Due to precautionary measures, many of the Florida and California theme parks have announced temporary closures to limit the spread of the new coronavirus, or COVID-19. Many ski resorts are also affected by temporary closures. International theme park closures are already being lifted and opening to the public, with Shanghai Disney Resort partially resuming operations.
Here's the latest information about the status of the ski resorts, theme parks and resort hotels. We will continue to update as we learn more.
A few important notes: If Walt Disney World extends the theme park and resort closure, any impacted dates will automatically be covered. Your tickets will not lose their value!
- If your Walt Disney World date-based tickets are impacted, your ticket usage window will automatically be extended. You do not need to do anything!
- If your Walt Disney World Resort hotel dates are impacted, we will automatically cancel them for you. You do not need to reach out to us!
We are including helpful information if you have tickets below, but please also refer to our FAQs. If your travel plans are impacted within the next seven days and you do not see your question below, please send us an email at email@example.com with a subject line of "URGENT."
Current Status of Theme Parks and Resort Hotels
- Walt Disney World Resort - All Disney World theme parks are currently closed until further notice.
- Disney owned and operated hotels at Walt Disney World Resort are closed until further notice. Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Resort are closed through the end of the month. Disney's Aulani will close March 24 until March 31.
- Disney Springs in Florida has closed all of the Disney owned and operated locations, including shops and restaurants until further notice. Select restaurants and retail locations at Disney Springs may remain open, and guests should call the location they wish to visit for operating hours. Splitsville Luxury Lanes is closed as of 10 p.m. on March 16.
- Universal Orlando Resort - The theme parks are currently closed temporarily until April 19.
- Universal CityWalk at Universal Orlando will remain closed through April 19. Blue Man Group shows during this timeframe have been canceled.
- Universal Orlando Resort Hotels are closed through April 19. The opening date of Universal's Endless Summer Resort - Dockside Inn & Suites has been postponed.
- SeaWorld Orlando - SeaWorld Orlando is currently closed until further notice.
- Busch Gardens Tampa - Busch Gardens Tampa is currently closed until further notice.
- Legoland Florida Resort - Legoland Florida is currently closed through April 14.
- Discovery Cove - Discovery Cove is currently closed until the end of the month.
- Fun Spot America has closed both Central Florida locations in Orlando and Kissimmee until further notice.
- ICON Park attractions — The Wheel at ICON Park, Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium —have closed until further notice.
- Disneyland Resort - Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park are currently closed until further notice. The resort hotels are also closed.
- Downtown Disney in California has closed all of the Disney owned and operated locations, including shops and restaurants until further notice. All non-Disney restaurants are closed as well.
- Universal Studios Hollywood - Universal Studios Hollywood is currently closed through April 19. Universal CityWalk is also closed through April 19.
- Knott's Berry Farm - Knott’s Berry Farm is currently closed. Knott's Berry Farm Hotel and California Marketplace have also closed. Knott's Berry Farm plans to reopen mid-May or as soon thereafter as possible.
- SeaWorld San Diego - SeaWorld San Diego is currently closed until further notice.
- San Diego Zoo - San Diego Zoo and Safari Park are currently closed until further notice. All tours and group events are cancelled until May 16.
- LEGOLAND California - LEGOLAND California has temporarily closed its theme park, water park, SEA LIFE aquarium and LEGOLAND Hotels through April 15.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line has suspended all new departures, starting March 14 through the end of the month.
- Six Flags announced it would delay the opening or suspend the operations for the following parks through the end of March, at which point it will re-evaluate on a park-by-park basis:
- Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California
- Hurricane Harbor Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona
- Six Flags Over Georgia in Austell, Georgia
- Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Texas
- Frontier City in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Six Flags St. Louis in Eureka, Missouri
- Six Flags America in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark in Lake George, New York
- Shanghai Disney Resort partially resumed operations March 9 at Disneytown, Wishing Star Park and Shanghai Disneyland Hotel. The park remains closed but is in the early stage of a phased reopening.
- Disneyland Paris is closed through the end of the month. The Disney Hotels will remain open until further notice. Disney Village remains open.
- Tokyo Disney Resort will remain closed until early April.
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort remains closed until further notice. Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre remains open.
