Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
- A beloved cultural hub in Knott’s Berry Farm, the Fiesta Village area officially reopens to the public today, May 26! The land, inspired by the deeply-rooted Hispanic heritage in Southern California, returns as an even larger celebration of culture than it once was. The revamped space features colorful decorations, two brand-new eateries, a nighttime street party titled “Calle Celebración” and a shopping plaza.
- Disney H2O Glow After Hours is lighting up summer nights at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park once again. This splashin' event takes place once the sun goes down, but the waves don't stop! And it's not the only After Hours event taking place this summer — Disney After Hours at EPCOT begins next week, and Disney After Hours at Hollywood Studios continues on. (Psst ... you can save on After Hours tickets through us frogs!)
- Are you in your Mermaid Era? In honor of the release of "The Little Mermaid" live-action film, Disney Parks are celebrating with meet-and-greets with Ariel, as portrayed in the new movie, at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Plus, there are fintastic food and beverage offerings, special merchandise, PhotoPass opportunities and more!
- Taste the rainbow at Disney Parks this June — to celebrate Pride Month, both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort will offer specialty eats and treats of all colors. Throughout the month of June, guests can taste several vibrant sips and snacks, including Pride cinnamon rolls, Mickey Pride cookies and color-changing cocktails. YUM!
- This summer the party is heating up at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay! During Summer Nights, which runs from May 26 to Aug. 6, guests can explore the park after dark with extended park hours. Dance the night away at themed party zones throughout the park, take on the park’s top thrill rides and vibe to electrifying entertainment throughout the night, including a nighttime firework spectacular and an acrobatic show titled “Cirque Electric.” Up until July 20, all park guests over the age of 21 can enjoy one complimentary 7 oz. beer.
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel continues to undergo a transformation into the only fully Pixar-themed hotel in the United States, The Pixar Place Hotel. The rethemed hotel will open to guests this winter. The 15-story, high-rise hotel overlooking Disney California Adventure Park will contain colorful, contemporary Pixar designs, as well as an all-new water play area inspired by “Finding Nemo.” This pool area will be open to guests in the summer, acting as the perfect place for the tadpoles to frolic and splash!
- New summertime bites are now available at Walt Disney World Resort! The culinary teams at Disney Parks are adding new delights for guests to cool off and indulge in this summer. Providing the freshest and most exciting flavors, guests can enjoy a variety of special treats throughout the resort and its hotels. Taste the sweet Strawberry Shortcake Croissant Roll at Disney's Boardwalk or the Pineapple Crisp Sundae at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. The possibilities are endless!
- Hang ten on the world’s first surf coaster at SeaWorld Orlando! Opening to the public on May 27, the Pipeline coaster launches guests 110 feet in the air at 60 mph. Serving as the park’s seventh rollercoaster, the track’s banks and curves, as well as the coaster’s aerodynamic seating, simulate the feeling of riding a gnarly wave!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.