Jurassic World VelociCoaster
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Jurassic World VelociCoaster Details
TypePoi | Ride
Height Req.51" (130cm) minimum
Frog OverviewJurassic World VelociCoaster will transport you into a dynamic environment inspired by the "Jurassic World" films, surrounded by intricately detailed rock work and lush landscaping, conveniently located near the elevated watch tower used to keep an eye on the dinosaurs. Once inside, you're greeted by Dr. Wu as you learn about the cutting-edge new coaster, which Jurassic World is touting as its newest "carnivore expansion." Along the way, you'll hear the screams of fellow riders, as you rapidly roar by Blue, Delta, Charlie and Echo right on their heels — and even come face-to-face with a few hungry Velociraptors who are anxiously awaiting being released from their stables. As the adrenaline builds and you approach the loading platform, you'll hear a few reassuring words from Claire Dearing — and one final warning from Owen Grady.
Then, the ultimate high-speed chase begins.
Take off on an epic coaster experience that sends you through the raptor paddock, into the air, just inches above water and more. You'll encounter a series of intense maneuvers along the coaster's 4,700 feet of track, including near-misses, a barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon, high-speed launches — the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds — and the signature "Top Hat," which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80-degree drop — Universal's steepest drop yet.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Jurassic World VelociCoaster
Frog Family Tips
- You must leave everything in a locker and pass through a metal detector. If you wear glasses, make sure they're secure, or leave in the locker, so they don't end up in the lagoon!
- Prepare for unexpected twists and turns and 12 seconds of airtime.
- As Florida's fastest and tallest launch coaster, the first launch sends you from 0 mph to 50 mph in 3 seconds, and the second launch goes from 40 mph to 70 mph in 2.4 seconds, sending riders straight up the 155-foot "Top Hat."
- The coaster also features a barrel roll just above the lagoon and a 100-foot zero-g stall inversion.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Jurassic World VelociCoaster
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- A Holly-Jolly Good Guide to Disney Springs at Christmas Time
- 'We're Going to Disney!' How to Surprise Your Kids with a Disney Trip
- Our Wild Guide to the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Our Disney World Holiday Merchandise Wishlist, Plus Our Top Tips!
- New Details for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Are Here — Including Splash Mountain Closure Dates at Disney World!