Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
About Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction
Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction Details
TypePoi | Ride
Take an adventure by sailing through the Old World and encounter a rowdy group of pirates on Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction! During the beginning of your cruise voyage, you'll travel through darkness and under a misty waterfall, where a pirate's face "greets" you in the water. With realistic sound effects and detailed scenes, you're thrown directly into the Old World of pirates.
Traveling down the 14-foot drop on your boat, you'll float onto the "sea" right into the middle of a fierce and loud pirate battle, where Captain Barbossa is shouting from his pirate ship. Witness the rowdy pirates conquer a city and flames as they engulf it. We dare you to try not to sing along (a nearly impossible task) with the animatronic pirates as they sing their anthem, "Yo Ho, Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)." You'll face more secret caverns and witness battles, while voyaging into the Pirates Gotto and other sites.
Keep a lookout for Captain Jack Sparrow- he was added onto the attraction after the popularity of the movie, "Pirates of the Caribbean." You'll find him popping up from behind a barrel, peeking from behind a mannequin and right after the jail scene at the end of the voyage.
Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction is an indoor pirate-themed boat ride in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom® Park. The duration of the attraction is about 7 ½ minutes. The boats do not have any type of lap-restraint.
Guests must transfer from their motorized scooters or ECVs to an available wheelchair, then from the wheelchair to the ride vehicle. Flash photography is not allowed inside the attraction. Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction is appropriate for guests of all ages, but some scenes may frighten very young children. Handheld Captioning devices, which display text for segments at this location, are available at Guest Relations. Audio Description devices that provide supplemental audio for guests with visual disabilities are also available at Guest Relations.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction
Frog Family Tips
- Unless visiting during peak times, save this for while you’re waiting for a Disney Genie+ return time on another attraction. Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction loads fairly quickly and there are two covered waiting lines! And since it’s an indoor attraction, it doesn’t matter if you do it during the day or at night.
- Try going on it while waiting for your Disney Genie+ return time for Jungle Cruise® Attraction (depending on how many days we are touring Magic Kingdom® Park).
- Don't be intimidated by the drop in the beginning! During a refurbishment in 2015, the drop was smoothed out to make it more pleasant.
- This timeless boat ride opened on December 17, 1973. Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction was originally envisioned as a walk-through until Walt Disney saw the possibilities presented by the boats in Disney's it's a small world® Attraction at the 1964 New York World's Fair. Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction was the last theme park show that was personally supervised by Walt Disney.
- First the Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction inspired the movies - now the movies have inspired the attraction. Innovative special effects and popular characters, like Captain Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa and ghostly Davy Jones, have been woven into the story of a Caribbean seaport town under siege by boisterous buccanneers during an extensive refurbishment.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction
Related Orlando Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- A Holly-Jolly Good Guide to Disney Springs at Christmas Time
- Our Wild Guide to the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Our Disney World Holiday Merchandise Wishlist, Plus Our Top Tips!
- New Details for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Are Here — Including Splash Mountain Closure Dates at Disney World!
- Disney World Refurbishments & Closings