Conservation Station® Attraction
Rafiki's Planet Watch® Land
Skip the Lines with the Orlando Planning App!
Download our FREE on-the-go iPhone app for easy access to current wait times, preset and custom touring plans, and daily park activities.Learn More
Conservation Station® Attraction Details
TypePoi | Ride
Conservation Station® Attraction gives guests a behind-the-scenes look at the animals and inner-workings of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. The facility includes a rehabilitation area for injured animals, a nursery for newborns and several other educational experiences. You can also learn about the many projects going on at Conservation Station® Attraction. You'll find Conservation Station® Attraction at Rafiki's Planet Watch® Land; in order to get here, you'll have to take to the Wildlife Express Train from Harambe Station in Africa. Vets and other experts will be there to give demonstrations and explain the care, research and food preparation that are part of the day-to-day activities at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
Tad and Lily enjoy seeing the newborn critters in their incubators and watching the vets work with injured animals in the rehabilitation area. It’s a nice place to cool off after petting the animals at Affection Section next door. If the park is particularly crowded, we may skip it though.
Conservation Station® Attraction is located in Rafiki's Planet Watch® Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and is only accessible by the Wildlife Express Train from Harambe, Africa. The attraction is self-guided so you can take as much or as little time as you like. To see everything Conservation Station® Attraction has to offer, expect to spend at least 20 minutes.
Source: Undercover Tourist
Frog Family Tips and Fun Facts about Conservation Station® Attraction
Frog Family Tips
- Plan this out if you want to visit Conservation Station; it can easily take up to 1 ½ hours after boarding and riding the Wildlife Express Train then experiencing the attraction.
- Be inquisitive as possible at Conservation Station® Attraction; you can find out the most interesting information by grilling the attending experts!
- Visit in the morning if you want to catch any of the veterinary procedures.
- World-famous animal expert Jane Goodall offered her insight as an advisor during the development of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
- Conservation Station® Attraction opened with Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park on April 22, 1998.
- There are over 200 species of animals - mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish and insects - representing more than 1,000 animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
Source: Undercover Tourist