Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
About Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction
Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction Details
TypePoi | Ride
Similar to Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction is a self-guided walking tour but with an Asian setting and Asian wildlife. You’ll encounter a Komodo dragon, the world’s largest lizard, upon entering Maharajah Jungle Trek. From there, you’ll encounter the Malayan Tapir, a unique, half black, half white mammal native to the forested regions of Asia. The next stop is Bat Cliffs, where you’ll see the Rodrigues Fruit and Malayan Flying Fox bat species. After that is the highlight of the tour, the Asian tigers. There are three separate viewing areas, and yes, they are behind glass. Other animals you’ll encounter include Blackbuck and Elds Deer and over 50 species of exotic birds.
Maharajah Jungle Trek is a self-guided walking tour in Asia at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The average duration of the tour is 20-25 minutes, but you can take as little or as much time as you like. Cast Members are available to answer questions and point out animals you may not see. In addition to the exotic wildlife, Maharajah Jungle Trek features beautiful murals, crumbling ruins and colorful pennants representing the cultures of northern Asia. Guests may remain in their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to experience the attraction.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction
Frog Family Tips
- For scheduling purposes, save Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction for midday when other attractions are very crowded. It typically doesn’t get as clogged as Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.
- Want a surefire way to see the tigers up and about? Go to the first viewing area near the fountain about 45 minutes before park closing. The tigers will be anxiously awaiting suppertime.
- Consider ending the day at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park by getting one last soaking on Kali River Rapids® Attraction then swinging by the tiger exhibit at Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction. We take our time here…one, so we don’t miss anything, and two, because it’s not as crowded as Pangani Forest Exploration Trail!
- Notice that there is no glass between you and the fruit bats. This is possible because the bats have no interest in human interaction of any kind.
- A maharaja is a king or prince in India ranking above a rajah.
- There is great effort being made to bring these majestic tigers back from the brink of extinction.
- While exploring Maharajah Jungle Trek® Attraction, you might see the Komo Dragon, a Malayan Flying Fox, a Blackbuck, Green Peafowl and other wildlife!
Source: Undercover Tourist