You frog fans know one of the things we love most about the fall festivals and events are the yummy eats. At this point in 2019 (like many past years), we were busy eating our way through all of the Disneyland Halloween Time treats. Well, we can agree that 2020 is unlike any other year, and Disneyland theme parks remain closed due to COVID-19. Croak! So instead, we will be eating our way through Downtown Disney's fall offerings (which opened July 9). There are spooky treats and mouth-watering eats (including Halloween-themed caramel apples!) that will have you racing to Disneyland's Downtown Disney district faster than you can say “pumpkin spice.” Ready to be tempted and terrified with the limited-time tasty snacks and monstrous morsels available at Downtown Disney? Read on for the full scoop on the Disneyland Halloween Time treats that are available only at Downtown Disney.
Ghoulishly Good Disneyland Halloween Time Treats at Downtown Disney
This fall, you can find some mouth-watering Halloween Time treats at Downtown Disney restaurants, kiosks and shops.
Marceline's Confectionery (while supplies last)
- Minnie Witch Candy Apple
- Minnie Witch Crispy Treat
- Magic Mirror Crispy Treat
- Pumpkin Pie Crispy Treat
- Hades Candy Apple
- Ursula Candy Apple
- Cinnamon Marshmallow Wand
- Spider Web Mickey Cookie
- Candy Corn Mickey Cookie
- Pumpkin-spiced Toffee (Available Oct. 29 to 31 while supplies last) - Toffee dipped in white chocolate and covered in pumpkin spice and orange colored sugar
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
- Seasonal dipping sauces with beignets: Spooky boo-berry, caramel apple and maple pecan crème anglais
Ballast Point Brewing Company
- Short Rib Pot Pie (through Nov. 29) – Braised short rib, root vegetables, mushrooms, Piper Down Scottish Ale reduction and puff pastry crust
- Pumpkin Down Ale (while supplies last) – Flavors of caramel and toffee maltiness of Piper Down Scottish Ale with roasted pumpkin and a hint of spice
- Pumpkin Down Ale Float (while supplies last) – 8 oz pour of Pumpkin Down Ale in a tulip glass with scoops of vanilla bean ice cream and garnished with a slightly sweetened waffle wedge
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Shake (through Oct. 31)
- Pumpkin Spice Churro (through Nov. 15) – Served with a side of cream cheese frosting
Earl of Sandwich
- Caribbean Jerk Sandwich ( through Nov. 15) – Grilled chicken, roasted peppers, banana peppers and mild or spicy jerk sauce
- Pumpkin Smash (while supplies last) – Pumpkin-flavored smoothie (available in classic or a new plant-based recipe)
- Power Fall Antioxidant Add-On Products (through Nov. 9) – Get a boost of antioxidants and vitamins with the açai super anti-oxidant or orange c-booster smoothies, orange carrot twist juice or an açai primo bowl
- Mummy Macarons (through Oct. 31) – With cookies and cream buttercream
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Macarons (through Oct. 31) – With white chocolate pumpkin ganache
Naples Ristorante e Bar
- Sundown Mule (through Nov. 9) – Vodka, crème de cassis, ginger beers and ginger ale
- Pumpkin Ravioli (through Oct. 31) – House-made ravioli filled with pumpkin and topped with brown butter sauce, sage and Parmesan
Salt & Straw
Try spooktacular ice cream flavors, including:
- Great Candycopia
- Creepy Crawly Critters
- Mummy’s Pumpkins Spiced Potion
- Pumpkin cupcakes (through Nov. 29)
- Various fall and Halloween-themed cupcakes throughout the season
- Cinnamon Bitz with caramel sauce
While you are at the Downtown Disney district, hop into the shops for fun Disney Halloween merchandise. Check out the new Backlot Premiere Shop, coming soon to Stage 17. You'll find the entrance at the east side of the Main Entrance esplanade (Stage 17 is inside Disney California Adventure Park!). We know you want to pick up a Hades spirit jersey to go with your Hades caramel apple. Avoid scary long lines by visiting Downtown Disney on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Typical Disneyland Halloween Time Treats When the Parks Are Open
We're leaving our 2019 guide right here in case you want to see what types of delicious delights you might enjoy in the theme parks and hotels in future years (should we be lucky enough for these fang-tastic treats to return). We promise no tricks, but we can't help if you start drooling.
