Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress Details
TypePoi | Ride
Travel through time from decade to decade as the family discovers fantastic new technologies that make their lives more easy, comfortable and fun—and sometimes a bit more complicated! The show starts with an introduction about Walt Disney’s idea of the Carousel of Progress. Once you’re about to travel through time, the song “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” starts to play.
You’ll start your journey at the turn-of-the-century, where you’ll hear about the progress of kitchen faucets, Thomas Edison and washing clothes. The theme song continues as you travel to the next scene of a 1920s family preparing for the 4th of July. Next up is the 1940s! You’ll watch the father discuss the “Rat Race,” television and more. The carousel rotates you to the final scene of the next century, filled with virtual video games and the house voice activation system!
The theater for Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress is almost as impressive as the show. The audience rotates around a central stage, which allows a new group of Guests to take a seat every few minutes, instead of having to wait the full length of the show. This ingenious piece of technology is the perfect way to frame a show about the power of innovation.
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress is located in Tomorrowland® Area at Magic Kingdom® Park. It is presented in a revolving theater and lasts about 21 minutes. Guests may remain in their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to experience the attraction. Flash photography is not allowed inside the attraction.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Frog Family Tips
- Experience Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress during busy times of the day and when you need to rest from the crowds and heat! Lily usually uses the opportunity for a nap. This attraction has a large capacity, so wait times are never long.
- Don't miss this often overlooked Magic Kingdom® Park attraction! As loyal fans of Walt Disney, we have to give props to this attraction.
- The show's original theme song "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" was written by the Oscar®-winning Sherman Brothers.
- Originally named General Electric Carousel of Progress, the show was personally created by Walt Disney for the 1964-65 New York World's Fair and named “Progressland.” It played at Disneyland theme park in California from July 2, 1967 until September 9, 1973. The show next moved to Magic Kingdom® Park and opened on January 15, 1975 with a new theme song, “The Best Time of Your Life.” In 1994, the show was rewritten and restaged with the new name Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Related Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Our Top Tips and Strategies for Using Disney Genie Plus Service at Disneyland
- Catch the Awe-Summer Celebrations at LEGOLAND Florida!
- Halfway to the Holidays: Disney Parks Confirms Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and More Festive Details
- Guide to the ~Hoppiest~ Holidays at Disneyland 2022
- Complete Guide to Walt Disney World Resort Christmas Events in 2022