Leap's Note: The Walt Disney World Resort raised its ticket prices this weekend. We'll continue to hold our prices while our current inventory lasts, but we’re down to the final hours! View all of our discount Orlando tickets and purchase now for the lowest prices of the season. We've also got a special treat if you're heading to Disney World and Universal Orlando. You can get an additional $10 OFF each qualifying ticket combo when a select 2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day or 5-Day Disney ticket is combined with a select 2-Day, 3-Day or 4-Day Universal ticket.
Even now, with all of our trips to Walt Disney World, we frogs sometimes have a hard time deciding which hotel to stay at. Tad only wants to stay at the hotel that he needs more footage of, Lily wants a nice pool to splash around in, Leap is pretty hoppy-go-lucky, and so the tough decision gets left to me. There are so many choices when it comes to Disney World hotels. Each comes with its own amenities and distinctive Disney flavor! Luckily, we have some go-to's, and we're so hoppy to share them all with you. All of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels are amazing and tadpole-friendly, but we think a few deserve to be called the best Disney World hotels for families.
Now, we think it's only fair for us to pick the best Disney World hotels from each hotel category. After all, it's not really fair to compare a value to a moderate or a moderate to a deluxe. We'd also be remiss if we didn't mention that we're offering discounts on all of Disney World's hotels in addition to Orlando hotels.
We've listed the best Disney World hotels for families here along with a few of our favorite things about them. Click on through the hotel links below. You can view our full reviews and book! (Here is a link to all of our Frog Family Favorite Orlando hotels—look for the lily pad!)
The Best Disney World Hotels by Category
Best Disney World Deluxe Resorts
- Hands down, the most spectacular lobby of all the resorts
- Amazing animal views from the savanna-facing rooms (and plenty of public viewing areas!)
- The best buffet on property at Boma - Flavors of Africa
- Most kid-friendly resort on the monorail
- Beautiful Polynesian theming and overflowing Lava pool
- Spectacular on-site dining with Kona, Ohana and Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Best Disney World Deluxe Villas
- Short walk to Magic Kingdom
- Some of the nicest villas on property, with sleek, minimalist design
- Fabulous dining, including California Grill, which offers views of Wishes nighttime spectacular
- Laid-back island vibe is soooo relaxing
- Some of the largest and most affordable villas on property
- Boat service to Disney Springs
Best Disney World Moderate Resorts
- Awesome pirate-themed pool and water play area
- Most rooms sleep five
- Beautiful landscaping, with a lush, tropical vibe
- More amenities than other moderates, including a spa, fitness center and full room service
- One of the best pools on property, with a 50-foot pyramid themed to the Mayan ruins
- Most refined rooms on property, the only one with suites
- Perfect swimmin' hole on Ol' Man Island
- Boat service to Disney Springs and within 20 minutes of all resorts
- Beautiful grounds with manicured magnolias and bayou "swamps"
Best Disney World Value Resorts
- True family suites sleep six, and offer a kitchenette and two bathrooms
- Big Blue Pool is the largest on property and themed after Finding Nemo
- Our favorite food court, with standard fare and more creative options
- Oversized "pop" and Disney icons are fun for the whole family
- Another terrific food court—try the Tie Dye Cheesecake or POP waffles!
- There is less walking than at the All-Star Resorts
There you have it—the best Disney World hotels—at least according to us frogs! Which is your favorite? Make sure to hop over to our Where to Stay in Orlando page inside the Orlando Planning Timeline for more planning resources!