We have been so hoppin' excited to ride our favorite rides and nosh our top Disneyland snacks at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure! Almost all of the rides have reopened, though a couple will return at a later date. The majority of restaurants are now open (including all character dining!), which is why we regularly update these lists! It makes us so hoppy to move items from the closed list to the open list. More and more entertainment is being added, including the return of parades (first during the Oogie Boogie Bash and then for all Disneyland Park guests at Holiday Time). Disney Junior Live on Stage is back as the first indoor live show to return.
The good news is that most of our favorite attractions are open at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure! Plus we have hopped by locations that were listed as closed on the Disneyland app only to find that they were already open. We've adjusted our lists based on what we've seen in the parks rather than on the Disneyland site. Yay! Disneyland is feeling more "normal" every day.
It may not be an official attraction, but the parking tram from the parking structure was always our first ride of the day. While it's been closed, we have wished for its return, especially after a long day in the parks as we walk the tram route back to the parking structures. Well, the walk is almost over — the parking trams will return in early 2022! Our flippers are doing their hoppy dance over this news.
What Is Open at Disneyland Resort Now That the Theme Parks Have Reopened?
Disneyland is now open! Hip, hop, hooray! Hours have steadily increased. You can always find the most updated hours in the Disneyland app and on the Disneyland site. Keep in mind that both parks generally open earlier than stated (usually 20 to 30 minutes early). The parks once again have rope drop. Parking lots open an hour before the posted theme park opening time.
We already know that the following services will be unavailable at both parks for some time:
- Extra Magic Hour
- Magic Morning
FASTPASS and MaxPass
What about FASTPASS and MaxPass? You may have heard the big news. Both of these services have been retired. They will be replaced with a new optional paid service called Genie+ in fall 2021. The new Genie+ will be similar to MaxPass with a few differences. FASTPASS entrances are renamed as Lightning Lanes (Ka-chow!). Hop over to our complete guide to Disney Genie for all of the details.
Also note: Single Rider lines are back, if you wish to cut time in line but don't want to pay for Genie+.
You can find out more about Disneyland reopening guidelines, dates and safety information in our Disneyland reopening post. In order to visit a theme park, you'll need a park ticket to a specific park AND a park reservation. Our super hopful guide to Disneyland's new reservation system will take you through the process of making Disneyland reservations.
But what about rides, restaurants entertainment, experiences and dining packages? What is open at Disneyland? Let’s take a look.
What Is Open at Disneyland Park?
Here are the rides and attractions, restaurants and experiences that are open at Disneyland Park. You can hop over to our post on what to know when visiting Disneyland at this time for more information. Keep in mind that more and more restaurants and experiences are opening up every day. Woohoo!
Rides and Attractions Open at Disneyland Park
- Alice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbitor
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Disney Gallery
- Disneyland Railroad
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Fantasyland Fruit Cart
- Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise (with new scenes)
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Cinema
- Main Street Vehicles
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Disneyland Monorail
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish (new!)
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (operating with a virtual queue)
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Tarzan’s Treehouse
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Restaurants Open at Disneyland Park (and scheduled for reopening soon)
You can stuff your face with your favorite Disneyland food and treats at these locations (a few are Mobile Order only, so order ahead of time):
- Alien Pizza Planet (mobile order available)
- Bengal Barbecue (mobile order available)
- Blue Bayou
- Café Orleans
- Candy Palace (mobile order available)
- Carnation Café
- Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
- Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo (mobile order available)
- Edelweiss Snacks (mobile order available)
- French Market Restaurant (mobile order available)
- Galactic Grill (mobile order available)
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (mobile order available)
- Harbour Galley (mobile order available)
- Hungry Bear Restaurant (mobile order available)
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café (mobile order available)
- Kat Saka's Kettle (now with banana popcorn)
- Little Red Wagon (mobile order available)
- Market House
- Maurice's Treats
- Milk Stand (mobile order available)
- Mint Julep Bar (mobile order available)
- Oga's Cantina
- Plaza Inn
- Plaza Inn — Minnie & Friends Breakfast
- Pooh Corner (mobile order available)
- Pretzels at "small world" Promenade, Star Tours and Ship to Shore Marketplace
- Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
- Red Rose Taverne (mobile order available; breakfast returned)
- Refreshment Corner (mobile order available)
- River Belle Terrace
- Ronto Roasters (mobile order available)
- Ship to Shore Marketplace (has Mickey pretzels, chimichangas, smoked turkey legs, produce, pickles, frozen lemonade and more)
- Stage Door Café (mobile order available)
- The Golden Horseshoe (mobile order available)
- The Tropical Hideaway
- Tiki Juice Bar (mobile order available and may be mobile order only)
- Tropical Imports
- Vending carts such as churros, ice cream, hot foods, snacks and popcorn
Keep in mind that some dining experiences will be modified, limited in capacity and subject to closure. Menus may be limited. You can check menus ahead of time online or in the Disneyland app to see what's available. We have seen more normal menus beginning to return in September, although not all menus are the same as before the closure. Some things are not back yet, but that leaves room for new items. FYI: The Golden Horseshoe now has mozzarella sticks, and breakfast chimichangas are back at Ship to Shore Marketplace!
