Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
About Tomorrowland® Speedway
Tomorrowland® Speedway Details
TypePoi | Ride
Height Req.32" (81cm) minimum
Race your very own gas-powered car on this mini raceway! You’ll wait in a winding queue, walking past the miniature versions of Indianapolis 500 cars. Take a look at the photos and history of Indy racing, including Gasoline Alley, Yard of Bricks and more.
Now it’s time to have your own race! You’ll strap into your car and drive your racecar on a rail around a 2000-foot track, building up to speeds of 7 miles per hour. While racing, be sure to listen to the voice of the famous announcer, Tom Carnegie.
Once the race is concluded, you’ll drive into Victory Circle after the checkered flag is waved. Anyone who is tall enough to reach the pedal is invited to burn up the track and take home the gold at Tomorrowland Speedway!
Tomorrowland® Speedway is a mini race car ride in Tomorrowland® Area at Magic Kingdom® Park. The duration of the attraction is about 5 minutes. Guests who are at least 54 inches tall can ride by themselves. Guests under 54 inches, but are at least 32 inches tall, can ride along as a passenger. Each car seats two guests and has a shared seat belt restraint. Guests must transfer from their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to board the ride vehicle.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Tomorrowland® Speedway
Frog Family Tips
- Bring some water for the line, as the queue is long and travels up and down stairs. The cars of Tomorrowland® Speedway are gas-powered, and the fumes are very strong!
- Wait until late afternoon or before the park closes to do this attraction. There will be minimal wait, and the kids will really enjoy “racing” around the track under the lights. Tomorrowland® Speedway is also very popular with younger kids! Wait times can exceed 45 minutes in the middle of the day.
- Keep in mind - the little ones tend to have a hard time pushing the gas pedals. After you have your pedal to the metal for the 5-minute race, you’ll see that it’s hard for adults, too!
- The checkered flag is waved at every driver who finishes the race!
- Tomorrowland® Speedway opened with Magic Kingdom® Park on October 1, 1971.
- The speedway features Autopia Mark VII racecars.
- Al Unserbot is the official host of the Tomorrowland Indy 500.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Tomorrowland® Speedway
Related Orlando Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- A Holly-Jolly Good Guide to Disney Springs at Christmas Time
- Our Wild Guide to the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Our Disney World Holiday Merchandise Wishlist, Plus Our Top Tips!
- New Details for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Are Here — Including Splash Mountain Closure Dates at Disney World!
- Disney World Refurbishments & Closings