- Universal Studios Japan plans to reopen March 29.
Helpful Information If You Have Tickets
Walt Disney World Resort tickets don't lose their value. If you have an unused multi-day ticket that has been impacted by the current closures, please see updates below. You will be able to book your FastPass+ reservations on My Disney Experience up to 30 days (or 60 days for on-site guests) in advance of each day of your theme park visit. We recommend using the My Disney Experience website to do this. After you have linked tickets, it may take some time (a few hours up to a few days) before they appear.
- Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a valid use period between March 12, 2020 through the closure will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit before December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date through My Disney Experience.
- For impacted visits, there may be some delay before you see an updated expiration date in My Disney Experience.
- Once your ticket has been automatically extended for use through December 15, you may begin the FastPass+ reservation process for the date(s) of your visit. Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of check-in for their entire length of stay (up to 14 days), while guests staying off-site can make reservations up to 30 days in advance of each day of their theme park visit.
- Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours and Disney Villains After Hours from March 16 through the closure will be automatically refunded.
During the closure, customers with impacted check-in dates between March 20 through March 31 at any Walt Disney World Resort Hotel will automatically be canceled and refunded 100%. You do not need to contact us for this request.
Most Universal Orlando Resort tickets are valid up to 12 months from order date. If you have a promo ticket with “3rd Park Free”, the expiration will change from 5/22/20 to 12/18/20. Please see specific tickets for details.
During the closure, customers with impacted check-in dates between March 20 through April 19 at any Universal Orlando Resort Hotel will automatically be canceled and refunded 100%.
Most LEGO Florida tickets are also valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Please see ticket details for more information.
Most SeaWorld Entertainment (SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens) tickets are valid for one year from date of purchase. If you have a Discovery Cove or other reservation based ticket (Quick Queue, etc.) for a date prior to April 30, 2020, you may reschedule for free for any date prior to December 31, 2021. Other tickets expiring while the park is temporarily closed will be automatically extended by one month.
Most Disneyland Resort theme park tickets are valid through 2022. Please see specific tickets for details.
- Wholly unused promotional Child Tickets will be extended through Dec. 15, 2020. Guests who made their first visit between Feb. 28 and March 13, but did not reach their ticket’s maximum number of uses, will have the 14-day expiration period of their promotional tickets extended to Dec. 15, 2020.
- The expiration date for the promotional Southern California Tickets will be extended day-by-day for each day Disneyland Resort theme parks are closed.
- During the closure, the Hotels of Disneyland Resort will be 100% refunded.
Most Universal Studios Hollywood tickets are valid into 2021. If you have a SoCal promo ticket, the expiration has been extended from April 2, 2020, to December 18, 2020. Please see specific tickets for details.
Legoland California tickets are valid until March 31, 2021.
San Diego Zoo and Safari Park tickets are valid for one year from purchase date.
If you have planned to arrive from a country impacted by a travel ban, we will provide a 100% refund on your tickets. Please contact our customer service team with your order number at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. Thank you for your patience as we work through refunds as quickly as possible.
Current Status of Ski Resorts
Many ski resorts are suspending operations throughout North America.
Vail Resorts is closing its North American resorts for the 2019-2020 ski season. The company will consider reopening Breckenridge, Heavenly and Whistler Blackcomb in late April/early May dependent on the situation with CoVid-19 and weather conditions.
Additionally, the company’s owned and operated lodging properties will close on Friday, March 20, with final check-ins allowed until 4 p.m. MT Tuesday, March 17. Epic Mountain Express, the Company’s Colorado transportation service, will run through tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18. Both will remain closed until further notice.
The following Vail Resorts are affected:
- Beaver Creek
- Park City
- Whistler Blackcomb
Alterra Mountain Company is closed as of March 15 until further notice.
The following Alterra Mountain Company ski resorts are affected:
- Aspen Snowmass
- Big Bear Mountain Resort
- Blue Mountain
- CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia
- Crystal Mountain in Washington
- Deer Valley Resort
- June Mountain
- Mammoth Mountain
- Solitude Mountain
- Snow Summit
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
- Winter Park
We have taken care of hundreds of millions of families for over 20 years and we will continue to do that now. Please bear with us as we work through all the updates coming to our team right now.