We have been so hoppin' excited to ride our favorite rides and nosh our top Disneyland snacks at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure! But some rides are not returning right away. A few are under refurbishment, and others will simply return at a later date. A few restaurants are closed too. But more are being added all the time, (including some character dining!) which is why we regularly update these lists! It makes us so hoppy to move items from the closed lists to the open lists. More and more entertainment is being added, including the return of nightly fireworks as of July 4, 2021, and increasing park hours on Aug. 13!
We like to set realistic expectations for our tadpoles before we visit a theme park, so we let the kids know in advance which rides and attractions will be closed, as well as what will be open, at the Disneyland Resort theme parks. Then, we focus on the positive. Each family member identifies their must-do items and we fit them into our itinerary. The good news is that most of our favorite attractions are open at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks! Plus, we have hopped by locations that were listed as closed on the Disneyland app only to find that they were already open. We've adjusted our lists based on what we've seen in the parks rather than on the Disneyland sites. Yay! Disneyland feels more like pre-pandemic Disneyland every day.
What Is Open at Disneyland Resort Now That the Theme Parks Have Reopened?
Disneyland is now open! Hip, hop, hooray! Hours have steadily increased. The parks are open at 8 a.m. daily. Disneyland Park closes at 10 p.m. Disney California Adventure closes at 9 p.m. As of Aug. 13, each park will stay open an hour later! You can always find the most updated hours in the Disneyland app and on the Disneyland site. Keep in mind that both parks generally open earlier than stated (usually 20 to 30 minutes early). The parks once again have rope drop. Parking lots open an hour before earliest posted theme park opening time.
We already know that the following services will be unavailable at both parks for some time:
- Extra Magic Hour
- Magic Morning
Single Rider was temporarily unavailable, but it started rolling back out in late June! It is subject to availability.
You can find out more about Disneyland reopening guidelines, dates and safety information in our Disneyland reopening post. In order to visit a theme park, you'll need a park ticket to a specific park AND a park reservation. Our super hopful guide to Disneyland's new reservation system will take you through the process of making Disneyland reservations.
But what about rides, restaurants entertainment, experiences and dining packages? What is open at Disneyland? Let’s take a look.
What Is Open at Disneyland Park?
Here are the rides and attractions, restaurants and experiences that are open at Disneyland Park. You can hop over to our post on what to know when visiting Disneyland at this time for more information. Keep in mind that more and more restaurants and experiences are opening up every day. Woo hoo!
Rides and Attractions Open at Disneyland Park
- Alice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbitor
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Disney Gallery
- Disneyland Railroad
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Fantasyland Fruit Cart
- Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise (with new scenes)
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Cinema
- Main Street Vehicles
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish (new!)
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (operating with a virtual queue)
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Tarzan’s Treehouse
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (under refurbishment July 6–22)
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Expect capacity limits and physical distancing on both the rides themselves and in the queues.
Restaurants Open at Disneyland Park (and scheduled for reopening soon)
You can stuff your face with your favorite Disneyland food and treats at these locations (a few are Mobile Order only, so order ahead of time):
- Alien Pizza Planet (mobile order available)
- Bengal Barbecue (mobile order available)
- Blue Bayou
- Café Orleans
- Candy Palace (currently making Nuttles on Mondays and Fridays & Rocky Road on Saturdays)
- Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo (order available)
- Edelweiss Snacks (mobile order available)
- French Market Restaurant (mobile order available)
- Galactic Grill (mobile order available)
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (mobile order available)
- Harbour Galley (mobile order available)
- Hungry Bear Restaurant (mobile order available)
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café (mobile order available)
- Kat Saka's Kettle
- Little Red Wagon (mobile order available)
- Market House
- Maurice's Treats
- Milk Stand (mobile order available)
- Mint Julep Bar (mobile order available)
- Oga's Cantina
- Plaza Inn
- Plaza Inn —Minnie & Friends Breakfast (reopening Aug. 12, 2021)
- Pretzels at small world Promenade, Star Tours and Ship to Shore Marketplace
- Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
- Red Rose Taverne (mobile order available; breakfast returns July 1)
- Refreshment Corner (mobile order available)
- River Belle Terrace
- Ronto Roasters (mobile order available)
- Ship to Shore Marketplace (has Mickey pretzels, chimichangas, smoked turkey legs, produce, pickles, frozen lemonade and more)
- Stage Door Café (mobile order available)
- The Golden Horseshoe (reopens July 29 for food and beverage only)
- The Tropical Hideaway
- Tiki Juice Bar (mobile order available and may be mobile order only)
- Tropical Imports
- Vending carts such as churros, ice cream, hot foods, snacks and popcorn
Keep in mind that some dining experiences will be modified, limited in capacity and subject to closure. Menus may be limited. You can check menus ahead of time online or in the Disneyland app to see what's available.
