Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- All aboard! Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway is now open at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Conductor Goofy is taking passengers on a zany ride into the new Mickey Mouse cartoon short, "Perfect Picnic," where mouse rules apply. We were so excited to be at the attraction's dedication ceremony and take a ride (woot, woot!). You can see a recap of the dedication ceremony here. Or, take a first look at the ride (the very first to feature Mickey and Minnie!) in the video below!
- And if you're ready to ride Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway in style, don't miss out on this colorful ear hat designed by Disney Imagineer Kevin Rafferty, Executive Creative Director for the attraction! The latest release from the Disney Parks Designer Collection is available at select locations around Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs, Disney's Animal Kingdom, EPCOT and Magic Kingdom! Did we mention it lights up? Need!
- Speaking of colorful ear hats, we've rounded up all the fresh and fun spring merch we've spotted recently in the parks. From rad rainbows to the popular Ink & Paint, there is SO ... MUCH ... MERCH! So don't froget to pick up a new Spirit Jersey, MagicBand, rain jacket or jewels on your next trip.
- We toadally love getting all of our Disney PhotoPass vacation pics when we get home from a Walt Disney World trip! If you're anything like us, reliving those special moments is magical, but the downloading process is, well, not. Disney World has made it easier than ever to enjoy those photos by launching a USB option for those using Memory Maker (or Annual Passholders with Memory Maker benefits). The Disney PhotoPass Archive USB holds all of the photos and videos viewable in your Disney account at the time of purchase, and will then be shipped straight to your door for $34.95, plus tax and shipping. Just be sure to order the USB before your photos (or Annual Pass) expire. Cool!
- Is there a more perfect character to host a scavenger hunt than Dory? We don't think so! A new scavenger hunt through The Seas with Nemo & Friends debuted at EPCOT, and it's toadally free (and a-dory-ble)! The complimentary booklet for Finding Dory's Friends (found on the first floor of the pavilion) includes stickers, rhyming puzzles and a series of clues to help Dory remember and spot her marine friends throughout the exhibits. What a fun activity for tadpoles!
- Last week, we teased the delicious eats to come at this year's EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival ... and now, they can be yours! Flower and Garden runs now through June 1, 2020. Don't froget to check out our full guide to see all that's blooming for 2020's festival!
- Psst ... we are food-loving froggies, and let's just say that you definitely want to check out this tease of the new food and drinks available at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites when the value hotel opens March 17. From a twist on avocado toast for breakfast featuring pico de gallo that is toadally vegan, to The Dockworker Wrap, pictured above, with pastrami, swiss cheese, coleslaw and french fries, we may just try everything on the menu. And don't get us started on the resort's signature drinks! Count us in for the resort's signature cocktail, the Endless Summer Lemonade (vodka with lemon) and the resort's craft beer, Sunset Blonde (mango blonde ale). Are you drooling yet?
- Starting March 20, guests visiting Disney Parks can catch a sneak peek of Disney’s new live action film, “Mulan!” The preview will be shown in the Tomorrowland Theater at Disneyland park, as part of the Walt Disney Presents attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and aboard Disney Cruise Line during select sailings in late March. Plus, “Mulan” will also be featured in the nighttime projection show, “Disney Movie Magic.” That's right, "Disney Movie Magic" will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a limited run beginning March 13!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.