort is home to a number of feral cats — perhaps a couple dozen
- Los Angeles is the largest U.S. city by territory
- The city is home to more than 100 museums
Los Angeles Top Attractions
Los Angeles Top Hotels
Los Angeles Top Tickets