We have been so hoppin' excited to ride our favorite rides and nosh our top Disneyland snacks at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure! Almost all of the rides have reopened, though a couple will return at a later date. The majority of restaurants are now open (including all character dining!), which is why we regularly update these lists with the latest announcements! It makes us so hoppy to move items from the closed list to the open list. More entertainment is back, including parades, shows and nighttime spectaculars. Also in big news is the return of character meet and greets (and hugs)!
The good news is that most of our favorite attractions are open at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure! Plus we have hopped by locations that were listed as closed on the Disneyland app only to find that they were already open. We've adjusted our lists based on what we've seen in the parks rather than on the Disneyland site. Yay! Disneyland is feeling more "normal" every day.
It may not be an official attraction, but the parking tram from the parking structure was always our first ride of the day. We have hoppin' good news! The walk is over — the parking trams have returned, as of Feb. 23, 2022! Our flippers are doing their hoppy dance over this news. Hop over to our post on what's coming to Disneyland for a look at what's to come in 2022, as well as our Disneyland refurbishments post, which we update weekly with refurbishment information! After Dark parties have returned (with a new Grad Nite After Dark party in June!) as well as popular entertainment. Large nighttime shows are back, with Fantasmic! joining the pack May 28, 2022.
What Is Open at Disneyland Resort Now That the Theme Parks Have Reopened?
Disneyland is now open! Hip, hop, hooray! Hours have steadily increased. You can always find the most updated hours in the Disneyland app and on the Disneyland site. Keep in mind that both parks generally open earlier than stated (usually 20 to 30 minutes early). The parks once again have rope drop. Parking lots open an hour before the posted theme park opening time.
We already know that the following services are expected to return in summer 2022:
- Early Entry to each theme park 30 minutes before park opening beginning Aug. 8, 2022.
Good-bye FASTPASS and MaxPass, and Hello Genie
What about FASTPASS and MaxPass? You may have heard the big news. Both of these services have been retired. They were replaced with a new optional paid service called Genie+. The new Genie+ is similar to MaxPass with a few differences. FASTPASS entrances have been renamed as Lightning Lanes (Ka-chow!). Hop over to our complete guide to Disneyland Genie for all of the details.
Also note: Single Rider lines are back, if you wish to cut time and you don't have Genie+.
You can find out more about Disneyland reopening guidelines, dates and safety information in our Disneyland reopening post. In order to visit a theme park, you'll need a park ticket to a specific park AND a park reservation. Our super hopful guide to Disneyland's new reservation system will take you through the process of making Disneyland reservations.
But what about rides, restaurants entertainment, experiences and dining packages? What is open at Disneyland? Let’s take a look.
What Is Open at Disneyland Park?
Here are the rides and attractions, restaurants and experiences that are open at Disneyland Park. You can hop over to our post on what to know when visiting Disneyland at this time for more information. Keep in mind that more and more restaurants and experiences are opening up every day. Woohoo! You'll want to check out the refurbishment calendar as several rides that are usually open undergo annual refurbishments.
Rides and Attractions Open at Disneyland Park
- Alice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbitor
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
- Disney Gallery
- Disneyland Railroad
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Fantasyland Fruit Cart
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (as of July 25!)
- Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Haunted Mansion
- Hyperspace Mountain returning April 29, 2022, for a limited time
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise (with new scenes)
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Cinema
- Main Street Vehicles
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Monorail (but check hours)
- Disneyland Monorail
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pixie Hollow
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish (new!)
- Space Mountain (closed April 28 and returns as Hyperspace Mountain for a limited time)
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Tarzan’s Treehouse
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Restaurants Open at Disneyland Park (and scheduled for reopening soon)
You can stuff your face with your favorite Disneyland food and treats at these locations (a few are Mobile Order only, so order ahead of time):
- Alien Pizza Planet (mobile order available)
- Bengal Barbecue (mobile order available)
- Blue Bayou (can upgrade to Fantasmic! dining package)
- Café Orleans
- Candy Palace (mobile order available)
- Carnation Café
- Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
- Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo (mobile order available)
- Edelweiss Snacks (mobile order available)
- French Market Restaurant (mobile order available)
- Galactic Grill (mobile order available)
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (mobile order available)
- Fantasmic! dining packages return with the show
- Harbour Galley (mobile order available)
- Hungry Bear Restaurant (mobile order available and can reserve On-the-Go Fantasmic! dining package)
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café (mobile order available)
- Kat Saka's Kettle (now with banana popcorn)
- Little Red Wagon (mobile order available)
- Market House
- Maurice's Treats
- Milk Stand (mobile order available)
- Mint Julep Bar (mobile order available)
- Oga's Cantina
- Plaza Inn (plus parade dining packages are back)
- Plaza Inn — Minnie & Friends Breakfast
- Pooh Corner (mobile order available)
- Pretzels at "small world" Promenade, Star Tours and Ship to Shore Marketplace
- Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
- Red Rose Taverne (mobile order available; breakfast returned)
- Refreshment Corner (mobile order available)
- River Belle Terrace (Fantasmic! dining packages available)
- Ronto Roasters (mobile order available)
- Royal Street Veranda
- Ship to Shore Marketplace (has Mickey pretzels, chimichangas, smoked turkey legs, produce, pickles, frozen lemonade and more)
- Stage Door Café (mobile order available)
- The Golden Horseshoe (mobile order available)
- The Tropical Hideaway
- Tiki Juice Bar (mobile order available and may be mobile order only)
- Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge Experience
- Tropical Imports
- Troubadour Tavern is only open on select days
- Vending carts such as churros, ice cream, hot foods, snacks and popcorn
Keep in mind that some dining experiences will be modified, limited in capacity and subject to closure. Menus may be limited. You can check menus ahead of time online or in the Disneyland app to see what's available. We have seen more normal menus beginning to return, although not all menus are the same as before the closure. Some things are not back yet, but that leaves room for new items. FYI: The Golden Horseshoe now has mozzarella sticks, and breakfast chimichangas are back at Ship to Shore Marketplace!
You can make reservations for all table-service restaurants now (we recommend planning ahead 60 days in advance). You can also join the Walk-Up List at times through the Disneyland app.
Entertainment Available at Disneyland
Compared to what we are used to at Disneyland, there will be limited entertainment on a smaller scale. This is to prevent crowds from gathering. Here are the experiences that are available:
- Character meet and greets as of April 18, 2022. Hugs allowed!
- Dapper Dans
- VIP Tours (additional cost, and must be reserved in advance)
- Droid Depot (once again taking reservations; subject to availability)
- Savi’s Workshop Handbuilt Lightsabers (reservation required)
- Fireworks select nights and projection shows each night at Disneyland
- Disneyland Forever is nightly through Labor Day
- Main Street Electrical Parade is back for a limited time.
- Storytelling at Royal Theater
- Disneyland Band
- Pearly Band
- The Straw Hatters
- The Bootstrappers in New Orleans Square
- Flag Retreat Ceremony
- Character cavalcades are making their way down Main Street, U.S.A. and the parade route.
- Tomorrowland Dance Parties in the evenings
What Is Closed at Disneyland Park?
The following rides/attractions, restaurants and entertainment are closed at Disneyland Park for now.
Closed Rides and Attractions at Disneyland Park
Keep in mind that we have found attractions listed as closed in the app actually open, so Disneyland is slowly reopening all attractions. Toontown closed in March 2022 for an extended refurbishment.
- Toontown (reopens in 2023)
- Donald’s Boat is going to be reimagined during the refurbishment
- Goofy’s Playhouse is going to be reimagined
- Mickey's House
- Minnie's House
- Star Wars Launch Bay (the sign says it's coming soon!)
Closed Restaurants at Disneyland Park
- Daisy’s Diner
- Pluto’s Dog House
- Troubadour Tavern (open for select days when there are shows in the Fantasyland Theater)
Unavailable Entertainment/Tours/Experiences at Disneyland Park
You can usually check the entertainment calendar to get a sense of what to expect prior to your visit. These shows and experiences will not be returning soon (but fireworks returned July 4, and the Disneyland Band is back!):
- Magic Happens parade
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (only the shop is open)
- Tours such as Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour, The Grand Circle Tour, "Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort" Guided Tour or "Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps" Guided Tour
What Is Open at Disney California Adventure Park?
The following rides and attractions, restaurants, entertainment and experiences are open at Disney California Adventure. You can hop over to our post on what to expect when visiting Disney California Adventure at this time.
Rides and Attractions Open at Disney California Adventure Park
- Animation Academy
- Avengers Campus
- The Boudin Bakery Tour
- Golden Zephyr
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (a new "Coco" scene has been added)
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Red Car Trolley (as of July 17, 2022)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure (accessible only via virtual queue)
Restaurants Available at Disney California Adventure Park
These restaurants are open (but a few may be Mobile Order only, so order before you get hungry):
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners (mobile order available)
- Bayside Brews (mobile order available)
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
- Bong Bong's Sweet Stuff
- Cappuccino Cart - Gourmet Coffee now selling Joffrey's Coffee (mobile order available)
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Carthay Circle Restaurant Dining Room
- Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (mobile order available)
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (mobile order available)
- Corn Dog Castle (mobile order available)
- Cozy Cone Motel (mobile order only)
- Fairfax Market
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
- Fillmore’s Taste-in
- Flo’s V8 Cafe (mobile order available)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Hollywood Lounge (mobile order available)
- Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums
- Lamplight Lounge — Boardwalk Dining (walk-up only through the app)
- Lamplight Lounge (brunch now offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Lucky Fortune Cookery (mobile order available)
- Magic Key Terrace (for Magic Key holders and their guests)
- Mendocino Terrace
- Pacific Wharf Cafe (mobile order available)
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co. (mobile order available, including Mickey Mouse pretzel and cheese)
- Paradise Garden Grill (mobile order available)
- Poultry Palace
- Pym Tasting Lab (mobile order only)
- Pym Test Kitchen (mobile order available — order in advance)
- Rita’s Baja Blenders (mobile order available)
- Schmoozies! (mobile order available)
- Señor Buzz Churros
- Shawarma Palace
- Shawarma Place Too
- Smokejumpers Grill (mobile order available)
- Sonoma Terrace (mobile order available)
- Studio Catering Co. (mobile order available)
- Terran Treats
- Trolley Treats (mobile order available)
- Vending carts for popcorn, churros, hot foods, snacks and ice cream
- Wine Country Trattoria (World of Color packages available)
- World of Color Dessert Party
Keep in mind that some dining experiences will be modified, limited in capacity and subject to closure. Menus are more limited. You can look at menus ahead of time online or on the Disneyland app.
You can make reservations for Carthay Circle dining room, Carthay Circle Lounge — Alfresco Dining, Lamplight Lounge, Alfresco Tasting Terrace and Wine Country Trattoria. Only Magic Key holders may reserve Magic Key Terrace (open during refurbishment). If you cannot get a reservation at a restaurant, you can also join the Walk-Up List at times through the Disneyland app. Lamplight Lounge Boardwalk Dining is only available via Walk-Up List.
Entertainment Available at Disney California Adventure Park
- Character meet and greets (and hugs!) are back!
- Disney Junior Dance Party
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (a new "Coco" scene has been added)
- Games of Pixar Pier
- Several shows in Avengers Campus (see entertainment calendar for shows and times)
- Five & Dime
- Operation: Playtime! — featuring the Green Army Patrol (at times)
- World of Color
What Is Closed at Disney California Adventure Park?
Closed Rides at Disney California Adventure Park
The good news is that all rides and most attractions are open! The following attractions are temporarily closed:
- The Blue Sky Cellar
Closed Restaurants at Disney California Adventure Park
All restaurants are open!
Entertainment That Is Not Available at Disney California Adventure Park
You can usually check the entertainment calendar to get a sense of what is on the schedule. You can look up the hours for individual shows in Avengers Campus in the Disneyland app.
The following shows are closed for now:
- Frozen — Live at the Hyperion (not listed as returning)
Disneyland Hotels and Hotel Dining
The Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel and Disneyland Hotel are all open!
Hotel guests may enjoy delivery service from select Downtown Disney restaurants. Guests of all Disneyland Resort hotels can scan QR codes to access the links to the restaurants’ delivery webpages to order food and beverages that can be delivered to Disneyland Resort hotel lobbies. Room service is available.
The following hotel dining experiences are available:
- GCH Craftsman Bar (online reservations available)
- GCH Craftsman Grill (mobile order available)
- Hearthstone Lounge
- Napa Rose (open now for dinner; online reservations available)
- Napa Rose — Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures
- Storytellers Café (Character dining has returned with Mickey's Tale of Adventure Breakfast daily and brunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The characters do not appear during dinner.)
The Disneyland Hotel offers the following dining experiences:
- Goofy's Kitchen (characters just parade through without stopping, but you can get your picture with Goofy)
- Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar (now takes reservations)
- Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill (mobile order available)
- The Coffee House
As part of the resort's phased reopening, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel does not have food and beverage offerings initially. Paradise Pier Hotel guests can take advantage of dining opportunities in Downtown Disney, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel. There is a new Disney California Adventure access point for just guests of this hotel.
Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55 and Paradise Pier Hotel's PCH Grill are both permanently closed. No announcement for their replacements has been made.
Do you have any other questions about what's open at Disneyland? As more information is released, we will continue to update this list of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure openings and closures. If you are looking for a hoppin' deal on Disneyland Resort tickets, you can save some money when buying through Undercover Tourist!