You can make reservations for all table-service restaurants now (we recommend planning ahead 60 days in advance). You can also join the Walk-Up List at times through the Disneyland app.
Entertainment Available at Disneyland
Compared to what we are used to at Disneyland, there will be limited entertainment on a smaller scale. This is to prevent crowds from gathering. Here are the experiences that are available:
- Dapper Dans
- VIP Tours (additional cost, and must be reserved in advance)
- Droid Depot (once again taking reservations; subject to availability)
- Savi’s Workshop Handbuilt Lightsabers (reservation required)
- Surprise character sightings
- Fireworks select nights and projection shows each night at Disneyland
- Disneyland Band
- Pearly Band
- The Bootstrappers in New Orleans Square
- Flag Retreat Ceremony
- Surprise character cavalcades! Two different cavalcades are now making their way down Main Street, U.S.A. and the parade route. They are not on the schedule, so ask a cast member when to expect them. We've caught them in the early to late afternoon at 12:15 p.m., 2:15 p.m. for Mickey and Friends (in Halloween costumes through Oct. 31), and at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. for Frozen.
What Is Closed at Disneyland Park?
The following rides/attractions, restaurants and entertainment are closed at Disneyland Park for now.
Closed Rides and Attractions at Disneyland Park
Keep in mind that we have found attractions listed as closed in the app actually open, so Disneyland is slowly reopening all attractions.
- Donald’s Boat (look for characters here)
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (reopening winter 2021)
- Goofy’s Playhouse (look for characters here)
- Mickey's House (look for characters here)
- Minnie's House (look for characters here)
- Pixie Hollow, although we caught up with Tink for a photo just outside!
- Star Wars Launch Bay (the sign says it's coming soon!)
Closed Restaurants at Disneyland Park
- Daisy’s Diner
- Pluto’s Dog House
- Royal Street Veranda
- Troubadour Tavern
- Dining packages and experiences, such as Fantasmic! Dining Packages, Plaza Inn Dining Packages and Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience
Unavailable Entertainment/Tours/Experiences at Disneyland Park
You can usually check the entertainment calendar to get a sense of what to expect prior to your visit. These shows and experiences will not be returning soon (but fireworks returned July 4, and the Disneyland Band is back!):
- Magic Happens parade (but A Christmas Fantasy Parade returns Nov. 12, 2021)
- Mickey and the Magical Map
- Storytelling at Royal Theater (hop by for some distanced character meet and greets!)
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (only the shop is open)
- Tours such as Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour, The Grand Circle Tour, "Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort" Guided Tour or "Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps" Guided Tour
- Personal character meet and greets (but we have had so much fun with the characters in spite of this!)
What Is Open at Disney California Adventure Park?
The following rides and attractions, restaurants, entertainment and experiences are open at Disney California Adventure. As an extra bit of pixie dust, popular items from A Touch of Disney — 1/2 Monte Cristo, Brisket Mac and Cheese and S’mores Shake — are available at Smokejumpers Grill! You can hop over to our post on what to expect when visiting Disney California Adventure at this time.
