Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Love is in the air at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts! As Valentine's Day draws near, Disney Parks will offer delectable delights and "love potions," specifically concocted to keep guests on cloud nine. Serving up sweets until Feb. 28, Disneyland offers savory dishes, as well as desserts dressed in red and pink and topped with love, such as the Chocolate-Strawberry Funnel Cake and Sweetheart Sundae. At Disney World, guests can eat to their heart's content, enjoying treats such as the Wild About Mousse and Beauty and the Beast Cake.
- In honor of Black History Month, limited-time Celebrate Soulfully offerings are hoppening at Disneyland and Disney World. On the West Coast, enjoy "Celebrate Gospel," a series of Gospel performances by award-winning singers, recording artists and choir groups. Over on the East Coast, be on the lookout for special menu items, such as Tiana's Mardi Gras Shake and Soulful Sunday Dinner.
- More character experiences have landed at Disney's Hollywood Studios, including Goofy, Max, Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl. You can check appearance times in the My Disney Experience app!
- The EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival is blooming with great, new music this year! The Garden Rocks Concert Series is returning to the festival starting March 3, featuring sounds from iconic musicians such as Smash Mouth, the Plain White T's and Kool and the Gang. These rockin' performances mark the perfect thyme to sip on a fresh beverage and enjoy the spring!
- It's a hoppening season in LEGOLAND parks! As of next month, all LEGOLAND Resorts across the country will achieve Certified Autism Center status. Special employee training, as well as sensory-friendly signage, will be implemented in each LEGOLAND park to create a welcoming environment for all! In even more frogtastic news, LEGOLAND California is building a version of its hometown, San Diego, in Miniland U.S.A — set to open in spring.
- The show must go on! Disney Live Entertainment is officially holding auditions for a new, musical spectacular coming to Disneyland Resort this summer. The limited-run theatrical production, written by Tony-nominee Hunter Bell with music by Grammy-winner Christopher Lennertz, will debut in the Hyperion Theater in Disney California Adventure. Stay tuned for all the frogciting, future updates on this show!
- Hoppiness is a warm puppy this month at Knott's Berry Farm! The PEANUTS Celebration is in full swing at the park, with Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the gang parading and playing around until Feb. 26. This year's event allows guests to rock out at Woodstock's music festival and take photos with the crew in front of comic strip backdrops — as well as experience new, out-of-this-world entertainment, such as "Charlie Brown's Trivia Challenge" and "To the Moon: Snoopy Soars with NASA." Hop to our guide for an overview of all the fun the PEANUTS Celebration offers.
- Runners, get on your mark. More details and prices for the runDisney Disneyland Half-Marathon Weekend have been released. The race's theme will celebrate classic characters and mid-century Disney nostalgia, including Goofy, Dumbo and, of course, Mickey and Minnie. There will also be a brand-new, early-morning yoga offering. General registration begins Feb. 14, 2023! In other runDisney news, "Encanto" has been announced as the theme for the 2023 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend at Disney World.
- It's time to get jazzy at the Universal Orlando Resort Mardi Gras: International Flavors of Carnaval event! The festival begins Feb. 4, combining the best of New Orleans-style music and global Carnaval celebrations. This year, Mardi Gras boasts a unique menu filled with mouthwatering eats, such as the Baja Shrimp Ceviche Tostada and Dirty Cauliflower Rice. Now that's soul food! In another toadally exciting update, the beloved Tribute Store recently reopened at a new location in the Hollywood area of Universal Studios Florida under a reimagined Mardi Gras theme specifically for the celebration.
- The delicious (and distinguished!) Earl of Sandwich restaurant reopened Feb. 1 in a temporary location at the heart of Downtown Disney. The return is part of a long-term renovation of the popular sandwich shop, which is set to be completed in the near future! In the meantime, leap over to our list of all the other delightful Downtown Disney eateries.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.