When Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge first opened, it was the first time frogs could live their own adventure in a galaxy far, far away. This heavily themed land makes you truly feel like you are on another planet! That immersion takes on a whole other level with Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. With a 20-minute experience and incredible technology, this ride is a game-changer. Not only is the attraction itself one of the most technologically advanced that Disney has ever created (utilizing FOUR different ride systems!), it is incredibly immersive.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney World originally required joining a virtual queue, but you can now more easily ride the popular attraction through waiting in a regular standby line or paying to bypass the standby line with an individual Lightning Lane selection. This means more frogs can have the opportunity to enjoy this epic attraction!
In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Rise of the Resistance, including how to access the ride and our best tips for shorter wait times!
Overview of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney World
This immersive attraction is located in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios. You're placed in the heart of the action as the Resistance needs your help with a secret mission! Join fellow recruits on a thrilling mission against the First Order as you try to escape the Star Destroyer. You'll see some familiar faces from the films, including Rey and Kylo Ren. With interactive cast members and an incredible trackless system, this experience is truly out-of-this-world. If you're OK with spoilers before you ride, you can check out the full queue and pre-show in the video Tad shot below! It's one of the most popular rides at Disney World, and for good reason. Every time we ride, we notice something new!
Using the Standby Queue to Access Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
As we mentioned earlier, in September 2021, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance stopped using the virtual queue system (though you'll typically see new attractions utilizing it). With Rise of the Resistance now operating normally with a standby queue, you can hop into the line like you would any other attraction. With the popularity of this ride, expect long waits. We've seen this wait time fluctuate from 60 to 155 minutes on any given day (and know that during busy times, this range will probably go even higher). If Rise is a must-do for you, and standby is the best option for your fam, hop in line toward the end of the evening as the wait tapers.
If you're anything like me, the first thing you're probably thinking is, "What do I do about the restroom in a two-hour line?" Well, as the mom of two tadpoles, I got to experience this myself! If you need a bathroom break, notify the next cast member in the queue. The cast member will then escort you to the restroom (this one was behind a top-secret door just for that reason, so you won't need to walk through the land to another restroom). They'll then walk you back to the line to jump back in (note that procedures can fluctuate).
Purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane Selection for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
If wanting to save time waiting in a long line, you can pay to bypass the standby queue. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney World is available as an individual Lightning Lane selection. Using the My Disney Experience app, guests can select two premium attractions each day to purchase skip-the-line access. Disney World Resort hotel guests can access these choices at 7 a.m. each day, while off-site guests can access them at park opening. These add-ons typically range from $7 to $20 per person, per day — and pricing varies from day to day. You may see a higher price for these attractions during peak times, for example. And the more in-demand the ride, the higher the price is likely to be, so Rise is typically one of the more expensive options.
If you're a Disney World Resort hotel guest and riding Rise is a must-do for you, Lightning Lane may be a good option for you. When it comes to thinking about Genie+ and individual Lightning Lane selections, the question becomes how much do you value your time? Is it worth it to you to pay rather than wait for a few hours in line? If so, it's essential to hop on to My Disney Experience at 7 a.m. — these spots go quickly and do sell out!
For off-site guests, to date, there have been some days where individual Lightning Lane selections for Rise of the Resistance are sold out before park opening, which means standby would be the only way to access. Regardless of where you are staying, it's crucial to be prompt in selecting your individual Lightning Lane selection for Rise — don't wait! — since they sell out.
For more information, hop over to our full post on Genie+.
Tips for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney World
- Rider Switch and DAS is available for this attraction! Speak with a cast member at the attraction for more information.
- If you're hoping to reserve Rise of the Resistance as a paid individual Lightning Lane selection, don't delay, as spots go quickly for the day! Those staying at an eligible resort hotel get the great benefit of purchasing before those staying off-site, which can be crucial during peak times as they often sell out before park opening.
- Another great perk of staying on-site, hotel guests can utilize Early Theme Park Entry, which provides 30 extra minutes at any park every day! This can be a great way to check Rise off your list.
- If you're staying off-site and planning on rope dropping Hollywood Studios, we would recommend doing other rides and saving Rise of the Resistance for the evening. The majority of park crowds head to Galaxy's Edge and the line will have already gotten long from early entry. Peak wait times typically occur in the afternoon, so it's best to do in the morning or late evening.
- For a chance at low wait times for all attractions, including Rise of the Resistance, consider booking a Hollywood Studios Disney After Hours ticket. Disney After Hours is a three-hour, separately ticketed event that allows guests to stick around after normal park hours with limited crowds. That means you’ll encounter little-to-no lines while you wait for rides, character meet-and-greets and other experiences at the parks (Plus, you'll get complimentary popcorn, ice cream and bottled beverages!) We did every attractions in the park and even got to hop onto Rise with a five-minute wait just before the event ended!
- Remember: If all else fails and you've packed your patience, a standby line is available for this epic experience.
Are you ready to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney World? Do you have any other questions about accessing the ride? Share in the comments below.
Related: Our Galactic Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney World