Taking a trip to Universal Orlando requires a lot of planning and that includes figuring out where to eat. While there are lots of quick-service restaurants throughout the park to enjoy, sometimes it's nice to have a sit-down meal. To dine at Universal's table-service restaurants, you'll want to know how to make dining reservations.
Universal only has two table-service restaurants at each theme park, with most table-service options in CityWalk and at the hotels. Not all restaurants are directly owned and operated by Universal, so the process of making a reservation can differ by location.
Without further ado, let's dig in and learn more about Universal Orlando's dining reservations!
What You Need to Know about Universal Orlando Dining Reservations
- Park admission is required for in-park dining. If choosing to dine at any of the restaurants located in either Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios Florida, you'll need to have the proper tickets for that day.
- Most restaurants are available for booking starting at six months in advance. During peak holidays or school breaks, you'll want to book reservations at least a month in advance. Though for the majority of the time, you are able to get a reservation about a week ahead of time.
- Most locations strongly recommend reservations but do not require them. Most offer walk-up options, as well. Depending on the time of year and time of day, you may still have a long wait.
- To make a reservation online, head to Universal Orlando's Reservations page. Here, you can browse the list of restaurants and their menus. Once you decide on a location, click "reserve now." You can select your date, number of guests and then book a time.
- If you want to make a reservation by phone, the phone number will depend on the location. For theme park and CityWalk restaurants, you'll call 407-224-3663 (for Hard Rock Cafe Orlando, call 407-351-7625). For most hotel dining, call 407-503-3463.
- Some locations at CityWalk or the hotels offer additional bookings at Open Table, such as Bice Ristorante and Hard Rock Cafe Orlando.
- Guests staying at Universal's Premier hotels (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort) have a priority seating benefit at most restaurants. Priority seating is not the same as a set reservation. While you would be given preference over walk-ups, we always recommend securing a reservation, especially for the more popular locations.
Restaurants with Reservations in the Theme Parks
There are four total table-service restaurants offering reservations within the Universal Orlando theme parks. Remember, valid admission is required to dine at in-park restaurants. Bookings can be made online or by calling 407-224-FOOD (3663). All four in-park restaurants offer priority seating to guests staying at Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort.
Mythos – Islands of Adventure
Across from Poseidon's Fury in The Lost Continent is Mythos Restaurant. This quality restaurant offers a mix of Mediterranean, Asian and American cuisine. We recently dined there and tried delicious offerings such as the Fork, Knife and Spoon Grilled Cheese, Balsamic Grilled Chicken Sandwich and the Pad Thai. The exterior is one of our favorites with towering rocks and larger-than-life statues. For a secret photo spot, head behind for a wonderful view of Islands of Adventure. And keep an ear for the troll growling under the bridge!
Confisco Grille – Islands of Adventure
Located in Port of Entry is Confisco Grille, offering up a variety of cuisine from Asian, Mediterranean, Greek and more. With such a great variety, there's something for everyone to enjoy! Located near the front entrance, it's an ideal spot if you want to exit the park immediately after.
Finnegan's Bar & Grill – Universal Studios Florida
You can't go wrong with this traditional Irish-American pub! Head off the streets of New York and enjoy a lively bar and full-service restaurant. Savor classic pub food with an Irish twist such as the Bangers and Mash and Shepherd's Pie, along with classic American cuisine. Plus you can sit and be entertained by the live music!
Lombard's Seafood Grille – Universal Studios Florida
Located in San Francisco is Lombard's Seafood Grille. This waterfront restaurant has been serving up cuisine since the park first opened. Enjoy a variety of seafood, burgers, sandwiches, salads and more. I recently enjoyed the Lobster Roll with Fish and Chips, paired with the Misty Pear cocktail. We love the atmosphere here, whether it's outside by the lagoon or inside by the giant fish tank (we are amphibians after all).
Restaurants with Reservations in CityWalk
There are tons of options available at CityWalk to try! Visiting CityWalk is free and does not require admission. If you're driving, you'll have to pay for parking unless visiting after 6 p.m. Bookings can be made online or by calling 407-224-FOOD (unless otherwise noted).
- Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food
- Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom
- NBC Sports Grill & Brew
- Pat O'Brien's
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen
- VIVO Italian Kitchen
- Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
- Hard Rock Cafe Orlando (book online or call 407-351-7625)
Restaurants with Reservations at the Hotels
Many of Universal Orlando hotels also offer table-service restaurants that anyone can enjoy. Bookings can be made online or by calling 407-503-DINE (unless otherwise noted).
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- Mama Della's Ristorante
- Trattoria del Porto
- Bice Ristorante (book online or call 407-503-1415)
Hard Rock Hotel
- The Kitchen
- The Palm (book online or call 407-503-7256)
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Islands Dining Room
- Jake's American Bar
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Amatista Cookhouse
- Strong Water Tavern
We hope this answered your questions about Universal dining reservations! Let us know if you have any additional questions or tips in the comments below!