Rides and Attractions Open at Disney California Adventure Park
- Animation Academy
- Avengers Campus
- The Boudin Bakery Tour
- Golden Zephyr
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (a new "Coco" scene has been added)
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure (accessible only via virtual queue)
Restaurants Available at Disney California Adventure Park
These restaurants are open (but a few may be Mobile Order only, so order before you get hungry):
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners (mobile order available)
- Bayside Brews (mobile order available)
- Bong Bong's Sweet Stuff
- Cappuccino Cart - Gourmet Coffee now selling Joffrey's Coffee (mobile order available)
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Carthay Circle Restaurant Dining Room
- Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (mobile order available)
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (mobile order available)
- Corn Dog Castle (mobile order available)
- Cozy Cone Motel – Cones 1-3, 5 (Churros, Ice Cream, Cone-coctions, Popcone) (mobile order available)
- Fairfax Market
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
- Fillmore’s Taste-in
- Flo’s V8 Cafe (mobile order available)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Hollywood Lounge (mobile order available)
- Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums
- Lamplight Lounge — Boardwalk Dining (walk-up only through the app)
- Lamplight Lounge (brunch now offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Lucky Fortune Cookery (mobile order available)
- Magic Key Terrace (opens Aug. 25 for Magic Key holders and their guests — walk-up only)
- Mendocino Terrace
- Pacific Wharf Cafe (mobile order available)
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co. (mobile order available, including Mickey Mouse pretzel and cheese)
- Paradise Garden Grill (mobile order available)
- Poultry Palace
- Pym Tasting Lab (mobile order only)
- Pym Test Kitchen (mobile order available — order in advance)
- Rita’s Baja Blenders (mobile order available, including hotdogs)
- Schmoozies! (mobile order available)
- Señor Buzz Churros
- Shawarma Palace
- Shawarma Place Too
- Smokejumpers Grill (mobile order available)
- Sonoma Terrace (mobile order available)
- Studio Catering Co. (mobile order available)
- Terran Treats
- Trolley Treats (mobile order available)
- Vending carts for popcorn, churros, hot foods, snacks and ice cream
- Wine Country Trattoria
Keep in mind that some dining experiences will be modified, limited in capacity and subject to closure. Menus are more limited. You can look at menus ahead of time online or on the Disneyland app.
You can make reservations for Carthay Circle dining room, Carthay Circle Lounge — Alfresco Dining, Carthay Circle Dining Room, Lamplight Lounge, Alfresco Tasting Terrace and Wine Country Trattoria. Only Legacy Passholders may reserve Magic Key Terrace. If you cannot get a reservation at a restaurant, you can also join the Walk-Up List at times through the Disneyland app.
Entertainment Available at Disney California Adventure Park
- Disney Junior Live on Stage
- Surprise character sightings
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (a new "Coco" scene has been added)
- Games of Pixar Pier
- Several shows in Avengers Campus (see entertainment calendar for shows and times)
- Five & Dime
- Character cavalcades on the hour between Silly Symphony Swings and the main entrance to Pixar Pier
- Operation: Playtime! — featuring the Green Army Patrol
What Is Closed at Disney California Adventure Park?
Closed Rides at Disney California Adventure Park
The good news is that most major rides and attractions are open! The following rides and attractions are temporarily closed:
- Red Car Trolley
- The Blue Sky Cellar
Closed Restaurants at Disney California Adventure Park
These restaurants and dining experiences are closed at Disney California Adventure:
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
- World of Color Dining Package
- World of Color Dessert Party
Entertainment That Is Not Available at Disney California Adventure Park
Large shows and nighttime spectaculars will not be returning in the near future. You can usually check the entertainment calendar to get a sense of what is on the schedule. You can look up the hours for individual shows in Avengers Campus in the Disneyland app.
The following shows are closed for now:
- Frozen — Live at the Hyperion
- World of Color
Disneyland Hotels and Hotel Dining
The Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel and Disneyland Hotel are all open!
Hotel guests may enjoy delivery service from select Downtown Disney restaurants. Guests of all Disneyland Resort hotels can scan QR codes from their in-room TV to access the links to the restaurants’ delivery webpages to order food and beverages that can be delivered to Disneyland Resort hotel lobbies.
The following hotel dining experiences are available for guests of the Grand Californian:
- GCH Craftsman Bar (online reservations available)
- GCH Craftsman Grill (mobile order available)
- Napa Rose (open now for dinner; online reservations available)
- Napa Rose — Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures
- Storytellers Café (Character dining has returned with Mickey's Tale of Adventure Breakfast daily and brunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The characters do not appear during dinner.)
The Disneyland Hotel offers the following dining experiences:
- Goofy's Kitchen (characters have returned)
- Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar (now takes reservations)
- Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill (mobile order available)
- The Coffee House
As part of the resort's phased reopening, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel does not have food and beverage offerings initially. Paradise Pier Hotel guests can take advantage of dining opportunities in Downtown Disney, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.
Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55 and Paradise Pier Hotel's PCH Grill are both permanently closing. No announcement for their replacements has been made.
Do you have any other questions about what's open at Disneyland? As more information is released, we will continue to update this list of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure openings and closures. If you are looking for a hoppin' deal on Disneyland Resort tickets, you can save some money when buying through Undercover Tourist!