Proceed with caution and sharpen your sweet tooth (or fangs), because so many hand-made candies and sweet treats are available in Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park and Downtown Disney beginning mid-September. Hop into Candy Palace or Pooh Corner at Disneyland, Trolley Treats and Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff at Disney California Adventure, Marceline’s Confectionary at Downtown Disney or even some hotel locations to discover handmade apples, candies, crispy treats and baked goods (selection may vary per location).
In 2019, the delicious choices included:
- Minnie Witch Apple
- Evil Queen Apple
- Poison Skull Apple
- Jack Skellington Apple
- Jack Skellington Cake Pop
- Bat Cake Pop
- Mickey Mouse Mummy Crispy Treat
- Oogie Boogie Crispy Treat
- Haunted Mansion Crispy Treat
- Spider Web Crispy
- Maleficent Crispy Treat
- Mummy Marshmallow
- Pumpkin Fudge
All other treats are generally available during Halloween Time. You can find Candy Corn Cotton Candy at carts in both parks or sink your teeth into a Bat Cookie. The Bat Cookie was available at Market House in Disneyland, Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café at Disney California Adventure, The Coffee House at Disneyland Hotel and the Surfside Lounge at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel last year. We bet it pairs nicely with a pumpkin spice latte!
As we hopped around the resort in 2019, we found treats behind every door. Plaza Inn had three cakes: a Monster Halloween Cake, Chocolate-Coffee Yule Log and a cinnamon Minnie Mouse Cake. Jolly Holiday Bakery Café had the cutest Mickey Mummy Macaron (with cookies and cream filling), a Sweet Potato Hand Pie, Cruella de Vil Brownie, Graveyard Cupcake, Spice Bundt Cake, Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Muffin and other seasonal offerings.
We loved sinking our teeth into the Vampire Alien Macaron from Alien Pizza Planet. Be sure to pick up a Food Guide to learn about more tasty treats and even some less-sugary eats around Disneyland!
Disneyland Halloween Time Churros
Churros are among our favorite Disneyland snacks and they get all decked out for Halloween. Costumed in colorful sugars, flavors, toppings and sauces, these churros are screaming for attention! We are dying to bite into them. So, how do you choose? Here’s what to look for and where you could find them in 2019:
Disneyland Park Churros:
- Maleficent Churro is covered with chocolate cookie crumbles, colored sugar, and marshmallow dip. It’s available at Sleeping Beauty Castle and Town Square.
- Coco Churro can be found by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Pumpkin Spice Churro comes with caramel sauce in Tomorrowland.
- Churro Bites Cereal Sundae has fruit cereal-dusted churros, cereal milk anglaise, strawberry ice cream and raspberry sauce. Find it at Hungry Bear Restaurant.
- Churro Sundae is available at Golden Horseshoe.
- Bride Churro is calling you to hurry back to The Haunted Mansion.
- Groom Churro is hiding out in Critter Country.
Disney California Adventure Park Churros:
- Pumpkin Spice Churro comes with cream cheese dipping sauce and is available at Cozy Cone Motel.
- Pumpkin Spice Churro can also be found at Willie’s Churros.
- S’mores Churro comes with graham cracker, chocolate chips and marshmallow drizzle. Find it near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
- Horchata Churro with condensed milk is available at Goofy’s Sky School.
- Haul-O-Ween Churro has checked in at Cozy Cone Motel.
