Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover Details
TypePoi | Ride
Climb aboard Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover and take a trip on “the highway in the sky.” The slow-moving tram ride takes you above and around Tomorrowland® Area and introduces you to Tomorrowland attractions as well as a view of early architectural models of EPCOT® and Space Mountain® Attraction. Starting at the second floor boarding area, you'll hop onto "the highway in the sky" and start the tour through Tomorrowland® Area.
You'll begin by moving around Astro Orbiter and past Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Catch a beautiful glimpse of Cinderella Castle, and then glide past early architectural models of EPCOT® in its planning stages (Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow). Next, you'll look down into Star Traders gift shop and cruise over Tomorrowland Speedway. Peek inside Space Mountain® Attraction (you might even hear the screams of guests riding Space Mountain), and then the train will circle back by Tomorrowland Speedway and Astro Orbiter.
You'll travel around the exterior of Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress, and take a look inside Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin® Attraction. Concluding the tour of Tomorrowland® Area, you'll go back by Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Stitch’s Great Escape!
Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover is a 10-minute narrated tour on a slow-moving tram in Tomorrowland® Area at Magic Kingdom® Park. You must take an escalator to the second floor boarding area. The escalator is located in the center of Rockettower Plaza directly beside the entrance to Astro Orbiter. Each car seats 4 guests with 2 riding forward and 2 riding backward. You will have the same views whichever way you sit. There are no lap restraints and this ride is suitable for guests of all ages. The trams do not come to a complete stop for boarding, but they slow down enough to make loading and unloading very easy. Guests must walk by themselves or be assisted by a member(s) of their party to experience this attraction; there is no wheelchair access.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover
Frog Family Tips
- Do this when you need a break from the crowds and a rest for your legs. Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover loads very quickly so even if the park is crowded, you won’t likely have to wait more than 5 minutes
- Don't skip this often-underrated attraction! Believe it or not, it’s one of Tad and Lily’s favorites. The line is always short, you'll get the best views of all of Tomorrowland® Area, and you'll be able to rest your tired legs. It's even better at night!
- Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover received the 2004 Disney Magazine Reader's Choice Award for Most Underrated Attraction at Magic Kingdom® Park!
- The attraction first opened in Magic Kingdom® Park on July 1, 1975. It was based on the PeopleMover - the Disneyland attraction that opened in 1967.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Tomorrowland® Transit Authority PeopleMover
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Not-to-Miss Rides and Experiences at EPCOT
- Spectacular Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July at Disney World
- What's Coming to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando in 2022 and Beyond — Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opening in Late 2024!
- What’s Coming to Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood in 2022 and Beyond
- Early Theme Park Entry to Return Aug. 8 for Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests