As you get ready to plan your Disneyland trip, it's helpful to know which rides and experiences may be closed or undergoing refurbishment during your visit. Here is the list of scheduled Disneyland refurbishments and permanent ride closings. Permanent closures are attractions that are no longer active in the parks, refurbishments are temporary closures and seasonal closures take place annually. All of these refurbishments and closings are subject to change without notice. Don't fret! There is still plenty to do and see at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
You can find out all about what to expect as Disneyland opens its gates once more in our full reopening guide. Interested in what's currently open now that Disneyland has reopened? Hop here. Upon reopening, while park hopping is available, other services such as Magic Morning and FASTPASS will be unavailable. Likewise, some entertainment, parades and character meet and greets will be temporarily unavailable — though "Mickey's Mix Magic" returned July 4, 2021! While some attractions are undergoing true refurbishments at this time, others may be unavailable as a precaution for the health and safety of guests and cast members. The hoppy news? Several attractions were refurbished during the closure and have made their big debut, including Snow White's Enchanted Wish (formerly Snow White's Scary Adventures), Haunted Mansion and King Arthur Carrousel!
Disneyland Ride Refurbishments
Here is the list of current and upcoming closures Disneyland rides, attractions and shops. Disney often changes the dates of these temporary ride closures, whether to move up or postpone, so always check here as your trip gets closer.
Temporary Health and Safety Closures:
- Chip ‘n Dale Treehouse
- Disneyland Monorail
- Donald’s Boat
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition
- Goofy’s Playhouse
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Magic Happens parade (but keep an eye out for cavalcades)
- Mickey and the Magical Map
- Storytelling at Royal Theater
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (but the shop is open)
- Haunted Mansion Holiday
CLOSED Aug. 16-Sept. 2, 2021
Temporary Health and Safety Closures:
- Red Car Trolley
- The Blue Sky Cellar
- Frozen — Live at the Hyperion
- World of Color
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
OPEN SELECT DAYS - only open on Sundays and Saturdays
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
CLOSED until further notice
Downtown Disney District Refurbishments
Disneyland Hotel Refurbishments
- Temporarily closed
Disney's Grand California Hotel & Spa Refurbishments (reopened April 29!)
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Refurbishments (reopened June 15!)
- Temporarily closed
Disneyland Hotel Refurbishments (reopened July 2!)
Permanent Disneyland Closures
This is a list of permanently closed Disneyland rides, attractions, restaurants and shops! The closures are usually done to make way for new rides and attractions at the parks.
- Big Thunder Ranch Area: Closed permanently Jan. 11, 2016
- Disneyland Forever: Closed permanently Sept. 6, 2016
- Super Hero HQ: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Main Street Electrical Parade: Closed permanently Aug. 20, 2017
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple: Ended Nov. 3, 2018
- Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular: Closed permanently Jan. 10, 2016
- Diamond Mad T Party: Closed permanently March 31, 2016
- For the First Time in Forever: Closed permanently April 18, 2016
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Closed permanently Jan. 2, 2017 for transformation into Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- California Screamin': Closed permanently Jan. 8, 2018 for transformation into Incredicoaster
- Mickey's Fun Wheel: Closed permanently Jan. 8, 2018 for transformation into Pixar Pal-A-Round
- The Cove Bar and Ariel's Grotto: Closed permanently Jan. 8, 2018 for transformation into Lamplight Lounge
- It's Tough To Be a Bug!: Closed permanently March 19, 2018 for Avengers Campus
- Flik's Flyers: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for Avengers Campus
- Francis' Ladybug Boogie: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for Avengers Campus
- Heimlich's Chew Chew Train: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for Avengers Campus
- Princess Dot Puddle Park: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for Avengers Campus
- Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for Avengers Campus
Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule (Seasonal Closures)
These attractions and rides usually close seasonally at Disneyland for refurbishments and holiday overlays. The estimated dates on this Disneyland refurbishment schedule are based on past ride closures. We'll always post the specific dates when we receive them under Disneyland ride refurbishments.
- Grizzly River Run: Usually closes early January through February or March for seasonal refurbishment.
- Jungle Cruise: Usually closes early November for holiday overlay installation; closes early January for holiday overlay removal and reopens early February.
- Haunted Mansion: Will close Aug. 16 to Sept. 2, 2021, for holiday overlay installation and reopens Sept. 3; closes early January for holiday overlay removal and reopens mid-January.
- it's a small world: Usually closes mid to late October for holiday overlay installation and reopens November; closes mid-January for holiday overlay removal and reopens late January/early February.
- Space Mountain: Usually closes late August for holiday overlay installation and reopens early to mid-September; closes early November for holiday overlay removal.
- Splash Mountain: Usually closes mid-January through February for seasonal refurbishments.
*Please Note: All Disneyland ride refurbishments and closings are subject to change without notice.
Trying to decide when to visit the parks? Check out our Disneyland Crowd Calendar for the best time to go! We also offer park plans for the Disneyland Resort. Be sure to check out our Disneyland Park Plans and Disney California Adventure Park Plans.