Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Details
TypePoi | Ride
Take a seat in the cool tropical pavilion, sit back and watch these enchanted performers assemble along the ceiling of the circular theater. Jose, Fritz, Michael and Pierre - the four crooning parrots – host this lively revue which showcases a colorful menagerie of flowers, tikis and 200 performing Audio-Animatronic birds.
Before the show starts, you wait outside of the theater for a bit of an introduction. As the lights go down, the birds spring into action with a melodic musical performance. The birds start the musical performance with the famous tune "The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room." With these tropical birds swirling and singing above you, you'll be transported into a cool and relaxing paradise filled with tiki drummers and more. At the end, the birds bid you farewell with a chorus of the “Hawaiian War Chant.”
Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room takes place in the Sunshine Pavilion in Adventureland® Area at Magic Kingdom® Park. The show lasts about 16 minutes. When you pass the turnstiles into the attraction, you’ll spend a few minutes in the pre-show holding area. After the turnstiles close for more guests, you’ll proceed to the left and enter the actual theater. The theater has bench seating. Guests may remain in their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to experience the attraction. Flash photography is not allowed inside the attraction.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Frog Family Tips
- Do this one while you’re food settles from lunch before you get on any wild rides or when you need a break from the heat. The line for Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is typically short!
- Sit anywhere in the theater. Since the action takes place above everyone’s heads, there really isn’t a “bad seat” in the house.
- Get ready to have “The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room” stuck in your head for the next few hours!
- The Walt Disney World Resort Tiki Room show was originally named Tropical Serenade and debuted on the opening day of Magic Kingdom® Park, Oct. 1, 1971. The attraction was inspired by the Disneyland version that opened on June 23, 1963. Iago and Zazu assumed management of the Sunshine Pavilion in 1998 when it was re-launched as The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management. The attraction was once again, re-imagined and re-launched as Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room in August 2011 and pays tribute to the original show.
- The Tiki gods that can be seen in and around the showroom are fashioned after the mythological Tiki gods of the Polynesian Islands—particularly Hawaii, Fiji, Tonga, and the Cook Islands.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Similar Things to Do
More resources for Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Related Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Posts
Latest Undercover Tourist Posts
- Our Top Tips and Strategies for Using Disney Genie Plus Service at Disneyland
- Catch the Awe-Summer Celebrations at LEGOLAND Florida!
- Halfway to the Holidays: Disney Parks Confirms Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and More Festive Details
- Guide to the ~Hoppiest~ Holidays at Disneyland 2022
- Complete Guide to Walt Disney World Resort Christmas Events in 2022