TypePoi | Ride
Height Req.54" (137cm) minimum
Frog OverviewIn Greek mythology, Hercules defeats Hydra, a monstrous serpent with nine heads. In Dorney Park mythology, Hydra has risen from Dorney Park Lake and is taking revenge on Hercules (the former wooden roller coaster that Hydra replaced). The roller coaster begins with a unique jojo roll, which flips riders upside down before the lift hill. Hydra also features an inclined dive loop, a zero-gravity roll, two flat-spins with inversions and a tight cobra roll — a grand total of seven inversions!
Hydra Accessibility Information: Alternate access is available via the Fast Lane entrance. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat. A wheelchair lift is available to transport guests from the Fast Lane entrance to the ride platform. Limit one rider and one companion in lift at a time. The ride contains strobe lighting.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
Aw, toad warts! There aren't any things to do that match your request. Please adjust the filter options.
More resources for Hydra
Related Philadelphia Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- SeaWorld San Diego Launches New Family-Friendly Roller Coaster, Arctic Rescue
- The ~Hoppin'~ Good Guide to Visiting Disney Springs
- Celebrate Jurassic June at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood!
- Oogie Boogie Bash and Disneyland Halloween Time Dates Are Here!
- Oogie Boogie Bash at Disneyland — Dates, Details and Tips!