Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Maybe we frogs are a bit biased, but we love that we can get up close and personal with so many animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park! Over the last few years, there have been major changes afoot to transform this exotic park that celebrates life and nature into a full day- and night-time destination. With the arrival of Pandora – The World of Avatar, Disney has done just that! Of course, more great rides and experiences mean more people will visit!
Luckily, with at least a little tadbit of planning, it's possible to experience the best of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park in one day, with time to explore the animal exhibits, amazingly themed shops and restaurants—all with an Asian, African and American flavor.Read our guide to Disney with Young Kids See all things to do and park plan
Today's Key Showtimes
Festival of the Lion King
Please check the official website as showtimes may vary.
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Attractions, Restaurants & Park Plan
Frog Family Priority Attractions
- Kilimanjaro Safaris® Expedition
- Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®
- Na’vi River Journey
- Avatar Flight of Passage
Hotels Near Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Skip the Lines Information for Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
You'll feel just like us frogs, having more fun and hopping around with less wait, if you use our tips for navigating Walt Disney World® Resort.
Guests will find the shortest wait times by arriving ahead of official park opening and in the last few hours before the park closes.
Doing a little bit of planning at the outset, whether you want a full park plan or you just identify a few of your priorities, can mean the difference between a good time and a great time. To make the most of your time at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, follow these tips:
- Decide in advance where you want to go. We offer a list of all of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park's attractions, as well as key ride details and on-ride video, so you can get an idea of what you want to do. Make planning your trip a family affair, and let everyone pick a couple of rides that are must-dos.
- Pick the best day to visit. Use our Crowd Calendar to identify the best dates to visit the Walt Disney World® Resort. Then once you've got your dates, try to pick a green day to visit Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
- Download our Orlando planning app. It offers key showtimes, crowd levels, wait times and the optimal time to visit each attraction.
- Arrive before Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park opens. The first few hours are the least busy times in the park, and you can experience a lot more when crowds are low.
- Experience the most popular rides with the lowest durarations first. You can follow one of our Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Park Plans or customize your own. If you aren't a family of early risers of you want more flexibility than a park plan offers, use our general map to decide which rides to visit at any given time.
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Maps
Park MapDownload Park Map
Top Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Videos and Photos
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Tips and General Information
Physically the largest of the Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is nestled in a lush, jungle-like setting. Home to more than 250 species, the world's largest animal theme park provides an up-close glimpse of the care and conservation of more than 1,700 animals. Explorers will find entertainment and a number of attractions set among the lush jungles, islands and camps, African savannahs, Himalaya mountainside and oversized fossil dig.
Much like Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park is set up in a spoke and hub formation, with the majestic Tree of Life® at the center. Take the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch, and watch as veterinarians treat the park's animals or get hands on with the goats and pigs inside the petting zoo.
At the most picturesque locations around the park, including the Tree of Life, you’ll find Disney photographers ready to capture your magical moments. After they take your picture, you can have them tap your MagicBand or swipe your park ticket. The pictures can be purchased after your trip online, or you can purchase the Memory Maker package in advance of your trip for even greater savings.
We offer a full list of the park's quick service and table service restaurants. For a table-service meal, Advance Dining Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 60 days in advance of your trip online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463). You can also make priority seating arrangements when you arrive at the Park at either Guest Relations or the desired eatery.
You'll find a list of the park's attractions under Things to Do, where you can discover which attractions you and your family are most interested in, see current wait times for that attraction and height requirements.
Tickets for Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Disney will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.It's as easy as 1-2-3!