There's nothing like making precious memories on vacation! However, we know the hassle all too well when it comes to capturing those memories — either someone in your party gets left out of a Kodak moment ... or you have to ask a stranger to get a shot with everyone in it. Luckily, Universal Orlando Resort has the perfect solution. My Universal Photos allows you to capture picture-perfect moments during your vacation, view them for months to come and share those epic experiences with your friends and family back home. Sound intriguing? Keep reading! Here's everything you need to know about My Universal Photos.
Our Ultimate Guide to My Universal Photos
Purchase Your Preferred Package
Whether you're screaming your face off on a rip-roaring, high-speed coaster or coming face-to-face with beloved cinematic icons, there are three different packages to choose from that help you bring the memories and magic of your vacation home with you:
- 1-Day Photo Package: This package gives you one full day of photos at Universal's Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Volcano Bay with exclusive pricing on park photo prints and unlimited digital downloads. It also includes a My Universal Photos-themed lanyard and card, discounts on photo gift products both in-park and online, as well as one 4×6 and one 5×7 photo print at the time of purchase. This package is exclusively available online.
- 3-Day Photo Package: This option allows up to three consecutive days of photos in all three parks beginning on the day you pick up your My Universal Photos lanyard and card. You also receive one free 5×7 print in a folder, one free 4×6 print valid in-park or online, $5 5x7 or $10 8x10 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations and $2 4x6 prints at participating My Universal Photos locations. This package also includes unlimited digital downloads of your photos, a My Universal Photos-themed lanyard and card and discounts on photo gift products both in-park or online. When purchasing this package online, you save $10 versus purchasing it in the park.
- 1-Day Photo Package at Volcano Bay: If you’re just looking for a slice of Waturi paradise, this package is for you. With your one day of photos at Universal’s Volcano Bay, you get unlimited digital downloads. When purchasing this package online, you save $10 versus purchasing it in the park.
You can still purchase photos individually but that can quickly get expensive. The photo packages are absolutely worth it for the options and discounts they offer!
Have a Frogtastic Day
Once you've ordered your package, bring your confirmation email to either a will-call window at the front gate, On Location at Universal Studios in Production Central, DeFoto's Expedition Photography at Islands of Adventure in the Port of Entry or Waturi Marketplace or Krakatoa Katy's at Volcano Bay. A team member will distribute your lanyard and photo card and explain where all of the participating photo locations are in the respective park. For reference, the locations at Universal Studios are:
- On Location (park entrance photos)
- E.T.'s Toy Closet & Photo Spot (photo-ops with E.T.)
- MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack (ride photo)
- Revenge of the Mummy (ride photo)
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (ride photo)
- Meet The TRANSFORMERS (character meet-and-greet across from TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D)
- Back to the Future Selfie-Post (selfie station next to the famous DeLorean at the intersection of Springfield and Woody Woodpecker's KidZone)
- The Dark Room Photo Studio (selfie station located between Schwab's Pharmacy and Williams of Hollywood Prop Shop)
Photo locations at Islands of Adventure are:
- DeFotos Expedition Photography (park entrance photos)
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (character meet-and-greet inside the Marvel Alterniverse Store)
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster (ride photo)
- Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (ride photo)
- Jurassic Park River Adventure (ride photo)
- Spinosaurus Selfie Post in Jurassic Park (selfie station next to the iconic Jeep across from The Watering Hole)
- Raptor Encounter Photo-Op in Jurassic Park (professional photo with Blue the raptor)
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (ride photo)
- Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (ride photo)
Photo locations at Volcano Bay are:
- Krakatau Aqua Coaster
- Ohyah of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides
- Ohno of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides
- Tonga of Taniwha Tubes
- Raki of Taniwha Tubes
- Punga Racers
- Honu of Honu ika Moana
- Ika Moana of Honu ika Moana
- Family Selfie-Post
- Volcano Selfie-Post
- Hug-A-Mo Selfie-Post
- Splash and Snap Selfie-Post™
- Waturi Marketplace — photo sales counter
- Krakatau Katy’s — photo kiosk
Whenever you see a professional photographer, just hand them your photo card and they'll scan it. If you want to keep a ride photo, after the team member pulls up your photo or when you locate it at a kiosk, scan your card to save it. If you're at a selfie station, scan your card, stand where directed and smile!
Share Your Photos Freely
At any point before, during or after your visit, register an account on the My Universal Photos website. Here, you can browse your park photos (which have been uploaded automatically), share them easily on social networks, access your photos from your phone, download your favorites, get discounts on in-park photo prints and order customized photo souvenirs online. If you already have your photo card, just type in the redemption code located underneath the QR code on the back of the card. These photos last on this website for a whole year!
That just about covers it! What's your favorite photo location? Let me know in the comments below!
Related: Top 10 PhotoPass Stops You Won't Want to Miss at Disney World