Cool Off with Cold Halloween Time Treats and Drinks
Longing for cooler temperatures during the hot fall in Southern California? These ice cream and refreshing treats kept us cool at Disneyland in 2019:
- Trick-or-Treat Sundae Duo at Gibson Girl
- Churro Sundae at Golden Horseshoe
- Pumpkin Spice Shake at Red Rose Taverne
- Blood Orange Slush at Galactic Grill
- Pan Dulce Ice Cream Sandwich at Rancho del Zocalo
- Frozen Abuelita Horchata at Rancho del Zocalo
- Pickwick Ghost Punch at Royal Street Veranda
- 13th-Hour Brew (iced coffee with vanilla cream) at Harbour Galley
- Blackberry Midnight Julep at Mint Julep Bar (don't forget the Pumpkin Spice Beignets!)
- Any sundae in a Purple Poison Apple premium mug at Gibson Girl
At Disney California Adventure:
- Vampire Mickey Ice Cream Bar at Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Boogie Man Sundae at Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Spiked Hard Apple Float (with alcohol) at Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Any sundae in a Purple Poison Apple premium mug at Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Green Apple Spell Lemonade at Smokejumpers Grill
- Pumpkin Spice Milk Shake at Flo's V-8 Cafe
- Worms, Dice & Everything Nice cocktail (contains alcohol) at Hollywood Lounge (with dice glow cubes)
- My Bugs! My Bugs! specialty beverage at Hollywood Lounge
- Ghoulish Delight specialty beverage at Hollywood Lounge
- Supernatural Spirit specialty beverage at Hollywood Lounge
- Howl-O-Ween Concoction specialty beverage at Hollywood Lounge
- Various special beers and ciders at Hollywood Lounge
- Eerie Elixir at Studio Catering Co. (use it to wash down the specialty Monster 129 Tacos)
- Minnie Witch Shake at Schmoozies!
- Caramel Apple Smoothie at Schmoozies!
- Specialty Cocktail (contains alcohol) at Pixar Pier
Disneyland Halloween Time Foodie Accessories
Don’t forget calorie-free spooky food accessories such as themed popcorn buckets and glow cubes! Guests come in droves on the first day of Halloween Time at Disneyland to gather these collectibles. It’s also great to reuse them each year for your Disneyland Halloween Time treats!
In 2019, popcorn-lovers could snatch up the Mickey Pumpkin Balloon Bucket or the Oogie Boogie Head Popcorn Buckets at select popcorn carts. Oogie Boogie was more elusive. We found him near Haunted Mansion Holiday popcorn cart at Disneyland and at the Hollywood Land popcorn cart in Disney California Adventure. There was also a cauldron popcorn bucket for annual passholders only that sold out quickly.
Add glow to your drinks by using the Purple Poison Apple Glow Cubes or Oogie Boogie Dice Glow Cubes from various locations around the Disneyland Resort. At Carthay Circle, you could get a four-pack of different exclusive poison apple glow cubes with your Poison Apple-Tini last year. You can head straight to the bar to purchase just the glow cubes without the drink if you aren't thirsty. The Purple Poison Apple Premium Mug and Jack Skellington Premium Sipper were a scream. The Jarrito de Dante was new in 2019 and was located at Paradise Garden Grill and Rancho del Zocalo (served with Mexican hot chocolate).
There are so many more Halloween-themed bites that are both savory and sweet — from the Orange Sugar Skull Pot de Creme at Rancho del Zocalo to the Anti-Vampire Pizza at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta to the Slow-Burnin' Mac 'n' Cheese Cone at the Cozy Cone Motel. We can't wait to hop back to try some more goodies!
So, is anyone else drooling? I’m craving those Halloween caramel apples already! With less than two months to grab these Disneyland Halloween Time treats, you gotta hop to it fast! Also, check out our Guide to Disneyland Halloween Time to learn about the best times to visit and the details for ride overlays and spooky entertainment. Also, in 2019 there was a new Disneyland Halloween Party, the Oogie Boogie Bash, at Disney California Adventure!
Related: Best Time to Visit Disneyland