You can make reservations for Blue Bayou, Café Orleans, Oga's Cantina and River Belle Terrace. Reservations open for Minnie & Friends Breakfast soon. You can also Join the Walk-Up List at times through the Disneyland app.
Entertainment Available at Disneyland
Compared to what we are used to at Disneyland, there will be limited entertainment on a smaller scale. This is to prevent crowds from gathering. Here are the experiences that are available:
- VIP Tours (additional cost, and must be reserved in advance)
- Droid Depot (no reservation is required, subject to availability)
- Savi’s Workshop Handbuilt Lightsabers (reservation required)
- Surprise character sightings
- Mickey's Mix Magic fireworks, laser and projection show (nightly beginning July 4)
- Disneyland Band
- Pearly Band
- Flag Retreat Ceremony
- Surprise character cavalcades! Two different cavalcade are now making their way down Main Street U.S.A. and the parade route. You can catch them in the early to late afternoon. They are not on the schedule, so ask a cast member when to expect them.
What Is Closed at Disneyland Park?
The following rides/attractions, restaurants and entertainment are closed at Disneyland Park for now.
Closed Rides and Attractions at Disneyland Park (keep in mind that we have found attractions listed as closed in the app actually open, so Disneyland is slowly reopening all attractions):
- Chip ‘n Dale Treehouse
- Disneyland Monorail
- Donald’s Boat (look for characters here)
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (reopening winter 2021)
- Goofy’s Playhouse (look for characters here)
- Mickey's House (look for characters here)
- Minnie's House (look for characters here)
- Pixie Hollow, although we caught up with Tink for a photo just outside!
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Star Wars Launch Bay (the sign says it's coming soon!)
Closed Restaurants at Disneyland Park
- Carnation Cafe
- Daisy’s Diner
- Pluto’s Dog House
- Royal Street Veranda
- Troubadour Tavern
- Vending carts such as turkey leg, fruit, lemonade and pretzel carts (although you may be able to find these items at other restaurant locations and Ship to Shore Marketplace)
- Dining packages and experiences, such as Fantasmic! Dining Packages, Plaza Inn Dining Packages and Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience
Unavailable Entertainment/Tours/Experiences at Disneyland Park
You can usually check the entertainment calendar to get a sense of what to expect prior to your visit. These shows and experiences will not be returning soon (but fireworks returned July 4, and the Disneyland Band is back!):
- Magic Happens parade
- Mickey and the Magical Map
- Storytelling at Royal Theater (but hop by for some distanced character meet and greets!)
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (but the shop is open)
- Tours such as Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour, The Grand Circle Tour, "Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort" Guided Tour or "Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps" Guided Tour
- Personal character meet and greets (but we have had so much fun with the characters in spite of this)
What Is Open at Disney California Adventure Park?
The following rides and attractions, restaurants, entertainment and experiences are open at Disney California Adventure. As an extra bit of pixie dust, popular items from A Touch of Disney — 1/2 Monte Cristo, Brisket Mac ‘n Cheese and S’mores Shake — are available at Smokejumpers Grill! You can hop over to our post on what to expect when visiting Disney California Adventure at this time.
Rides and Attractions Open at Disney California Adventure Park
- Animation Academy
- Avengers Campus
- Golden Zephyr
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (A new Coco scene is added as of July 17!)
