Splash Mountain® Attraction
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
About Splash Mountain® Attraction
Splash Mountain® Attraction Details
TypePoi | Ride
Height Req.40" (102cm) minimum
Wind your way through the queue at the base of Splash Mountain® Attraction to follow Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear through Chick-A-Pin Hill. Your eight-person hollowed-out log follows Br’er Rabbit as he tries his hand at escaping the clutches of Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear while searching for his laughing place on this favorite Walt Disney World® Resort ride.
Your log gently and slowly glides up 5-stories high on Splash Mountain® Attraction while you watch the story unfold. While traveling through Chick-A-Pin Hill, you’ll see several homes of the critters that live there, such as rabbits, alligator and more. After climbing your second hill, you’ll even catch a glimpse of Frontierland down below if you look to your left. Splashing down the small drop, you’ll enter Chick-A-Pin Hill, where over 100 Audio-Animatronics are singing, fishing and dancing. Some of the places inside Splash Mountain include Critter Cave, the fishing Place, the Old Swimming Hole and more.
While all the merriment is taking place, Br’er Rabbit quickly begins to realize the danger he’s in and starts coming up with crazy antics to escape his two enemies. The adventure takes a dark and dangerous turn when you land in complete darkness. But be sure to wave hello to all of the frogs and give them the Frog Family’s greetings!
Just as you think it’s the end for Br'er Rabbit, you'll help him escape by splashing back down Chick-A-Pin Hill! Flash a smile at the camera while you take the plunge. After riding 5-stories down, you’ll sing along with Br’er Rabbit and the rest of Splash Mountain’s critters as the story ends with the beloved "Zip-a-Dee-Dooh-Dah" tune, and you skip merrily on your way through Frontierland® Area and the rest of Magic Kingdom® Park.
Splash Mountain® Attraction is a water flume ride for guests 40 inches and taller and is located in Frontierland® Area at Magic Kingdom® Park. The duration of the Splash Mountain® Attraction is about 10 minutes. The long queue takes you through the insides of Chick-A-Pin Hill until you reach the loading zone where you’ll board an 8-passenger flume. Each row of the ride vehicle (flume) has a lap bar restraint.
Guests must transfer from their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to board the ride vehicle. Due to the nature of this ride, service animals are not permitted on the attraction.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Splash Mountain® Attraction
Frog Family Tips
- Use Genie+ and go right before lunch - this depends on how many days you are touring Magic Kingdom® Park. Splash Mountain® Attraction is one of the most popular attractions in all of Walt Disney World® Resort, so even during off-peak season the line can be very long. The line is also usually shorter during parades.
- Bring water or snacks while waiting in line!
- Don't miss out on this Disney classic ride! Even with its long wait, Splash Mountain® Attraction definitely is a Frog Family favorite.
- Sit in the very front to get extremely soaked. But keep mind, you are guaranteed to get wet on Splash Mountain® Attraction no matter where you sit!
- Wear a poncho and cover your shoes with plastic bags if you don't want to be soaked for the next few hours. Even better, wear waterproof shoes! It’s also a good idea to put valuables in a plastic bag.
- Don't forget to check your photo on the way out!
- Splash Mountain® Attraction made a big splash and received the 2004 Disney Magazine Reader's Choice Award for Favorite Attraction at the Magic Kingdom® Park!
- The characters, story and songs are all from the Disney film, "Song of the South," which was released in 1946.
- The big splash at the end of the attraction isn’t actually created by the logs – a water cannon hidden in the landscaping creates this effect!
- Is that gopher towards the big splash at the end actually sneezing or is he shouting, “F.S.U.”? Some say it’s a nod to Florida State University by an Imagineer!
- There's a Splash Mountain in Disneyland® Resort, Tokyo Disneyland and of course, Magic Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort. Splash Mountain® Attraction opened in 1992 at Magic Kingdom® Park.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Splash Mountain® Attraction
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Our ~Grinchy~ Guide to Christmas at Universal Studios Hollywood
- What’s Coming to Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood in 2022 and Beyond — '100 Years of Magic' Kicks Off January 2023!
- Your Step-by-Step Guide to Disney World Mobile Ordering
- Our Spooky-Good Guide to Disneyland Halloween Time 2022
- A Super Guide to Avengers Campus Characters