Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- The 2022 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival food menus dropped about a week ahead of the event, giving us some time to look over which foods we'll want to try out! We spy returning favorites such as Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake from The Honey Bee-stro and violet lemonade. And we can't wait to try new food items, including Coconut Tres Leches from La Isla Fresca and the BLT Scone from Cider House. We'll be there on the first day of Flower and Garden next week, so follow along with us on Instagram @themeparkfrog!
- Disney also shared the food menus for Disney California Food and Wine Festival, which is returning after two years, on the opposite coast. The Sip and Savor Pass is back so you can try eight different menu items, including Peanut Butter & Jelly Mac and Old World Aged White Cheddar Lager Soup. Yum!
- We learned more details about this year's Knott's Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival too! The boysenberry festival will run an extra week from March 18 through April 24. There will be more than two dozen new menu items, and also new this year, you can get take-home packaged foods such as spreads, coffee and desserts. For entertainment, "Riverboat Revenge" (a musical comedy melodrama) will debut at Bird Cage Theatre, and several shows including "Snoopy's Boysenberry Jamboree" will return.
- Hoppin' news, spring break and summer Disney World trippers! Between February 25, 2022, and August 7, 2022, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Frozen Ever After and Space Mountain will be included via Disney Genie+ service and will not be included as an individual Lightning Lane selection. Woohoo! To learn more about Genie+, hop over to our full post.
- BIG DISNEYLAND NEWS! We finally know when several nighttime spectaculars will return to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure. On April 22, 2022, the Main Street Electrical Parade and Disneyland Forever make their grand return to Disneyland Park, as well as World of Color at Disney California Adventure. Fantasmic! will follow a few weeks later, starting May 28. Plus, the Main Street Electrical Parade is getting a new grand finale with set pieces representing more than a dozen Disney Animation and Pixar movies.
- Disneyland parking trams are back! Once again, we can hop on from the Mickey and Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures and rest our froggy feet until we reach the main entrance esplanade. Then we can hitch a return ride at the end of the night!
- Peppa Pig Theme Park has officially made its oinktastic debut! The theme park, which is based on the British children's TV series, is designed specifically for tiny tadpoles. It also opened as a Certified Autism Center and has accessible attractions, so no one is left out. Snort and giggle your day away with Peppa and her family and friends. We've got all of the toadally adorable details in our full post!
- Universal Orlando released the first episode of the new Discover Universal Podcast. In the 45-minute episode, learn all about Universal's Islands of Adventure, including an overview of its rides, entertainment and food, as well as some tips.
- And the runners are off! The Disney Princess Half-Marathon Weekend kicked off with sunrise yoga yesterday and continues through the weekend. Yours truly got up at 4 a.m. this morning for the 5K race. I'm sure Leap won't mind me getting cute runDisney merch to commemorate! Now it's time for a nap ...
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.