Universal Studios Florida® 1-Day Touring Plan
The Frog Family follows a general touring plan when we visit Universal's Islands of Adventure®
If you are like us and will be traveling with little ones, we suggest navigating the park by area and experiencing the most popular attractions with the shortest durations when crowds are lowest. By and large, Universal's Islands of Adventure®
has more short attractions than long ones, but when the park is relatively empty, you don’t want to find yourself watching a 30-minute show! For the lowest wait times at Universal's Islands of Adventure®:
- Plan which day and park to visit using our Crowd Calendar.
- Stay at any one of Universal Orlando®'s hotels (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort) for one hour of early access to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and free Universal Express℠ Unlimited ride access (available at all Universal Orlando® hotels except Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort) during the busiest times. (Early Park Admission begins one hour prior to regular scheduled park opening to one Universal Orlando® Resort theme park as determined by Universal Orlando® Resort.)
- Consider purchasing Universal Express℠ Pass (skip the line access) if you are visiting on a busy day.
- Arrive at Universal's Islands of Adventure® before the official opening.
- Ride the most popular attractions with the shortest durations first (download our wait-times app before you leave home).
Universal's Islands of Adventure® Overview
Harry Potter fans and families with teenagers will love Universal's Islands of Adventure®
. There are an abundance of thrill rides, including serious coasters in Incredible Hulk Coaster®
and Dragon Challenge™
, and the incredibly well-done The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®
. For families with younger children, there is still plenty to see and experience within the park, especially the water rides Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls®
and Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges®
. For toddlers, Seuss Landing™ is a Dr. Seuss book come to life in color and landscape, with the very best play area of any theme park we’ve encountered in If I Ran the Zoo™
, and a number of tot-friendly attractions.
Universal's Islands of Adventure®
typically opens about half an hour ahead of the official opening, and we recommend you take advantage of this by arriving at least 45 minutes ahead of time. You’ll begin your journey inside the Port of Entry® and then hop around the various “islands” scattered about the lagoon.
We recommend staying on-site at one of the Universal Orlando® Resort hotels and begin your journey in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Hogsmeade™, since it's easily the most crowded area of Universal's Islands of Adventure®
. Potter fans will want to spend time soaking up the magic, having the perfect wand claim them at Ollivander’s™, sampling a cauldron cake at Honeydukes™ or enjoying a pint of Butterbeer™ at Three Broomsticks™. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
is the park’s headliner, a spectacular journey in which guests board an “enchanted bench” that takes them on a flight through Hogwarts™ Castle and beyond. The area’s other three attractions, Flight of the Hippogriff™
, Dragon Challenge™
and the newly opened Hogwarts™ Express - Hogsmeade™
, don’t see nearly as high of waits.A word about Universal Express℠:
Most all of Universal's Islands of Adventure®
’s attractions offer Universal Express℠, or skip the lines access. The exceptions are Pteranodon Flyers®
and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, the latter of which instead offers a single-rider line. Single rider lines are typically faster than even Universal Express℠, so consider splitting up when wait times are at their highest. Universal's Islands of Adventure® Attractions with a Single Rider's Line
1-Day Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™ Touring Plan
We’ve created this one-day touring plan for Universal's Islands of Adventure® so you can experience the most popular attractions with the lowest waits. This plan assumes you do not have Universal Express, are entering the park ahead of official opening and finishing in the evening. If you are staying at a Universal Orlando® Resort hotel, we recommend taking advantage of Early Park Admission to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter when crowds are at their absolute lowest, with the option to revisit it in the evening or end your day in Seuss Landing™. Because the Hogwarts™ Express - Hogsmeade™ requires a Park-to-Park ticket, we have not included it in this one-day plan.
- Ride Incredible Hulk Coaster®
- Ride The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®
- Ride Doctor Doom's Fearfall®
- Ride Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls®
- Ride Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges®
- Have lunch at Comic Strip Cafe or Thunder Falls Terrace at 11:45 a.m.
- Ride Jurassic Park River Adventure®
- Visit Camp Jurassic®
- Visit The Mystic Fountain
- Watch Poseidon's Fury®
- Ride Caro-Seuss-el™
- Ride One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™
- Ride The Cat in the Hat™
- Ride The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™
- Have dinner at Mythos or Three Broomsticks
- Ride Dragon Challenge™
- Ride Flight of the Hippogriff™
- Ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
Universal Orlando® Resort 2-Day Park-to-Park Touring Plan
A word about Universal Express℠:
Most all of Universal Orlando’s attractions offer Universal Express, or skip the lines access. The exceptions are Pteranodon Flyers® and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts in Universal Studios Florida. Single rider lines are typically faster than even Universal Express, so consider splitting up when wait times are at their highest. Universal Studios Florida® Attractions with A Single Rider's Line