Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel Details
TypePoi | Ride
Frog OverviewGallop along with Cinderella and her Prince Charming as you take a spin in the shadow of Cinderella Castle. This nostalgic kid-friendly attraction is inspired by the Disney classic "Cinderella." It's a trip toward your happily ever after.
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel is an authentic, antique carrousel ride in Fantasyland® Area at Magic Kingdom® Park. Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by a person age 14 or older; the older guests may stand beside the child for the duration of the ride. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel lasts about 2 minutes. Guests must transfer from their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to experience the attraction.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Frog Family Tips
- Go during the first few hours after park opening or at night when the carrousel is beautifully lit. Unless the park is particularly crowded, the wait time rarely exceeds 5-10 minutes. Since Prince Charming Regal Carrousel is popular among small children and has a large capacity, it loads and unloads fairly slowly.
- Don't miss this memory-maker! Some of our favorite Disney pictures are of Tad and Lily when they were toddlers on the carrousel. There's hardly ever more than a 10 minute wait so even if you're big kids yourselves or if your kids are big kids, mount up and do this ride.
- There are 90 horses on Prince Charming Regal Carrousel and each is completely unique with its own pattern, color scheme and number.
- Built in 1917 by the Philadelphia Toboggan Co., the carrousel first called the Detroit Palace Garden Park home. It was relocated to New Jersey for the Maplewood Olympic Park. Disney Imagineers discovered it and performed an extensive renovation—adding painted scenes from Cinderella and restoring or replacing the horses. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel is the oldest Walt Disney World® attraction!
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Related Orlando Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- All the Magical Details of the Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration
- Our ~Grinchy~ Guide to Christmas at Universal Studios Hollywood
- What’s Coming to Disneyland Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood in 2022 and Beyond — '100 Years of Magic' Kicks Off January 2023!
- Your Step-by-Step Guide to Disney World Mobile Ordering
- Our Spooky-Good Guide to Disneyland Halloween Time 2022