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Silly Symphony Swings (reopening Aug. 1)
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Turtle Talk with Crush (queue is outside)
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure (accessible only via virtual queue)
Restaurants Available at Disney California Adventure Park
These restaurants are open (but a few may be Mobile Order only, so order before you get hungry):
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats (mobile order may be unavailable)
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace (exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests)
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners (back to normal menu; mobile order available)
- Bayside Brews (mobile order available)
- Cappuccino Cart - Gourmet Coffee (mobile order available)
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Carthay Circle Dining Room (reopens July 22 with bookings available beginning July 20)
- Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (mobile order available)
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (mobile order available)
- Corn Dog Castle (opening July 1; mobile order available)
- Cozy Cone Motel – Cones 1-3, 5 (Churros, Ice Cream, Cone-coctions. Popcone) (mobile order available)
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
- Flo’s V8 Cafe (mobile order available)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Hollywood Lounge (mobile order available)
- Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums
- Lamplight Lounge — Boardwalk Dining (walk up opened June 24; The Lounge is still by reservation)
- Lamplight Lounge (brunch now offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Lucky Fortune Cookery (Opening July 1; mobile order available)
- Mendocino Terrace
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co. (mobile order available, including Mickey Mouse pretzel and cheese)
- Paradise Garden Grill (mobile order available)
- Poultry Palace (also selling chimichangas)
- Pym Tasting Lab (mobile order only)
- Pym Test Kitchen (mobile order available — order in advance)
- Rita’s Baja Blenders (mobile order available, including hotdogs)
- Schmoozies! (mobile order available)
- Señor Buzz Churros
- Shawarma Palace
- Shawarma Place Too
- Smokejumpers Grill (mobile order available)
- Sonoma Terrace (mobile order available)
- Studio Catering Co. (mobile order available)
- Terran Treats
- Vending carts for popcorn, churros, hot foods, snacks and ice cream
- Wine Country Trattoria
Keep in mind that some dining experiences will be modified, limited in capacity and subject to closure. Menus are more limited. You can look at menus ahead of time online or on the Disneyland app.
You can find favorite foods in new spots such as chimichangas or Mickey Pretzels.
You can make reservations for Carthay Circle Lounge — Alfresco Dining, Carthay Circle Dining Room (as of July 20), Lamplight Lounge, Alfresco Tasting Terrace and Wine Country Trattoria. Only Legacy Passholders may reserve for Alfresco Tasting Terrace. If you cannot get a reservation at a restaurant, you can also Join the Walk-Up List at times through the Disneyland app.
Entertainment Available at Disney California Adventure Park
- Surprise character sightings
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (Be sure to check the Disneyland app for hours as it has several days under refurbishment in June and July. A new Coco scene is added as of July 17)
- Games of Pixar Pier
- Several shows in Avengers Campus (see entertainment calendar for shows and times)
- Five & Dime
- Character cavalcades on the hour between Silly Symphony Swings and the main entrance to Pixar Pier
What Is Closed at Disney California Adventure Park?
Closed Rides at Disney California Adventure Park
The good news is that most major rides and attractions are open! The following rides and attractions are temporarily closed for the theme park reopening:
- The Boudin Bakery Tour
- Red Car Trolley
- The Blue Sky Cellar
Closed Restaurants at Disney California Adventure Park
These restaurants are closed at Disney California Adventure:
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
- Fairfax Market
- Fillmore’s Taste-in
- Lemonade Carts
- Pacific Wharf Cafe
- World of Color Dining Package
- World of Color Dessert Party
Entertainment That Will Not Be Available at Disney California Adventure Park
Large shows and nighttime spectaculars will not be returning in the near future. You can usually check the entertainment calendar to get a sense of what is on the schedule. You can look up the hours for individual shows in Avengers Campus in the Disneyland app.
The following shows are closed for now:
- Disney Junior Live on Stage
- Frozen — Live at the Hyperion
- World of Color
Disneyland Hotels and Hotel Dining
The Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel and Disneyland Hotel are all open!
Hotel guests may enjoy delivery service from select Downtown Disney restaurants. Guests of all Disneyland Resort hotels can scan QR codes from their in-room TV to access the links to the restaurants’ delivery webpages to order food and beverages that can be delivered to Disneyland Resort hotel lobbies.
The following hotel dining experiences are available for guests of the Grand Californian:
- GCH Craftsman Bar (online reservations available)
- GCH Craftsman Grill (mobile order available)
- Hearthstone Lounge (mobile order available)
- Napa Rose (open now for dinner only; online reservations available)
- Storytellers Café (Character dining has returned with Mickey's Tale of Adventure Breakfast daily and brunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Dinner has no characters.)
When Disneyland Hotel reopens, the following dining experiences will be open as of July 2:
- Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar
- Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill (mobile order available)
- The Coffee House
As part of the resort's phased reopening, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel does not have food and beverage offerings initially. Paradise Pier Hotel guests can take advantage of dining opportunities in Downtown Disney, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel.
The following hotel dining and character experiences are unavailable:
- Breakfast and Dinner at Goofy’s Kitchen (expected to return soon)
- Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures
- Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast (PCH Grill is permanently closing)
- Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast Buffet (returns July 22)
Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55 and Paradise Pier Hotel's PCH Grill are both permanently closing. No announcement has been made as to what will replace them.
Do you have any other questions about what's open at Disneyland? As more information is released, we will continue to update this list of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure openings and closures. If you are looking for a hoppin' deal on Disneyland Resort tickets, you can save some money when buying through Undercover Tourist!